[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

twisted067

Masquerine

Quote from: Jaszczur on December 28, 2015, 12:28:47 PM
How to get clay bricks?

Gather soft clay using Architect>Orders>Collect clay. You can do this on shallow water or mud tiles. Once you have some soft clay, bake it into bricks at the Electric Smelter (Architect>Hi-tech>Electric Smelter, then Add bill>Bake clay bricks. Takes 15 soft clay to make 5 clay bricks.

Quote from: twisted067 on December 28, 2015, 10:55:09 AM
Quote from: twisted067 on December 27, 2015, 09:41:16 PM
Do things deteriorate and food go bad in nano storage?

Does anyone know if this happens?
It looks like things do not deteriorate while in a nano storage, even when the top item is exposed outside (deterioration via exposure). Items that are sensitive to temperature, like foods can spoil but only if it is the topmost item. For example, I made a nano storage outside that had some jerky inside of it and medicine was the top item. The medicine did not decay at all. When I cycled to the jerky after a day or two, the jerky said not refrigerated (spoils in 30 days). So while the jerky was buried in the nano storage the jerky did not attempt to expire. It as still 50/50 hp and as fresh as the day it was put in.

twisted067

Quote from: Masquerine on December 28, 2015, 02:44:29 PM
Quote from: Jaszczur on December 28, 2015, 12:28:47 PM
How to get clay bricks?

Gather soft clay using Architect>Orders>Collect clay. You can do this on shallow water or mud tiles. Once you have some soft clay, bake it into bricks at the Electric Smelter (Architect>Hi-tech>Electric Smelter, then Add bill>Bake clay bricks. Takes 15 soft clay to make 5 clay bricks.

Quote from: twisted067 on December 28, 2015, 10:55:09 AM
Quote from: twisted067 on December 27, 2015, 09:41:16 PM
Do things deteriorate and food go bad in nano storage?

Does anyone know if this happens?
It looks like things do not deteriorate while in a nano storage, even when the top item is exposed outside (deterioration via exposure). Items that are sensitive to temperature, like foods can spoil but only if it is the topmost item. For example, I made a nano storage outside that had some jerky inside of it and medicine was the top item. The medicine did not decay at all. When I cycled to the jerky after a day or two, the jerky said not refrigerated (spoils in 30 days). So while the jerky was buried in the nano storage the jerky did not attempt to expire. It as still 50/50 hp and as fresh as the day it was put in.

Thanks!

MightyGooga

Hey guys,

I really need to know if there is a event log, and how can I acess it. I often miss the events message by clicking to fast, and some events are very quick to disappear on the left top side of the screen. So, is there a event log that i can acess some how? Besides, de debug screen.

I also would like to know how to make weed oil, if anyone can point me in the right direction Ill be glad.

twisted067

Anyone know what bench i need to make advanced mechanisms? Thanks

Masquerine

Quote from: twisted067 on December 28, 2015, 06:25:44 PM

The architect>hi-tech>lathe allows you to make advanced mechanisms. This bench is the electric upgrade to the assembly bench. This bench is getting renamed so it'll be more obvious, and to stick with the naming conventions of other benches (sawmill, electric sawmill). It'll also get a better description.

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 28, 2015, 05:03:09 PM
Hey guys,

I really need to know if there is a event log, and how can I acess it. I often miss the events message by clicking to fast, and some events are very quick to disappear on the left top side of the screen. So, is there a event log that i can acess some how? Besides, de debug screen.

I also would like to know how to make weed oil, if anyone can point me in the right direction Ill be glad.

Weed oil and rolling cigarillos/cigars is done at the architect>production>entertainment table. Again it is not a very helpful table name. When I hear entertainment I certainly don't think of rolling cigars. I get what you're referring to as the event log now, totally slipped my mind about that. I don't know where it would be in the files though. Maybe a way to increase the text delay before it fades out. I'll fiddle around and see what happens.

twisted067

Quote from: Masquerine on December 28, 2015, 09:30:53 PM
Quote from: twisted067 on December 28, 2015, 06:25:44 PM

The architect>hi-tech>lathe allows you to make advanced mechanisms. This bench is the electric upgrade to the assembly bench. This bench is getting renamed so it'll be more obvious, and to stick with the naming conventions of other benches (sawmill, electric sawmill). It'll also get a better description.

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 28, 2015, 05:03:09 PM
Hey guys,

Weed oil and rolling cigarillos/cigars is done at the architect>production>entertainment table. Again it is not a very helpful table name. When I hear entertainment I certainly don't think of rolling cigars. I get what you're referring to as the event log now, totally slipped my mind about that. I don't know where it would be in the files though. Maybe a way to increase the text delay before it fades out. I'll fiddle around and see what happens.

Thanks! The Lathe is the last thing I would have tried, you saved me alot of trouble!

