[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyswimsky

Quote from: Abrexus on April 28, 2015, 12:17:30 PM
Quote from: Skyswimsky on April 28, 2015, 12:00:38 PM
I still have no clue of why I got those error messages.

You were only loading the expansion pack and not the core mod.  The expansion requires the core mod also be loaded.  You can use the core mod by itself, but not the expansion.  I am referring to the SCA10Core mod to be clear.

Ooohhh, right, that makes a lot of sense, sorry for being dumb. I thought I could choose either of them, with one of them having more stuff in it. Should have realized it myself, thanks for your time c:!

theubie

Quote from: Diruk on April 28, 2015, 03:47:13 PM
Possible need Fix-ish: Xerigium becomes available at Argi I instead of the Medicine tech.

Not able to replicate that directly, however I do know that if you play a game that unlocks certain agricultural options, then quit that colony and start a new one without quitting the whole game, it will leave whatever was unlocked for the new colony.  Perhaps something like that happened to you?

f0xh0und696

is this compatibe with crash landing, if not is there a way to make it so, it would make for a perfect match with this mod.
PLZ

theubie

Quote from: libra00 on April 28, 2015, 11:37:33 AM
Ok, first let me say there's a lot to like about this mod - I really dig the tech tree, I like the fences, I even like the harder crafting of basic stuff (the first bed available requires a random hide - mine was rhino hide, and I've never once seen a rhino in all my time playing the game. :P ) and adding glass was a good idea.  Requiring plasteel, which is hard or impossible to get without end-game trading, for geothermal is not my idea of a good time.  If you want to add your own power source (fusion or whatever) that requires plasteel, great, but geo is available inside of 30 minutes with a good scientist, plasteel is not.

You can make Plasteel with Devilstrand and Steel, so that's also not as much of an issue.

Lionclaw

Just getting back into Rimworld after a long time away. Posting here so I don't forget about this mod at a later date, when I'm familiarized with the game once more.

Really interested.

Abrexus

Quote from: f0xh0und696 on April 28, 2015, 08:06:15 PM
is this compatibe with crash landing, if not is there a way to make it so, it would make for a perfect match with this mod.
PLZ

I reached out to the mod developer about making this available as an Xpac.  I think this would make a great addition to SC!

Muramas

Quote from: Abrexus on April 29, 2015, 03:34:26 AM
Quote from: f0xh0und696 on April 28, 2015, 08:06:15 PM
PLZ

I reached out to the mod developer about making this available as an Xpac.  I think this would make a great addition to SC!

I personally like "Prepare Carefully" better but I think some elements could be integrated such as wreckage.

Telarin

Nuclear generators: I definitely like the concept, but think the idea of free indefinite energy is a balance issue. I propose changing nuclear generators as follows:

1) Remove the need for uranium ore during construction.
2) The reactor is fueled with uranium ore after construction (or alternately, uranium fuel if you want to add a production change to actually produce the enriched fuel necessary for a fission reactor, which I think would be a fantastic idea).
3) Once per year, the reactor is shut down, and new fuel must be added. This should be more like a construction project than a hopper feed type thing, just to make it reflect how this actually works. During the refueling, the reactor is shut down, so player would need to plan their battery backup strategy accordingly.

Some additional things that could be added:
1) Refuelling produces spent uranium fuel - Excessive handling or prolonged close proximity to this could cause radiation sickness. It could start out as simply "Radiation Exposure" on the health tab, and then progress up to "Radiation Sickness" if the colonists stay in close proximity to the spent fuel for too long.
2) Production chain for producing uranium fuel:
Uranium Ore processed at centrifuge produces Enriched Uranium
Enriched Uranium and Sand are combined at one of the existing crafting tables to produce uranium fuel

Shtuka

Guys, I can't research Power III tech, any special pre-request?

Muramas

Quote from: Shtuka on April 29, 2015, 10:11:49 AM
Guys, I can't research Power III tech, any special pre-request?

Look at the techtree on the first post....

Quote from: Telarin on April 29, 2015, 08:55:58 AM
Nuclear generators: I definitely like the concept, but think the idea of free indefinite energy is a balance issue.

Disagree, up to that point you are fuddling around with solar panels and steam and when you finally get a Nuclear generator you finally can stop messing with power and focus on other tasks. It takes a lot of plasteel /steel so it isn't super easy to build, though I think Uranium needs a huge boost in price.

