[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibisuke

Quote from: Orion on July 20, 2019, 08:56:46 AM
Hey guys, if you've been enjoying this mod and always wanted to give a token of appreciation, that's possible now!

I've set up a Patreon page where you can become a patron for a tiny donation. For less than a coffee's worth, I will love you forever and also you will be able to vote for which feature should be added next.

i saw this and i just had to do it. thanks for all the hardwork since alpha days XD

Orion

Thanks buddy! It's much appreciated! Don't forget to vote for the next feature ;)

Orion

I've finally managed to track down two hideous bugs that have been troubling people for a long time:

Update
- Fix: Mod config no longer breaks when minimum guest group size is changed
- Fix: Guests not leaving when another pawn on the map is downed or mental

Schwartz

Small bug:

Entertainers don't care about what the guests are doing currently. They will often interrupt meals, which results in the meal dropping and the colonists claiming it as their own. Basically this is a mechanic that allows the player to steal food.

Perfect example: Guest just woke up and naturally wants to eat. Guest triggers entertainer because he hasn't been entertained in a while.

The rate of entertainment could also be lowered a bit. If the player has sufficient entertainers selected, the guests are being bothered non-stop and don't get much else done.

Orion

Good points! There is a problem, though. Guests are practically always doing something. So I'd have to specifically say some activities shouldn't be interrupted.

Schwartz

I'd say eating is an important one. Joy activities also, probably. Joy and Entertainment both serve the same purpose, don't they? If guests manage to keep themselves happy, that's one colonist job we can use elsewhere.

How about this: Eating will always take precedence. And joy takes precedence if the visitor hospitality gauge is over a certain %?

Canute

Normaly most people would enjoy a chat during lunch (sure at some socialties it is common to eat silenced).
I don't think you can find a way not to interrupt their current job (except hauling) for entertainment ?
2 pawn can chat to each other while duing job's at their workbenches.

Orion

It's possible not to interrupt them, but often guests race around the base and then the entertainer just stands there, which is stupid.

The problem with conditional activities that can't be interrupted is that the guest constantly switches between available and not available. This causes colonists to be busy just for running towards them, realizing they're busy and then doing something else again. Not very effective.
I think eating should be the only non-interuptable activity.

vovik

Some feedback.
A great mod that adds more faction interaction. Though there are some logic issues for me:
- "hey, theres a new settlment, we should visit it! if they have no beds or danger we can come back and try again in a few days!" this is kinda illogical - first visitor needs first to know that guests are accepted - otherwise they are risking losing time and maybe health if they are going to visit me across the map in a wild world with pirates and stuff... really, npc`s from factions, stop harrasing me with guest requests postfactum when you are about to enter, you dont have stuff to do? destroy some raider outposts? rescue your people? go hunting? forage for some berries to not die of starving on your way back? producing some drugs at last instead of going to another camp and just ditching your time there? - Thats a some common sense logic issue. I propose to make some building indicating that you are openup for guests - a signet, a radio beacon, whatever, just to let factions know that you are open for guests
- Ok, other settlements can visit me, but i cannot go for a visit to another settlement? not for trading, just visit - dump few pawns for some relationship increase and/or some trading (and a small unexpected chance to loose a pawn due to recruitment?)
- guests arriving with food for a few days exit with no food left. wait what. how are they going to reach their home? foraging berries? Its a large logic issue. How about guests behave more logically - for example: spare few meals and do not trade or eat them at all and bring more raw food as prepayment for guesting and eat your food that you leave in guest area beforehead and exit after their guest time is over or no food left - they are guests after all.. Or somehow allow guests to help themselves - go hunting, cooking...
- guests behavior during attacks on my colony... they behave like there are no raiders, there are only butterflies and peaceful rabbits around... and no doomsday is going to be fired... seriously, you are here [Character_Name] and most definitely will get involved, so can you please help us we could really use some firepower...? or leave atleast so you dont get hurt(preferably through safe route)?! - I propose to add an option to ask guests to leave(through safe route) or ask them to aid in combat before they will get hurt and relations go down? or atleast make them more careful with that.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Orion

I'm not gonna go into every point. I think this mod is probably not for you.

