Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• August 18, 2019, 02:04:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 456

Author Topic: [1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise  (Read 1745288 times)

zenfur

• Colonist
  • Shark-chan
    • View Profile
Re: [A11d] [MODPACK] Hardcore SK global project 1.12a: Sky-High (21/08/15)
« Reply #840 on: August 26, 2015, 12:56:03 PM »

I believe some tinkering needs to be done to the sand numbers. All my mined areas are already devoid of stone chunks and the oil rigs produce so little sand it's neglegible. I build underground! I can't even imagine it be sustainable to build outside...

I buy 5k from the trader and it's not enough for concrete+microchips+glass and my base isn't even big enough.

Glass making eats too much sand already. Reinforced concrete eats even more. I'd say, making stone blocks from stone chunks should yield more sand or just reduce the sand consumption.

Can't collect sand in my biome sadly. It's all snow.

Couldn't agree more. Sand is very lacking resource. Also 70 sand per 2 electronic chips... Cmon. Probably sand could be treated similar to clay - stack of 1000 and according increased yield with little of tweaking the recipes.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 26, 2015, 05:29:54 PM »

I believe some tinkering needs to be done to the sand numbers. All my mined areas are already devoid of stone chunks and the oil rigs produce so little sand it's neglegible. I build underground! I can't even imagine it be sustainable to build outside...

I buy 5k from the trader and it's not enough for concrete+microchips+glass and my base isn't even big enough.

Glass making eats too much sand already. Reinforced concrete eats even more. I'd say, making stone blocks from stone chunks should yield more sand or just reduce the sand consumption.

Can't collect sand in my biome sadly. It's all snow.

Couldn't agree more. Sand is very lacking resource. Also 70 sand per 2 electronic chips... Cmon. Probably sand could be treated similar to clay - stack of 1000 and according increased yield with little of tweaking the recipes.

and then there was the time I hit a sand shortage in the middle of the desert. 

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 27, 2015, 06:36:45 AM »

Updated to 12c

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:06:04 PM by skyarkhangel »

zenfur

• Colonist
  • Shark-chan
    • View Profile
Re: [A12c] [MODPACK] Hardcore SK global project 2.0a: Domination (27/08/15)
« Reply #843 on: August 27, 2015, 08:58:17 AM »

With this update you didn't update all the mods that were in 11d?
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 27, 2015, 09:52:36 AM »

With this update you didn't update all the mods that were in 11d?

can't to update all mods. It hard to update from a11 to a12 mods, which it has own user interface. in some places, its necessary to completely rewrite dialog menu's. And some mod's without source, so.. only author can update them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:56:13 AM by skyarkhangel »

notfood

• Invited Modder
  • Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 27, 2015, 10:10:04 AM »

Can we get a list of the mods that didn't make it?

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 27, 2015, 03:09:10 PM »

Can we get a list of the mods that didn't make it?
Double. Maybe it's better to stick with A11 for a while?

halcyforn

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 27, 2015, 04:38:50 PM »

i find small problem in this last version what make game unplayable in frozen climate, can you change campfire to use logs. in climate when the highest temperature is - 20 its imposible to get anything my people die until i build something.

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 27, 2015, 04:50:17 PM »

About differences. Maybe this comparsion of modconfig can be helpful. Sure it's not 100% correct as some mods could be reshuffled, but for example I couldn't find bulk food maker in the 2.0a.

[attachment deleted due to age]

notfood

• Invited Modder
  • Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 27, 2015, 04:55:42 PM »

i find small problem in this last version what make game unplayable in frozen climate, can you change campfire to use logs. in climate when the highest temperature is - 20 its imposible to get anything my people die until i build something.

I started in -40C. Best way to survive is just to find the closest natural building, deconstruct a wall to make an entrance, haul your wood, medicine and some food inside, and lock yourself inside with wooden log walls  until you have your hand sawmill. Make some kindling, make the campfire. Afterwards, play with restriction zones and deconstructing the wooden log wall avoiding frostbite. Haul some stone chunks, haul some slag if there is any and get yourself started.

If you start with prepare carefully, just bring a couple of spare parts to place a door between the outside, you and your mine.

I had the tools for jobs removed, I suppose it's just a matter of equipping a hammer before holeing yourself up.

It takes them some time to get frostbite anyway.

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 27, 2015, 05:00:20 PM »

About differences. Maybe this comparsion of modconfig can be helpful. Sure it's not 100% correct as some mods could be reshuffled, but for example I couldn't find bulk food maker in the 2.0a.

All mods that included, in first post. Yep, bulk food not updated yet. No source.

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 27, 2015, 05:15:11 PM »

All mods that included, in first post. Yep, bulk food not updated yet. No source.
Hmm... I'm far from modding Rimworld, but what's the big difference between bulkfood and any other food making? Buildings and recipies are looks like in xml files. The only dll is BeanTekAlert_NeedMealSource.dll and it's name say it's just alert, so can be removed.

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 27, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »

Soon will be added stone furnace in the start of the game. Previous one, not worked correctly. But Isistoy help with it. He create new "CompHeatPusherFeed" thingclass

Alex.QTK

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 27, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »

First of all, you have done an amazing job with this mod pack Sky, it's easily my favorite mod compilation. Aside from the usual "Why is mod xyz not in the new update!?", there are a couple of things that are pretty weird. For instance, the new research tree, specifically the new 3 research projects ("Air circulation", "Temperature control" and "Gun turret cooling") that are available from the start really make no sense whatsoever. They don't unlock any new research and I don't see the reason for which they are available from the start.

Also, can I have your permission to modify some of the tooltips/descriptions so that they provide more relevant information? For example, information about the research projects that are unlocked if you research that specific project or how much power a specific plant generates, how much fuel it needs and so on.  Double also, where is the battery texture stored? Thanks in advance. :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:22:20 PM by Alex.QTK »

Nanako

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 27, 2015, 07:44:05 PM »

I think the lategame comes down to too much grinding for several specific items:

Electronic Chips
Synthetic Materials
Steel Parts

These are too slow to make, but required in too high quantity, and it really drags things down. In my last game i ended up making a huge fortune from years upon years of raiders before i really felt i was at the endgame.

I really would like to see the required number of synthetic materials reduced a bit, and microchips made easier to craft (less sand and metal please!)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 456