[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Cabdono on June 05, 2017, 03:42:31 PM
First time playing with the mod so I might be missing something but I can't seem to find how to make the guest zone, looked in the area manager and tab and nothing.
It's just any normal (non-animal) zone that you set up. I like to call mine guest quarters to identify it in the set of all my zones.

When guests show up, select one and click the guests tab. Within that tab will be a row showing the areas you've created, which defaults to the home zone. Choose whatever zone you'd like them to spend their time (and money) in, and you can set that as a default for all visitors.

The zone that you assign to guests will be the only place they are allowed to path around in, so make sure it contains their beds, food, entertainment and any storage that you'd like them to go shopping in.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Cabdono

Oh thank you, for some reason I thought it'd be another type of zone like colonists, animals and guests.

Orion

@henk: I haven't seen this error before. I don't think it is related to Hospitality. If you find out more I'd be glad to know.

@bolbies: Could be a mod conflict. Are you using Randy Random or double population? I heard those can cause issues. Please enable developer mode, click the 5th icon from the dev menu and select "Future Incidents". Then open the console and copy the contents of the last entry (with the future incidents) and post it here. It might give us more insights to the issue.

bolbies

@Orion: Yes I am playing on Random Randy but not double population. Here's the future incidents log:

Test future incidents for Randy:
M0 T 98.0d      ManhunterPack     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=466.6433 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    98.1d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    99.3d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    103.0d      HeatWave          (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    103.3d      SolarFlare        (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0    103.5d      ShipChunkDrop     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    103.7d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    104.3d      Eclipse           (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0    105.2d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    107.9d      SelfTame          (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    108.3d      RefugeeChased     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    108.8d      ThrumboPasses     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    109.7d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    111.0d      Flashstorm        (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0 T 112.4d      PoisonShipPartCrash (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=623.3754 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    114.2d      RaidFriendly      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    114.2d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    114.3d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    114.6d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    116.1d      VolcanicWinter    (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    116.8d      RefugeeChased     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    117.1d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    117.5d      TraderCaravanArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    118.0d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    118.3d      ShipChunkDrop     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    120.3d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    120.6d      SolarFlare        (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0    120.7d      ShortCircuit      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    121.5d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    122.4d      VisitorGroup      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    122.8d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    123.1d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    124.7d      ShipChunkDrop     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    124.8d      RaidFriendly      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0 T 125.6d      RaidEnemy         (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=275.2973 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    127.5d      RefugeeChased     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    127.8d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    129.3d      AnimalInsanitySingle (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=603.0182 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    129.6d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    130.2d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    130.7d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    133.1d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    133.5d      HeatWave          (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    134.3d      Eclipse           (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0    135.5d      ShipChunkDrop     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    136.7d      AnimalInsanitySingle (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=355.716 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    136.8d      SolarFlare        (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0 T 139.1d      RaidEnemy         (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=323.8154 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    139.3d      TraderCaravanArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    139.7d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    140.4d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    141.9d      RaidFriendly      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    141.9d      AnimalInsanitySingle (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=548.2369 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    143.0d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0 T 145.4d      AnimalInsanityMass (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=309.628 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    145.9d      ShipChunkDrop     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    146.3d      SelfTame          (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    147.1d      ShipChunkDrop     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    148.2d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    148.3d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    149.1d      ThrumboPasses     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    150.5d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    150.6d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    150.6d      Eclipse           (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0    152.3d      RaidFriendly      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    153.6d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    155.6d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    156.9d      RaidFriendly      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    157.7d      RefugeeChased     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    158.0d      SolarFlare        (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0 T 160.8d      ManhunterPack     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=428.5342 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0 T 161.4d      RaidEnemy         (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=546.2842 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    161.5d      QuestItemStash    (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0    161.9d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    164.0d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    164.8d      ShipChunkDrop     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    166.2d      RaidFriendly      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    167.3d      Eclipse           (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0    167.4d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    167.6d      TravelerGroup     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    167.7d      CropBlight        (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    167.8d      HeatWave          (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0 T 169.4d      RaidEnemy         (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=379.41 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    169.7d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    171.0d      RefugeeChased     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    174.0d      AnimalInsanitySingle (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=414.6204 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    174.6d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    174.8d      VisitorGroup      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    174.9d      TravelerGroup     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0 T 175.6d      RaidEnemy         (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=324.4219 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    176.4d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    176.7d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    176.9d      ShortCircuit      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    179.5d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    180.0d      RefugeePodCrash   (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    180.1d      AnimalInsanitySingle (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=273.3889 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    181.5d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    182.9d      RefugeeChased     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    184.0d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    184.1d      TraderCaravanArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    185.6d      AnimalInsanitySingle (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=576.3951 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    185.7d      VisitorGroup      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    187.2d      VisitorGroup      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    187.4d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    188.3d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0 T 190.8d      Infestation       (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) points=308.9884 ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    190.9d      Eclipse           (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M1    191.6d      SolarFlare        (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0    191.7d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    194.1d      OrbitalTraderArrival (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    194.3d      VisitorGroup      (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    194.3d      RefugeeChased     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    194.6d      ThrumboPasses     (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M0    196.0d      ResourcePodCrash  (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain
M1    196.4d      QuestBanditCamp   (target=(World-Seginus) ), source=StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB
M0    196.6d      Flashstorm        (target=(Map-0-PlayerHome) ), source=StorytellerComp_RandomMain

