[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

kaziok

hello I have a problem with the mod pack .
After selecting a planet when I go to select where the colony appears to me the error :
" Rimworld Exception filling window for RimWorld.page_selectlandingsite System ArgumentOutOfRangeException The argument is out of range Parameter name: Index"
Select button is inactive :/
Whoever will fix it or tell that mod is responsible for that ?
Without mods there is no problem .
Several times also removed the folder Rimworld from AppData .
Help.

sidfu

Quote from: kaziok on April 09, 2016, 03:01:32 PM
hello I have a problem with the mod pack .
After selecting a planet when I go to select where the colony appears to me the error :
" Rimworld Exception filling window for RimWorld.page_selectlandingsite System ArgumentOutOfRangeException The argument is out of range Parameter name: Index"
Select button is inactive :/
Whoever will fix it or tell that mod is responsible for that ?
Without mods there is no problem .
Several times also removed the folder Rimworld from AppData .
Help.

read the title this is made for version 12d not version 13. if u on 12d u probaly insstalled something wrong as im useing the last updated git version before a13 came oout

ItzADeadShot

Hi I could really use help on how to install and make the modpack work. Was slightly confused with the downloading steps

kodapa

Quote from: ItzADeadShot on April 09, 2016, 06:23:16 PM
Hi I could really use help on how to install and make the modpack work. Was slightly confused with the downloading steps

Click on "Download latest test version on Github!" and then click on the button "Download ZIP". Unzip the "Mods" folder inside your rimworld's folder and copy "ModsConfig.xml" to C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config.

Zakhad

On the github I'm seeing changes to A13 but also A12 So is the github version for A12 or A13? I'm confused.

Polok432

When this will come for A13?
Thank you.

BlackSmokeDMax

Hi all, having a problem with Hardcore SK. What is happening is during game start, my colonists never drop from the sky. I have let the game run for over 6 hours to see if there was just some weird delay happening. No such luck. Just stays stuck at the very beginning of the game. Note: I don't ever see the introductory flavor text window.. saying "you have landed on the surface blah blah blah" I do see some of the starting materials (wood, steel but not food, medicine, weapons, etc.) on the ground, and I can WASD around the map, but cannot use the mouse to interact with any part of the game (even the interface.) Also can not get to the menus to quit or do anything. I have to alt-tab out of the game and "End Task" the game to quit at this point.

I'm thinking with looking at the text near the end of output_log.txt file that it may be due to running a custom save folder. I could not look at that file after letting the game run the one time for 6 hours as that file had generated up to 3GB in size and nothing could open it without erroring out.

I am seeing this issue with both Hardcore SK 2.4d and 2.5a, using Alpha12d.

Here is how my directory structure is setup:
D:\Games
     \RimWorld
        \RimWorldAlpha12d
            \RimWorld914Win
            \RimWorldA12dSaves
        \RimworldAlpha13
            \RimWorld1135Win
            \RimWorldA13Saves

Running in vanilla with no mods, I have no problems. Also, before setting up custom save folders I had no issues either.

When installing Alpha13, I also started using the custom save folders. With separate folders it seems unlikely having Alpha13 installed as well is the problem, but figured I'd also include that info just in case that is the problem.

I have completely deleted and re-installed the game and mods twice with no results.

I have also double and triple checked that all files in config were gone before starting the game, while moving the new version of modsconfig.xml into that folder.

I do launch the game once, go into the mods selection screen and then quit back to windows and restart before creating a world.

I also checked by using vanilla that my custom save folders were being used correctly in that starting a game was putting all of the files correctly into my custom data structure and nothing was being created over in the original \users\username\appadata\locallow\ludeon studios\RimWorld folder.

Any help would be highly appreciated!!

Jayman

I've been enjoying this modpack and would like to say thanks!

I saw that there was an update to the base game and would require lots of updates to most of the mods.  I have a few suggestions that might be worth taking a look at now since the mods would have to be recompiled anyways.

• Crafting swords, maces (and similar medieval weapons/armor).
    I find it a little odd that it requires power (Smithing Bench, Crafting III) to make these weapons when swords/maces have been made a lot earlier than the first electrical appliance was invented.  Maybe some kind basic of smithing structure (forge/anvil) possibly having weapon/armor tiers gated by research.  The early research paths after basic defense include a lot of ranged weapons/turrets that are hard to get materials for early.  Maybe some early basic weaponry/armor research would fit in nicely there.
  • Hunting.
    Hunting with a ranged weapon seems more difficult than it should be.  The colonist will go to long range and then fire away resulting in many missed shots and an extremely inefficient hunting routine, sometimes even never getting any hits at all.  A solution is to manually draft the colonist and move in closer, but this has to be done every time something is being hunted at range.  The drafting solution may even make hunting too easy since animals don't really run away or act hostile while getting shot at.  It also seems that the bow/crossbow class of weaponry is more effective at hunting than the guns.  I'm not sure if this is due to them having different mechanics and set of stats or not.

