Suggestions request: Ways to fulfill a "joy" need

Started by Tynan, March 14, 2015, 03:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonto

Well, here's a few, and I apologize for any repeats XD

Hot Springs, using geothermal vents - why not make us choose between power or bathing facilities?
Board Games/Cards, from traders (with durability)
Movies, from traders (with durability) - what else are you going to watch on the TVs on a Rim World? Hope there's an outlander town that broadcasts sitcoms?
Marbles, Jacks, Tiddly-winks
Drinking games - this would be interesting :)
Sparring - either with fists or wooden training swords
Jogging
Feeding wild animals berries/potatoes
Mischief/Pranking - grafiti near colonist beds/dining areas/relaxation areas (cleanable), tampering with work stations (fixable) - would possibly give negative fun to colonists on the receiving end ;)
Snacking - chocolate (which is already added), popcorn (for watching movies?), potato chips, raisins (dried berries, i guess)
Benches - for variety in seating (aside from stools and armchairs), could also relax outside on benches and 'enjoy the scenery'
Tequila - There's already agaves... why not? :D

REMworlder

Since I don't see these:

Independent
-graffiti (could require cleaning afterwards)
-cleaning his/her gun (only certain pawns, especially vatgrown soldiers, and could require table)
-sketching
-sudoku
-getting a tattoo
-tweaking bionic (if has bionic and likes research or prosthophile)

Interactive
-Playing tag
-five-finger fillet (if brawler, or has bionics)
-talking with visitors!
-throwing/kicking a ball

skullywag

If its not been mentioned...card games...poker, blackjack etc. Would be good (obviously harder to implement) if visitors played and gambled with their money (and you yours). I dont want to add minigames so keep it random and pawn level (i.e the player doesnt play) and base outcome factored on social skill and manipulation or something.

Same with dice games.

I want to make a western saloon.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

M

- Boxing for brawlers.
- Prisoners abuse for psychopaths.
- Chatting for abrasive and opposite (fascinating?) pawns.
- Storytelling during campfire chats.
- SEX FOR EVERYONE, not trolling, really... Sex=N1 fun of the world, nothing else to say.

kingtyris

Some more ideas:
Hot tub
Ice cream machine(Maybe needs chocolate to operate?)
Treadmill/workout equipment
Bowling alley
Videogame console(Requires TV, allows multiple pawns to play at once)

daft73

A few more ideas to trip on, pottery, dance party, virtual reality glasses, futbol(soccer, rugby, ect..), meditate, psychiatry, cleaning ???...yes cleaning.  ;)

Argon

kingtyris

QuoteThere are now various kinds of fun. Repeated use of the same kind of fun builds up a tolerance, reducing its impact. Colonists will prefer seek fun sources they are not already tolerant to. Result: it�s beneficial to provide a variety of fun sources.

Huzzah! Tynan you're the best :D

As an idea for recreation, maybe an armed pawn will decide spontaneously to go hunt an animal on the map. Maybe within a certain radius of the home region so a pawn doesn't wander to the other side of the map and suffer a mental break because he doesn't get to a food source in time.

Adamiks

Quote from: Tynan on March 14, 2015, 03:13:03 AM
Build a snowman

Do you wanna build a snowmannn?

+1!!!

I think they should also be happy after simple resting like in bed or something.

Shinzy

daft73

Kegereneku

who say sandman say sandcastle.

I've checked a little, don't seem to have been put before.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

REMworlder

Though jogging's mentioned, an interesting multi-colonist activity could be footraces.

On an unrelated note, some colonists could collect plants and flowers for fun as well.

fla_hotrod

apljee

Bug catching and then display cases could be interesting, or bird watching?