Also it isn't indefinite energy, my one colony needed three geo + 2 nuclear + a bunch of solar to run it, at least with nuclear you don't need to worry about where to put it.

Absinthe

Absolutely love this pack, but I can't create plasteel bars at the smelting furnace, which is a bit of a deal breaker. Any thoughts on how to fix? The only mods I have installed are the SC-core and SC-xpac1. It's a new world, and a new colony. The only option I have at the furnace is steel bars from steel ore... Stuck at home recovering from an operation and bored stupid, so if anyone could help me out I'd REALLY appreciate it!!!! :D  **EDIT** - should've said, I'm running Alpha10f(285?)

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Telarin on April 29, 2015, 08:55:58 AM
Nuclear generators: I definitely like the concept, but think the idea of free indefinite energy is a balance issue. I propose changing nuclear generators as follows:

1) Remove the need for uranium ore during construction.
2) The reactor is fueled with uranium ore after construction (or alternately, uranium fuel if you want to add a production change to actually produce the enriched fuel necessary for a fission reactor, which I think would be a fantastic idea).
3) Once per year, the reactor is shut down, and new fuel must be added. This should be more like a construction project than a hopper feed type thing, just to make it reflect how this actually works. During the refueling, the reactor is shut down, so player would need to plan their battery backup strategy accordingly.

Some additional things that could be added:
1) Refuelling produces spent uranium fuel - Excessive handling or prolonged close proximity to this could cause radiation sickness. It could start out as simply "Radiation Exposure" on the health tab, and then progress up to "Radiation Sickness" if the colonists stay in close proximity to the spent fuel for too long.
2) Production chain for producing uranium fuel:
Uranium Ore processed at centrifuge produces Enriched Uranium
Enriched Uranium and Sand are combined at one of the existing crafting tables to produce uranium fuel

I actually like this idea as is makes Battery Backups a necessity rather then a throwaway building once you pass Solar Tech.
For now though, stick with #2 until we find a way to get pawns to replace entire wardrobes before entering a room (think Aluminium Hazmat).

Ninefinger

Quote from: Absinthe on April 29, 2015, 11:55:02 AM
Absolutely love this pack, but I can't create plasteel bars at the smelting furnace, which is a bit of a deal breaker. Any thoughts on how to fix? The only mods I have installed are the SC-core and SC-xpac1. It's a new world, and a new colony. The only option I have at the furnace is steel bars from steel ore... Stuck at home recovering from an operation and bored stupid, so if anyone could help me out I'd REALLY appreciate it!!!! :D  **EDIT** - should've said, I'm running Alpha10f(285?)

You need to unlock the electric smelter it can only be done there, hope your recovery goes well! cheers! :D 

Kollamma

A few problems i've seen so far that may need fixing/tweaking.

- If a project doesnt have the TOTAL amount of resources required to build it available, colonists wont even attempt to build it. So for example I had a turret blueprint down and a few ceiling lamps down. Colonists KEPT building the lamps first, and I couldnt prioritise them to take the bars to the turret, because I didnt have the 250 available.

- Colonists wont haul blocks out of the way to build the new stuff. They happily moved things to make wooden walls and beds etc, but the new wooden doors, ceiling lamps, hideskin beds etc - had to manually order them to move the chunks out of the way.

- Power III? I checked the tech tree, it simply IS NOT showing up.

Otherwise LOVE the mod, so much more depth!

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Kollamma on April 29, 2015, 09:33:25 PM
A few problems i've seen so far that may need fixing/tweaking.

- If a project doesnt have the TOTAL amount of resources required to build it available, colonists wont even attempt to build it. So for example I had a turret blueprint down and a few ceiling lamps down. Colonists KEPT building the lamps first, and I couldnt prioritise them to take the bars to the turret, because I didnt have the 250 available.
I experience this as well all the time, quite annoying. Don't know if it is SC actually doing it since I see this happening on vanilla fairly frequently, VERY hit-n-miss.

- Colonists wont haul blocks out of the way to build the new stuff. They happily moved things to make wooden walls and beds etc, but the new wooden doors, ceiling lamps, hideskin beds etc - had to manually order them to move the chunks out of the way.
This isnt a SC issue as I have no problems at all with them building ANYTHING with chunks in the way, they may not actually haul them to a dumping pile but they still move them out of the way for me.

- Power III? I checked the tech tree, it simply IS NOT showing up.

Otherwise LOVE the mod, so much more depth!

Certain high-end tech levels have other requirements to be met before they appear (here i believe its construction and crafting III)