[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

zoranjoza

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 07, 2016, 06:42:26 PM
Without this mod, just with core folder in mods, game starts ok.
But with this mod and everything installed, game wont start.
I did same on my computer, but on my second pc it wont even start...
Here are pic and output_log

Edit: just to say that i left it in "not responding" phase and somehow after ~20 min it enter into game. then when i went to mods i had to wait ~3min. After adding one mod to list of selected mods, then i went close and then i had to wait more then 5min... After that i created map , but it wont show biomes,temperature etc. After that i exit game, now i cant enter it again... Even if i waited 20min.

Masquerine

Quote from: Jarwy on January 08, 2016, 12:57:28 AM
An excellent suggestion. I suppose I shouldn't feel like I'm cheating to speed things up in this situation.
Yup, not cheating when bugs or mistakes happen. Sometimes you have to do little workarounds until the problems can be patched. Its just a part of the modding process in an ever-changing modpack. At least with more people testing and reporting things we'll know what to look for. Its like when I fix existing typos. Sometimes I end up making my own typos during the process, and won't notice until later on when I re-see the item or thing in game that was supposed to have been "fixed".
Quote from: SupremeSoviet on January 07, 2016, 09:52:00 PM
I'm having a few issues with this mod pack.  One is the fact that even though I dled the newest version and the update I seems like I am missing content.  I know that the fallout weapons are not in it.  Additionally I am experiancing severe lag for reasons I don't understant.  I have run far larger mod packs with no issue before, not to mention my ram usage with this game is barely reaching 25% usage.  How can I fix these issues?  Thanks!
Most common and repeated notice about lag seems to be pathing issues, particularly animals and doors. I'll use dogs as an example. If a dog gets hungry and doesn't have access to food, but is allowed path through a door to find some then sometimes it fails to do so and causes massive amounts of lag. Simple fix is to just avoid putting animals where they need to path through doors, else make them automatic doors so they don't have to get stopped by it. That should avoid the sudden crippling lag. Unless something else is causing it, but animals has been the recurring one mentioned.

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 08, 2016, 08:26:57 AM
Quote from: zoranjoza on January 07, 2016, 06:42:26 PM
Without this mod, just with core folder in mods, game starts ok.
But with this mod and everything installed, game wont start.
I did same on my computer, but on my second pc it wont even start...
Here are pic and output_log

Edit: just to say that i left it in "not responding" phase and somehow after ~20 min it enter into game. then when i went to mods i had to wait ~3min. After adding one mod to list of selected mods, then i went close and then i had to wait more then 5min... After that i created map , but it wont show biomes,temperature etc. After that i exit game, now i cant enter it again... Even if i waited 20min.
When you say you added a mod to the list, is that one of the optional mods or did you forget to install the automatic mod order config file? The modpack comes with a modsconfig.xml that needs to get copied over to a different location so that Rimworld can read it, and automatically load the mods in the correct order. This is listed on the first page of this thread, but I'll copy it here. Depending on your operating system:
2. Go to:
For Windows users:
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config
windows button + R -> the Run dialog will appear
type %APPDATA%\..\LocalLow -> this will open the appdata folder
For Linux users:
/home/your user name/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
For Mac users:
/Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config

Once the modsconfig.xml is there the game should startup much more smoothly. My HSK Rimworld takes 1-2 minutes for a startup, with no real delays on menus or starting maps. It will say "program unresponsive" but it loads in anyway. So other than bad load order, I'm not sure why it would take yours 20 minutes to load up. Was HSK installed on an unmodded, vanilla copy of Rimworld?

zoranjoza

Quote from: Masquerine on January 08, 2016, 09:39:10 AM

Once the modsconfig.xml is there the game should startup much more smoothly. My HSK Rimworld takes 1-2 minutes for a startup, with no real delays on menus or starting maps. It will say "program unresponsive" but it loads in anyway. So other than bad load order, I'm not sure why it would take yours 20 minutes to load up. Was HSK installed on an unmodded, vanilla copy of Rimworld?
I downloaded from github latest version with fixes.
I instaled rimworld, then i enter to game so i get "\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld" folder with stuff. After that i download official HCSK modpack from mega link. I'm not some noob, i did 10 times install mod pack. I instaled modpack and then i copy over that modpack , an Github version. Ofc i copy modconfig file to appdata also of github version.
After that i can enter game.
Here is latest log file. I waited 40minutes, when i went back on pc, game-application was terminated...

[attachment deleted due to age]

Masquerine

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 08, 2016, 10:08:49 AM

I downloaded from github latest version with fixes.
I instaled rimworld, then i enter to game so i get "\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld" folder with stuff. After that i download official HCSK modpack from mega link. I'm not some noob, i did 10 times install mod pack. I instaled modpack and then i copy over that modpack , an Github version. Ofc i copy modconfig file to appdata also of github version.
After that i can enter game.
Here is latest log file. I waited 40minutes, when i went back on pc, game-application was terminated...
If you are using the Github version, then you only need that one. You don't need it and the old public release of version D, as they are the same thing. Github is the most up to date version, being the copy we all contribute to on a daily basis. It has bugfixes that the public version does not have. So trying to combine the two versions is why you're having trouble.

