[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

MightyGooga

Quote from: Masquerine on December 25, 2015, 09:21:07 PM
Quote from: gustavoghe on December 25, 2015, 08:34:14 PM
Goodstuff!

Is a pitty with the sandbag bug. But hey, We will get there right?

This may sound like a noob question, and maybe it is, but is there a way to see a message log that im unaware of?

Yes there is. Go to Menu>Game Options. Click on Development mode. This will give you 8 little white icons near the top right of your screen. In order from left to right, these are Debug log, Package editor, Debug visuals, Debug action menu, Debug logging menu, Inspector, God mode and Pause when error is logged (toggle). The debug log will show you the error log, like the picture I'm going to attach of one I just encountered.

The shelf from Architect>Accessories>Shelf, which requires it to be beside a wall has an error with it. When you click on the shelf after it is placed, the game goes crazy colors until you click off of it. Attached picture shows the error.

Hey Masq, thanks for the answer, it was helpfull. But I was refering to the events log, i cant seem to find that. Havy any clues?

MightyGooga

Quote from: Stufferino on December 26, 2015, 07:10:41 AM
Hey. Just popping in to say I love this mod pack, and good job on it!
To everyone about the cover issue, I found this and after a bunch of tinkering figured it out; in the Core_SK defs folder, in Races_Humanlike.xml, for some reason humans' <baseBodySize> was set to 0.61 (or something). I noticed this because when I checked the to-hit chance against a colonist, the body size factor was around 60% weirdly.

The reason you can't shoot over sandbags is because sandbags have a fill of 0.70, meaning it's bigger than a human.
Make it back into "<baseBodySize>1</baseBodySize>" (Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Races_Humanlike.xml) and this will fix the problem.

Edit: This also applies to Novas and Narns, so change them all if you so desire.

Stufferino,

So should i put 1 in the sandbag def, or should i put 0.7 in the humandef file? It was confusing, can you explain it again please?

twisted067

Does anyone know how to make the embrasures not waist high, so it can be used as a wall? Should just be able to edit a .xml for this right? Thanks!

Masquerine

Quote from: twisted067 on December 26, 2015, 04:39:44 PM
Does anyone know how to make the embrasures not waist high, so it can be used as a wall? Should just be able to edit a .xml for this right? Thanks!

Yup. It'll be easier to read in a notepad program that supports coding, like notepad++. That way things like <texthere> get displayed in different colors, making reading the file super easy. The file you're looking for should be in hardcore-sk/mods/core_sk/def/thingdefs/buildings_security_sk.xml. This file has all of the security-related things like sandbags, parapets, embrasures. Walls have a <fillPercent> of 1, <altitudeLayer>BuildingTall, <passability>Impassable . Embrasures are <fillPercent> 0.8,<passability>PassThroughOnly, <altitudeLayer>Waist.

From what I understand, fillpercent is how solid the thing is, with 1 being 100% solid. Altitudelayer is how tall the thing is. Wall are buildingtall, which lets them support a roof. Passability is whether people can walk through the thing. Walls are impassable so you can't walk through it, but embrasures you can.

The real fix seems to be what Stufferino suggested, by changing the basebodysize of human types (narn, nova, human, ect) from .61 to 1. This will make them larger than things like the embrasure and sandbags so that they can shoot over them like they previously could.

twisted067

Thank you so much, i got the embrasures how I want them now!

sebas79

hello,
in the mod-list i count over 100 mods but in the latest verion (2.4c) i only have 50 mods.
do i something wrong?

TLHeart

Quote from: sebas79 on December 27, 2015, 04:32:21 AM
hello,
in the mod-list i count over 100 mods but in the latest verion (2.4c) i only have 50 mods.
do i something wrong?

no, many of the mods are merged into a central file for compatibility.

Masquerine

Quote from: TLHeart on December 27, 2015, 12:09:41 PM
Quote from: sebas79 on December 27, 2015, 04:32:21 AM
hello,
do i something wrong?

no, many of the mods are merged into a central file for compatibility.

This is correct. Many mods are merged into one to avoid conflicts, and to make editing easier by grouping similar things together. Every time you update with a new version of HSK, you should also be replacing the modsconfig.xml file in your user file. Modsconfig.xml for HSK is in the /mods folder at the very bottom. It needs to get copied or moved to a different location in order to Rimworld to detect it so that your mod list in game is automatically sorted.
This will help prevent errors or references from an old modsconfig.xml that no longer exist, as well as possible mod ordering rearrangements.

By default the appdata folder is hidden, so you may have to do a search for it/enable hidden folders. You user file can be found here: (copying this from the first page of this thread):
2. Go to: 
For Windows users:
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config
or alternatively: windows button + R -> the Run dialog will appear
type %APPDATA%\..\LocalLow -> this will open the appdata folder
For Linux users:
/home/your user name/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
For Mac users:
/Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config
Delete all the files that exist in that folder.
And copy new "ModsConfig.xml", which at the root of the archive modpack.
3. Copy other mods into Rimworld Mods directory.
4. Check mods in the game. Play!

sebas79

thank for the info.
going to like this modpack more and more.

MightyGooga

Im really having harda time with the new mining system. I am still not able to find a place to drill. Can anyone post a picture of a suitable place for drilling please?

Masquerine

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 27, 2015, 12:50:16 PM
Im really having harda time with the new mining system. I am still not able to find a place to drill. Can anyone post a picture of a suitable place for drilling please?
The drilling rig is now used to make an oil fissure, by placing the rig on a deposit of oil. Mine extractors (advanced and basic) can be placed directly on hidden deposits of minerals (rare or normal). In order to find these deposits, you need to build a mineral scanner sonar. The sonar will scan a wide area nearby, and when it detects a deposit it'll show up as a green dot (if you have the sonar currently selected you can see it's scanning pulses). The deposit will then also be click-able in game, though it may be hard to see the spot without looking at the sonar's dot location. I had a post about all this at the start of page 100 on this thread. There's a picture there that shows this stuff a bit.

I gotta run now so I can't be of any more help then this atm.

twisted067

7nationarmy

I can't place a drilling rig anywhere in the map (I've tried moving the thing all over my map) and got this text "you cannot place that here". Perhaps anyone here know the solution? Btw, this mods pack is hard core indeed :)

karloss99

Quote from: 7nationarmy on December 28, 2015, 06:15:02 AM
I can't place a drilling rig anywhere in the map (I've tried moving the thing all over my map) and got this text "you cannot place that here". Perhaps anyone here know the solution? Btw, this mods pack is hard core indeed :)

Second post before yours. Same question. Read answer. Next time, read last page or two before asking. Saves a lot of time.

nightarix

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 26, 2015, 02:10:30 PM
Stufferino,

So should i put 1 in the sandbag def, or should i put 0.7 in the humandef file? It was confusing, can you explain it again please?

from the sound of his post i'd guess the solution is to change the humandef's "basebodysize" entry from .6 to 1