[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

To be honest I can't imagine how you don't have conflicts.
Half of these I don't even know. You could try putting Hospitality to the end of the list and see if that helps.

Do you get errors (at any point between starting RimWorld and the angry message)?

joaonunes

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 24, 2016, 05:29:39 PM
Here's my mod list:

I just had passerbys go missing in a new game. No corpses or anything, they just left and were immediately declared missing.

For possible conflicts, I can't really imagine anything other than Scheduled Caravans (TRCaravans). Maybe something with CR visitors too.

EDIT: Just got a message saying the faction chief is angry that 0 people went missing, although relations didn't change (+0).

Welcome to the group. :D I have over 80 files being loaded on my load order and have no issues at all :P at least no game breaking issue
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Orion on May 25, 2016, 02:57:08 AM
Half of these I don't even know. You could try putting Hospitality to the end of the list and see if that helps.

Do you get errors (at any point between starting RimWorld and the angry message)?

I haven't seen any errors. I don't have any noticeable conflicts either, since I've taken some effort to use mods that don't bother each other for the most part.

joaonunes

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 25, 2016, 03:43:31 AM
Quote from: Orion on May 25, 2016, 02:57:08 AM

I haven't seen any errors. I don't have any noticeable conflicts either, since I've taken some effort to use mods that don't bother each other for the most part.

That is what everyone should do, and I posted something relative to that a while back somewhere... why will people install multiple mods if they know (if they think a little bit) that they will replace the same files or affect the same mechanics, or can't just simply read the whole mod post and see it's incompatibilities...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Orion

This does make it practically impossible for me to find the problem, though :P

As a last resort, you could attach your output_log.txt after you had a message that you shouldn't have had.

As you are now using CCL, I would like to point out that CCL has methods to help enumerate loaded mods.  While you can do this with just the core methods, CCL takes some of the fiddle out of it.  This would allow you to detect things like other mods which add things like packs and vehicles and then add them to your pawns programmatically without having an explicit dependency on those mods.  This could at least resolve the "spawn and drop" issue with overloaded pawns due to CRs weight/bulk mechanic.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Orion

Quote from: 1000101 on May 25, 2016, 05:19:59 AM
As you are now using CCL, I would like to point out that CCL has methods to help enumerate loaded mods.  While you can do this with just the core methods, CCL takes some of the fiddle out of it.
This does seem handy, thanks for pointing it out. Right now I'm using reflection to check if another mod is loaded and to call its functions, to make Hospitality work with CR's inventory limits. I am not, however, going to fix other mods having problems with CR :P

crusader2010

Hi. I'm getting some debug errors that keep on adding to the output file and making it extremely large (20MB after few hours of game play). The message that repeats itself is this:

TraverseParms for null pawn.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

After looking for that "TraverseParms" object, I could only find it inside GuestUtility.cs, and 3 of the CombatRealism files (Detour_AttackTargetFinder.cs, JobGiver_UpdateLoadout.cs, WorkGiver_ReloadTurret.cs). These errors are generated continuously and there are no active raids, nor do I have any reloadable turrets - so it's most likely something in the loadout update file, or the GuestUtility.

Unfortunately I am unable to play and test right now, but should Hospitality be loaded after CombatRealism or before? (right now I have it before). Also worthy to note that before the 1.13 update I didn't have any of the errors. As for the mods I am using, it's the pack from my signature.

Any help is appreciated! Let me know if it's CR-related so I can write about it in that thread too :)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Quote from: Orion on May 25, 2016, 11:27:13 AM
Quote from: 1000101 on May 25, 2016, 05:19:59 AM
As you are now using CCL, I would like to point out that CCL has methods to help enumerate loaded mods.  While you can do this with just the core methods, CCL takes some of the fiddle out of it.
This does seem handy, thanks for pointing it out. Right now I'm using reflection to check if another mod is loaded and to call its functions, to make Hospitality work with CR's inventory limits. I am not, however, going to fix other mods having problems with CR :P

Well, you'll still need reflection to access the other mods DLLs, CCL can just help with detection and enumeration.

As to other mods issues, I agree, those are other mods and not your responsibility to fix.  ;)
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.