Incident totals:
   M0: 104  (89.66% of total, avg 1.04 per day, avg interval 0.9615385)
   M1: 12  (10.35% of total, avg 0.12 per day, avg interval 8.333334)
   M2: 0  (0.00% of total, avg 0.00 per day, avg interval Infinity)
   M3: 0  (0.00% of total, avg 0.00 per day, avg interval Infinity)
   M4: 0  (0.00% of total, avg 0.00 per day, avg interval Infinity)
Total threats: 10
Total threats avg per day: 0.10
Overall: 116
Overall avg per day: 1.16

Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorld.StorytellerUtility:DebugLogTestFutureIncidents(Boolean)
Verse.Dialog_DebugLogMenu:<DoListingItems>m__BA8()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugLogMenu:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Platonov555

Great mod. One request:

Guests begin visiting too early. There should be a 4-6 month timer from game start, so that you have time to build up the basics. It's kinda annoying to have to feed, house and entertain 10-12 guests, when you got urgent stuff to take care of early game.

Love

Quote from: Platonov555 on June 07, 2017, 01:19:44 AM
Great mod. One request:

Guests begin visiting too early. There should be a 4-6 month timer from game start, so that you have time to build up the basics. It's kinda annoying to have to feed, house and entertain 10-12 guests, when you got urgent stuff to take care of early game.
Agreed. Even with the adjustments in difficulty, I'd rather it not be a factor until later on in.

DariusWolfe

While I don't disagree that visitors start too early, I don't really worry about housing or feeding them until at least the second or third visit; I pretty much just ignore them. I may lose a small amount of faction relationship, but it's not too hard to build it back up, since I'm rarely to never concerned with recruiting their people, at least until considerably later.

Canute

Quote from: Platonov555 on June 07, 2017, 01:19:44 AM
That has nothing to do with hospitality, thats just a small positiv event. That happen at a vanilla game too.
The storyteller setup these events.

And at early game, the guests are happy when you just talk to them a few times. They arn't impressed but they will come back.

Orion

@bolbies: so far so good. Raids are being scheduled. Now click the 4th icon and find execute event (or raid) somewhere in the top left. From the following menu choose raid and click through to the end of the dialog.
Let me know if the event happens. If not, please upload me a log from that moment.

@Timing discussion: I usually just plop down some sleeping spots for them and let them buy something I have enough of (if I do, like maybe wood or steel) for some early cash.
If you're lucky they leave you some food or medicine. They don't really get upset with not being treated well in the beginning, especially now that sleeping spots also count as guest beds.
I could make it somewhat later, but then I'd get a lot of "no more guests are coming" bug reports.

bolbies

@Orion: I tried all three execute options one by one, and the only one that throws an error is "Execute incident with..." VisitorGroup with 35 points. It gives me this:

Trying to spawn visitors, but points are too low.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoExecuteIncidentWithDebugAction>c__AnonStorey5CE:<>m__B7F()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Love

Quote from: Orion on June 07, 2017, 02:44:29 AMI could make it somewhat later, but then I'd get a lot of "no more guests are coming" bug reports.

Maybe make it an opt-in Mod Option?

faltonico

Quote from: Love on June 07, 2017, 12:44:18 PM
Quote from: Orion on June 07, 2017, 02:44:29 AMI could make it somewhat later, but then I'd get a lot of "no more guests are coming" bug reports.

Maybe make it an opt-in Mod Option?
Guest visit in the base game very early, and, the initial guest from hospitality are very resilient and don't mind a rough environment at the start. If you really don't like that you can disable the mod and enable it when you feel more comfortable.

Orion

@bolbies: Will the other options spawn an actual raid or do they do nothing?

bolbies

@Orion: Literally everything else works. Just that 35 point VisitorGroup doesn't.

Edit: I used the dev tools to increase my goodwill with the factions and now visitors are coming. However, the moment they get to my base, they say their stay was awful and leave.

Orion

How odd. Don't worry about the 35.
Do you get any errors when the visitors arrive?