• Early catch 22 with "spare parts" and "mechanism" and alloy.
    I know that you start with enough materials to progress throughout the game if you use them a certain way and in a certain order, but the construction path is rather forced and if you misuse or lose enough of either spare parts, mechanism and alloy, then you are stuck in a dead end situation where you have to restart.  The Hand Assembling Workbench which is the earliest structure that can make parts/mechanisms, requires spare parts and mechanisms to make as well as solid alloy (steel/cast-iron/etc).  At the workbench, the recipe for spare parts requires 30 of any solid alloy which is made at a furnace.  The furnace requires spare parts and mechanisms as well as stone blocks, which are made at a machining table.  The machining table requires spare parts and mechanisms as well as planks or solid alloy.  The planks are made at sawmill which requires spares parts and logs.  These basic production structures all require some combination of materials that all can't be created without having the very materials those structures were intended to produce.  Another possible way of getting the missing items to progress is through trade, but alas, the trade beacon requires spare parts and mechanisms to make which still puts you at a dead end.  I think changing some of the requirements so that you can have a clear path forward if you had nothing but logs/ore/stone-chunks even if you add more steps or research gates.  If that is not feasible, then maybe having the game check for your spare parts/mechanisms/alloy/production situation and then drop in parts of some random ships as an event to get you going.

knainoa

Hi! I sent three of my colonists to help some lady whos sister needed to be freed from slavers, and I forgot to read how long it takes. It's been about 20ish days without my three colonists. Is this normal? When will they return? Or did the game just eat my colonists

Sxmbra

Hola soy español y sigo este ModPACK desde el inicio, lo veo imprescindible, por las texturas, colores y complejidad. Espero la adaptación al A13. Nota: Soy nuevo en esto, pero puedo traducir textos al español para darle mayor alcance al PACK. SI os sirve. Un saludo. ;)

''Traducir

Hola soy español y sigo este ModPACK desde el inicio, lo veo imprescindible, por las texturas, colores y complejidad. Espero la adaptación al A13. Nota: Soy nuevo en esto, pero puedo traducir textos al español para darle mayor alcance al PACK. SI os sirve. Un saludo. ;)

Hello I am Spanish and I continue this ModPack from the start, I see essential, textures, colors and complexity. I hope A13 adaptation. Note: I am new at this, but I can translate texts into Spanish to give greater scope to PACK. IF you served. A greeting. ;) ''

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on April 10, 2016, 01:57:15 PM
Hi all, having a problem with Hardcore SK. What is happening is during game start, my colonists never drop from the sky. I have let the game run for over 6 hours to see if there was just some weird delay happening. No such luck. Just stays stuck at the very beginning of the game. Note: I don't ever see the introductory flavor text window.. saying "you have landed on the surface blah blah blah" I do see some of the starting materials (wood, steel but not food, medicine, weapons, etc.) on the ground, and I can WASD around the map, but cannot use the mouse to interact with any part of the game (even the interface.) Also can not get to the menus to quit or do anything. I have to alt-tab out of the game and "End Task" the game to quit at this point.

I'm thinking with looking at the text near the end of output_log.txt file that it may be due to running a custom save folder. I could not look at that file after letting the game run the one time for 6 hours as that file had generated up to 3GB in size and nothing could open it without erroring out.

\RimWorld
        \RimWorldAlpha12d
            \RimWorld914Win
            \RimWorldA12dSaves
        \RimworldAlpha13
            \RimWorld1135Win
            \RimWorldA13Saves

Running in vanilla with no mods, I have no problems. Also, before setting up custom save folders I had no issues either.

When installing Alpha13, I also started using the custom save folders. With separate folders it seems unlikely having Alpha13 installed as well is the problem, but figured I'd also include that info just in case that is the problem.

I have completely deleted and re-installed the game and mods twice with no results.

I have also double and triple checked that all files in config were gone before starting the game, while moving the new version of modsconfig.xml into that folder.

I do launch the game once, go into the mods selection screen and then quit back to windows and restart before creating a world.

I also checked by using vanilla that my custom save folders were being used correctly in that starting a game was putting all of the files correctly into my custom data structure and nothing was being created over in the original \users\username\appadata\locallow\ludeon studios\RimWorld folder.

Forgot to add: I do not change any of the mods or mod order from the way the modpack is when freshly installed.

roy2x

Quote from: knainoa on April 10, 2016, 04:21:49 PM
Hi! I sent three of my colonists to help some lady whos sister needed to be freed from slavers, and I forgot to read how long it takes. It's been about 20ish days without my three colonists. Is this normal? When will they return? Or did the game just eat my colonists
I also had this problem before. It happens when I send my colonists on a mission, save and then load before the mission finishes. The game just forgets about the mission and the colonist ends up missing.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on April 11, 2016, 08:47:47 AM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on April 10, 2016, 01:57:15 PM

\RimWorld
        \RimWorldAlpha12d
            \RimWorld914Win
            \RimWorldA12dSaves
        \RimworldAlpha13
            \RimWorld1135Win
            \RimWorldA13Saves

Forgot to add: I do not change any of the mods or mod order from the way the modpack is when freshly installed.

So, I got it running, and my initial guess seems to have been correct. I had to have the install with the stock save location. Knew I should have tried that earlier!

Now, my only question is, is there a way to have this setup with custom save folders that I am just missing?

Kadrush

Guys, i saw a test version of a day ago with 136 changes, most of them adding new diseases to an a12 mod probably from the a13 game. Anyway, i would like to ask, how is the code for  carnivorous domestic animals, are they still starving and eating butchered corpses mainly?

drbln

Hi!

Thank you for the mod pack.
When could we expect the update for A13?