You can send guests away, though. And you can move them wherever you like while they stay. So you keep them safe.

Canute

vovik,
sure some behavior of guests,caravan or raiders arn't allways logical.
Raiders don't have enough food for their travels too when they arrive. Sure you can say that's why they visit you. But raiders are in the game to cause your trouble.
Caravan are for a none-orbital trading ability.
Guest's are in the game to give you some social interaction primary.
And this mod allready allow you to restrict guest at special zone's or send them away (with some penalties).
Which made your job (to protect guests) a bit easier.

vovik

Quote from: Orion on August 15, 2019, 06:04:03 PM
I'm not gonna go into every point. I think this mod is probably not for you.

You can send guests away, though. And you can move them wherever you like while they stay. So you keep them safe.
Im not critisizing, just expressing illogical points for me.
yea, but they dont choose the safe route, its random, and they get killed, its ok since they are not all dead and i can regain some reputation for saving some of them, but they are not leaving with valuable stuff i sold to them and value of my colony stays the same and increases even more what is undesired - sure, i can do metagaming and just destroy valuable stuf, but that is tedious metagaming(i prefer roleplay aspects that allow me to dispose of too much costy stuff). Moving 20 guests to another zone is tedious every raid.
Quote from: Canute on August 16, 2019, 02:16:36 AM
vovik,
sure some behavior of guests,caravan or raiders arn't allways logical.
Raiders don't have enough food for their travels too when they arrive. Sure you can say that's why they visit you. But raiders are in the game to cause your trouble.
And this mod allready allow you to restrict guest at special zone's or send them away (with some penalties).
Which made your job (to protect guests) a bit easier.
Raiders clearly can have some support caravan standing outside with food(especially larger ones) - thats how i also do raids - leave outside a person and muffalo with supplies and then split, while guests clearly dont have any suppport staying out of my guest camp. Im fine with raiders, but guests often get involved - yes, its not fine when guests arent in bunker, but is it fine when guests just stumble on raiders when leaving? or raiders punching in with some doomsday launchers that ignite guests through walls? I dont really care about them dying, sure i can have more corpses to butcher, but when that happens it bugs me out. 
Quote from: Canute on August 16, 2019, 02:16:36 AM
Caravan are for a none-orbital trading ability.
Guest's are in the game to give you some social interaction primary.
Ok, but interaction is one-sided where i have to make guestroom and allow some guests, MOST other ingame faction interactions are two-sided - trading: i can make caravans, AI can make caravans; raiding: i can, AI can; i can leave presents - AI can leave presents; AI pawns can be guests in my colony - my pawns ... cannot?
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Orion

Quote from: vovik on August 16, 2019, 02:16:32 PM
Im not critisizing, just expressing illogical points for me.
Oh, okay.
We'll, I've heard you.

Orion

Here's the update with the vote winning feature:

Update
- Fix: Changed various labels and descriptions (note to translators, check your translations!!)
- Fix: Chief will not get upset if rescued pawn's group is lost
- Fix: Fixed a case of exception ticking when trying to leave with an unknown pawn
- Fix: More defensive code for GainThought method
- New: Guest beds now have uninstall, reinstall and build copy buttons
- New: You can now set the price for guest beds. Guests will claim a bed for their stay and pay the price upfront
- Tweak: Guests will now pay 15% less for items and generally buy less ordinary items

This is the biggest update in quite some time, so please let me know if something is not working. If you use the Soft Warm Beds mod, you might want to wait until it is updated as well.

platipuss

Hello Orion

I'm using your mod since start it is one of my favorites
can we improve this mod like running a motel business
like your new update colony should get money for renting a room for a guest
guests can eat food  (if allowed) from the colony and pay for the food with this colony can make money and this whole mod can be used as a tool like trading

what do you think?