[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muramas

Quote from: - on April 27, 2015, 08:38:31 PM
Also, an actual suggestion: Wood. It's necessary to build a lot of things, no way around, however there are maps lacking trees real bad, which means little to no progress (going through it right now, not nice, I must say).
Allowing us to plant them, for example, would be great indeed!

Vanilla can already plant trees with growing spots, if you can't then you have an old version of a10 and just need to go back to your sendowl's email and redownload a10. The windows version in version.txt in the rimworld folder should say "0.10.785 rev1116".

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Muramas on April 27, 2015, 08:55:32 PM
Vanilla can already plant trees with growing spots, if you can't then you have an old version of a10 and just need to go back to your sendowl's email and redownload a10. The windows version in version.txt in the rimworld folder should say "0.10.785 rev1116".

Yeeeeah... Thanks, I've missed it.
Now...let us pretend we never had this little conversation.

Crimsonknight3

If anyone is interested (I still need some finishing touches) I have made all of the (currently downloadable) Enhanced defence mods (apart from vents) compatible with Superior Crafting, and tried to balance them in the tech tree based on how hard/easy each tech would make the game. For example, the stargates, I have made it so that with every new colony 1 stargate will spawn somewhere on the map and it is your duty to protect it, until you can power it up, and use it. IF it gets destroyed (I am considering lowering its hitpoints by a lot) then you will have to research Crafting, power and constructing IV THEN research the stargate tech in order to build subsequent stargates. I think I'm going to try and go more balancing with the other sections but for the most part, tech tree is out of the way (I added TemperatureI and II but for some reason temperature I is spamming errors at the moment so ill figure it out tomorrow night :) )

Abrexus

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on April 27, 2015, 10:08:13 PM
If anyone is interested (I still need some finishing touches) I have made all of the (currently downloadable) Enhanced defence mods (apart from vents) compatible with Superior Crafting, and tried to balance them in the tech tree based on how hard/easy each tech would make the game. For example, the stargates, I have made it so that with every new colony 1 stargate will spawn somewhere on the map and it is your duty to protect it, until you can power it up, and use it. IF it gets destroyed (I am considering lowering its hitpoints by a lot) then you will have to research Crafting, power and constructing IV THEN research the stargate tech in order to build subsequent stargates. I think I'm going to try and go more balancing with the other sections but for the most part, tech tree is out of the way (I added TemperatureI and II but for some reason temperature I is spamming errors at the moment so ill figure it out tomorrow night :) )

I'd be interested in collaborating with you on that and we can get it posted as an Xpac

Kolljak

Eons mod isnt going to be out until Beta or Release do to the core files changings so much so fast that we cant even get started. we are only collecting art and ideas atm.

however our mod is more on REALISM

if you crashed on a planet with say... a tailor and enginer you know not a hightech lifestyle you would have to start from scratch. we plan on making it last 8 + ingame years till you cap your tech and can leave the planet.

1 thing tho is i think the torches in game should self damage themselves instead of have a day timer till deletion because if maintained a torch can last for a long time. i would love to see Repairing at mainting that torch.

Kolljak

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on April 27, 2015, 10:08:13 PM

I can do minor fix's and minor compatability setups if you would like it sounds easy.

1 question when powered does the stargate sometimes spew out enemies?

theubie

Nice.  Time to try out the Xpac.  (Not to be confused with X-Pac from D-X.)

libra00

Ok, first let me say there's a lot to like about this mod - I really dig the tech tree, I like the fences, I even like the harder crafting of basic stuff (the first bed available requires a random hide - mine was rhino hide, and I've never once seen a rhino in all my time playing the game. :P ) and adding glass was a good idea.  Requiring plasteel, which is hard or impossible to get without end-game trading, for geothermal is not my idea of a good time.  If you want to add your own power source (fusion or whatever) that requires plasteel, great, but geo is available inside of 30 minutes with a good scientist, plasteel is not.

Skyswimsky

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on April 28, 2015, 11:18:06 AM
Can you take a look at the Hospital bed's ?
They need more comfort, even a simple hide bed got more comfort then a hospital bed.
While serveral pawn's on the hospital bed got bad mood i notice this, while the 2 other on hide bed's still are happy.

The vanilla hospital beds also give no comfort.  I may add a small amount of comfort to the ones in the mod, but it is changing from the default values in the game.

Abrexus

Quote from: libra00 on April 28, 2015, 11:37:33 AM
Ok, first let me say there's a lot to like about this mod - I really dig the tech tree, I like the fences, I even like the harder crafting of basic stuff (the first bed available requires a random hide - mine was rhino hide, and I've never once seen a rhino in all my time playing the game. :P ) and adding glass was a good idea.  Requiring plasteel, which is hard or impossible to get without end-game trading, for geothermal is not my idea of a good time.  If you want to add your own power source (fusion or whatever) that requires plasteel, great, but geo is available inside of 30 minutes with a good scientist, plasteel is not.

- FAQ -
Question:  I want to build a furnace, but it wants to make it out of slate blocks and I don't have any and can't make any.
Answer:  If you click on the icon in the build menu, you can select what types of blocks you can build it from.  Sometimes the default selection isn't a type of block you may already have.

The same goes for beds, or anything made out of stuff.  You can make the hide beds out of any hide, but you must have at least 1 in a stockpile before you can make the selection.  This is a vanilla game mechanic.

Abrexus

Quote from: Skyswimsky on April 28, 2015, 12:00:38 PM
I still have no clue of why I got those error messages.

You were only loading the expansion pack and not the core mod.  The expansion requires the core mod also be loaded.  You can use the core mod by itself, but not the expansion.  I am referring to the SCA10Core mod to be clear.

Canute

Quote from: Abrexus on April 28, 2015, 12:13:12 PM
They need more comfort, even a simple hide bed got more comfort then a hospital bed.
While serveral pawn's on the hospital bed got bad mood i notice this, while the 2 other on hide bed's still are happy.

The vanilla hospital beds also give no comfort.  I may add a small amount of comfort to the ones in the mod, but it is changing from the default values in the game.
No need then, just didn't notice that the vanilla hospital bed are so uncomfortable too.
Then people with infection should sleep at their own beds next time.

Diruk

Possible need Fix-ish: Xerigium becomes available at Argi I instead of the Medicine tech.

Savagedingo

Quote from: Canute on April 28, 2015, 12:49:07 PM
Quote from: Abrexus on April 28, 2015, 12:13:12 PM

No need then, just didn't notice that the vanilla hospital bed are so uncomfortable too.
Then people with infection should sleep at their own beds next time.

Isn't the whole point of the Hospital Bed to get cured faster?