Sensanaty

Every single time after naming my colony, about 10 or 15 minutes later, the game crashes and all of my saves become glitched. I get a black screen and a debug screen upon loading. I have all modules except for a few enabled, and I haven't touched it since installing the modpack.

Debug Screen:

The Object Reference keeps rapidly increasing to over tens of thousands of instances.

Disabled Modules:

I'll attach the relevant save and world files (I'm not sure which world file is being used)

Any help would be amazing. Note that I used God mode with Unlimited Power active, cause I wanted to build a big, badass base in the middle of the Tundra. Game is up to date, so is the modpack (2.4c)

EDIT: I also included a few crash reports from different saves, however this has happened dozens of times to me, so I doubt there'll be a substantial difference between all of them.

EDIT 2: I also forgot to mention that there was nothing specific that triggered the crashes, as far as I can see. Sometimes it happened when I was making bills, sometimes when placing walls or carpets, sometimes even when I was idling. The only thing that's consistent is that it happens shortly after naming the colony.

EDIT 3: After looking into the latest crash log, the crashes seem to be memory related, as Rimworld is using >90% of my RAM. So, it's a memory leak, or just a problem with my laptop having too little RAM although I don't see a reason Rimworld would need more than 4 GB of RAM. Doesn't explain why I can't load any of my saves that I made before the crash, though.

[attachment deleted due to age]

cari

Masquerine

Quote from: cari on December 29, 2015, 06:59:10 AM
Anyone know how to cook eggs ? thanks

Unless I missed something while checking, there doesn't appear to be a way to cook eggs or to include them as ingredients in cooking. That can be fixed.

For the crashlog one, it looks like the game is trying to reference something that doesn't exist (maybe it got changed/moved/typo), related to edb interface and a faction. That will be something that Sky had changed, so he'd know more about it. I can try looking at related files to see if I can notice something.
Tried out the savegame/world. First thing I see is an angry logfile and funky black and white texturing. Welp. I don't think I'll be of any help here lol.

As an aside note, I'm reworking the tiers of chairs. From looking at the files, some of the changes that Sky planned are actually being overwritten by the original files (cost, comfort values, ect). On top of that some of the ordering of chairs don't really make sense. Why go from simple stools to padded chairs and then back to simple stools? I'm fixing that. You'll work your way up from simple stools to padded chairs. The better it looks in design the better it'll be. Names and descriptions will help. There won't be 2 dining chairs. All chairs will be able to be combined with workbenches instead of only the most basic of stools (max 1 chair total).

Got it correctly linking chairs with a limit of 1, except that it is currently allowing all 7 types at once as well as allowing nearby benches to share the same chair. Need to figure out an additional restriction for that, whether if such a beast already exists or if I need to make my own. Making progress at least.

[attachment deleted due to age]

MightyGooga

Thanks Masq for the answers :)

I dont know about you guys, but I get tired of micromanaging apparel that my colonists wear. When its hot, they wont drop parkas and go for a more refreshing piece of apparel. I have to drop that for them, and lock it down so they dont try to wear it again.

It would be awsome, if there was a type of furniture, like a cabinet, that colonists would own, and they would have options for diferent seasons.

This lack of feature, kinda break the game for me in temparete biomes, where ou have a more ciclical temperture. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

One idea was to have a more uncomplicated uniform menaging system. The way it is now, with aparrello its very hard to create a summer uniform for all the colonists, and a winter one.

Masquerine

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 29, 2015, 05:57:43 PM
It would be awsome, if there was a type of furniture, like a cabinet, that colonists would own, and they would have options for diferent seasons.

There is actually a couple things you can make to assist in that. Check the architect>furniture>locker, cloth locker and cabinet. They can be assigned ownership to a specific colonist, who can then store a complete set of worn clothing in it. Do this by selecting a colonist, then right clicking on the locker/cabinet and "make X owner", then right click it again and "store cloth set". They'll be naked afterwards of course, storing whatever is was that they were wearing. This allows you to have pre-made sets of clothing that they can quickly swap to whenever you want them to do so.

While it won't change their behavior for grabbing random pieces of clothing to wear (assuming they don't already have something), you can at least control what they get to wear once it's already set. So in your example, having a warm weather clothing set and a cold weather clothing set, with quick swapping via the locker/cabinet.

These items will get better descriptions/names in the next update so you'll know exactly what they are meant to be used for.

I'm glad to be of service. :)

7nationarmy

Quote from: karloss99 on December 28, 2015, 10:01:36 AM
Quote from: 7nationarmy on December 28, 2015, 06:15:02 AM
I can't place a drilling rig anywhere in the map (I've tried moving the thing all over my map) and got this text "you cannot place that here". Perhaps anyone here know the solution? Btw, this mods pack is hard core indeed :)

Second post before yours. Same question. Read answer. Next time, read last page or two before asking. Saves a lot of time.

Oops  :-[ Roger that.