[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Uglyr

Is there any way to make pawn to not reconsider players orders? I have desiganted two areas for mining: one in the base (ore) and other far away (coal). I right-click on far away base and pawn start to move there. At one third of the way it decide to mine near base and go back. I click again. After half a way it again desire to go back and I again have to order go to far. Not gamebreaking, but irritating.

zenfur

the only way I know is via restrictions. Create area around where he needs to mine and restrict him to that area till you need him. Probably it's a good idea to bring him some food and make bed there so he could stay there till he's finished.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

isistoy

Quote from: Uglyr on August 24, 2015, 06:08:19 PM
Is there any way to make pawn to not reconsider players orders? I have desiganted two areas for mining: one in the base (ore) and other far away (coal). I right-click on far away base and pawn start to move there. At one third of the way it decide to mine near base and go back. I click again. After half a way it again desire to go back and I again have to order go to far. Not gamebreaking, but irritating.

Your problem is probably coming from some job code/setup. Possibly mod related, but can't say much...
Any logs in debug log window?
Did you try and get the same problem without mods?
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Uglyr

Quote from: zenfur on August 24, 2015, 09:10:37 PM
the only way I know is via restrictions. Create area around where he needs to mine and restrict him to that area till you need him. Probably it's a good idea to bring him some food and make bed there so he could stay there till he's finished.
Thanks for idea about zones! As for other - not my case. It's start of the game and very cold outside so he have time just to move, mine one tile and return with mined coal before getting too much hypotermia ("Mission Impossible 12"  ;D ). So coming back make him lose precious time and bodyheat.

Uglyr

Quote from: isistoy on August 25, 2015, 02:37:03 PM
Your problem is probably coming from some job code/setup. Possibly mod related, but can't say much...
Any logs in debug log window?
Did you try and get the same problem without mods?
Sure I use Hardcore SK 1.12a with hotfix and Anti-Tools by skyarkhangel. If you mean any other mod - then no. No errors on loading.

As for playing without mods - I tried and couldn't play more than 15 minutes.

skyarkhangel

I have some problems with updating.. without official update for Mechanical Defence. In A12 changed designationdefs, which results to the complete disappearance buttons "collect sand" and  fill with sand. I tryed to recompile MD for myself, it works, but without buttons  >:(

And that is why I dont make "the test version". Because i know the remaining problems for myself.

notfood

I believe some tinkering needs to be done to the sand numbers. All my mined areas are already devoid of stone chunks and the oil rigs produce so little sand it's neglegible. I build underground! I can't even imagine it be sustainable to build outside...

I buy 5k from the trader and it's not enough for concrete+microchips+glass and my base isn't even big enough.

Glass making eats too much sand already. Reinforced concrete eats even more. I'd say, making stone blocks from stone chunks should yield more sand or just reduce the sand consumption.

Can't collect sand in my biome sadly. It's all snow.

zenfur

Quote from: notfood on August 26, 2015, 11:08:26 AM
I believe some tinkering needs to be done to the sand numbers. All my mined areas are already devoid of stone chunks and the oil rigs produce so little sand it's neglegible. I build underground! I can't even imagine it be sustainable to build outside...

I buy 5k from the trader and it's not enough for concrete+microchips+glass and my base isn't even big enough.

Glass making eats too much sand already. Reinforced concrete eats even more. I'd say, making stone blocks from stone chunks should yield more sand or just reduce the sand consumption.

Couldn't agree more. Sand is very lacking resource. Also 70 sand per 2 electronic chips... Cmon. Probably sand could be treated similar to clay - stack of 1000 and according increased yield with little of tweaking the recipes.

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

Quote from: zenfur on August 26, 2015, 12:56:03 PM
Quote from: notfood on August 26, 2015, 11:08:26 AM

Couldn't agree more. Sand is very lacking resource. Also 70 sand per 2 electronic chips... Cmon. Probably sand could be treated similar to clay - stack of 1000 and according increased yield with little of tweaking the recipes.

and then there was the time I hit a sand shortage in the middle of the desert. 

skyarkhangel

Updated to 12c

zenfur

With this update you didn't update all the mods that were in 11d?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: zenfur on August 27, 2015, 08:58:17 AM
With this update you didn't update all the mods that were in 11d?

can't to update all mods. It hard to update from a11 to a12 mods, which it has own user interface. in some places, its necessary to completely rewrite dialog menu's. And some mod's without source, so.. only author can update them.

notfood

Uglyr

Quote from: notfood on August 27, 2015, 10:10:04 AM
Can we get a list of the mods that didn't make it?
Double. Maybe it's better to stick with A11 for a while?

halcyforn

i find small problem in this last version what make game unplayable in frozen climate, can you change campfire to use logs. in climate when the highest temperature is - 20 its imposible to get anything my people die until i build something.