Public releases are versions where enough edits have been done on github to suggest everyone to update their game to the next version, so that they get all the changes. Some people are happy to play and wait between releases instead of downloading quick fixes from github. Just depends on the user/existing errors.

zoranjoza

Tnx, but...
I have new testing info.
Fresh rimworld,frash appdata. Downloaded again this Official Modpack. Did same as i did on my pc. And again it wont start. Vanilia works perfect,just to note. Here is log data:

SupremeSoviet

I'm having a few issues with this mod pack.  One is the fact that even though I dled the newest version and the update I seems like I am missing content.  I know that the fallout weapons are not in it.  Additionally I am experiancing severe lag for reasons I don't understant.  I have run far larger mod packs with no issue before, not to mention my ram usage with this game is barely reaching 25% usage.  How can I fix these issues?  Thanks!
Most common and repeated notice about lag seems to be pathing issues, particularly animals and doors. I'll use dogs as an example. If a dog gets hungry and doesn't have access to food, but is allowed path through a door to find some then sometimes it fails to do so and causes massive amounts of lag. Simple fix is to just avoid putting animals where they need to path through doors, else make them automatic doors so they don't have to get stopped by it. That should avoid the sudden crippling lag. Unless something else is causing it, but animals has been the recurring one mentioned.

Well the thing is I litterally just started the game and I have no animals.  I haven't tamed any yet for the simple reason that it simply isn't a prioority yet.

Masquerine

Well the thing is I litterally just started the game and I have no animals.  I haven't tamed any yet for the simple reason that it simply isn't a prioority yet.
I'm trying to reproduce the behavior but I'm not having any luck. Only other thing I can think of if it happens near the start but without owned animals/wild animals trying to get in, then maybe something hidden in an enclosed room wants out but is unable? Like the "ancient danger" types. Could be some kind of an issue with them being active and pathing. I'm not sure. All I can do is start and restart and hopefully I encounter something to give me a better idea.

"Slave" and "space soldier" factions seems to have something wrong them. Opened from an ancient cryptosleep caskets, they have the funny character text. The same text that the fuseboxes had when they were broken. Will have to look into it.

silverskin

Quote from: Masquerine on January 07, 2016, 08:46:57 PM
6) Radiation from uranium: Implant could be a good "upgrade" way to wean off of chemical suits in the later game. That way you can have protection and still wear your power armor and such. The micro-managing of uranium does get tedious.
Robots would be a good way to handle uranium and its radiation.

Although, the conveyor belts can be used to ship it from the drill, to the processor and on to the powerplant without a single colonist having to touch anything.

SupremeSoviet

Quote from: Masquerine on January 08, 2016, 02:36:11 PM
I'm trying to reproduce the behavior but I'm not having any luck. Only other thing I can think of if it happens near the start but without owned animals/wild animals trying to get in, then maybe something hidden in an enclosed room wants out but is unable? Like the "ancient danger" types. Could be some kind of an issue with them being active and pathing. I'm not sure. All I can do is start and restart and hopefully I encounter something to give me a better idea.

"Slave" and "space soldier" factions seems to have something wrong them. Opened from an ancient cryptosleep caskets, they have the funny character text. The same text that the fuseboxes had when they were broken. Will have to look into it.

This may be the issue.  I know that I have some sleepping danger things near by so I have yet to open that building obviously.

Additionally is there any way to tell me why I am missing components from the mod pack?  I know I dled the newest version but I have seen no fallout weapons in the game.  Glitch maybe?

Masquerine

Quote from: SupremeSoviet on January 08, 2016, 05:24:18 PM
Additionally is there any way to tell me why I am missing components from the mod pack?  I know I dled the newest version but I have seen no fallout weapons in the game.  Glitch maybe?
Fallout as in "Project Fallout"? Judging from the first page of the mod listing and that I've never seen any as well, I think Sky only used the textures from it and not the actual weapon defs/weapon names. Sky seems to like real weapon names more than fictional, where possible. They could have simply been renamed, as there is a lot of weapons in HSK. I'll take a look at the original and compare.

From the first page: "Project Fallout (Adds new texture weapons.) by AshbornK9"

Yup, seems like he's only using the textures from it.

MightyGooga

Ok, I got some chikens, then i got a chiken population explosion. Is there a way to prevent eggs from hatching, other than micromanaging the hens and roosters?

Nemesis688

Is there anyway to stop the colonist from using the mending table to exhaustion? When they are working the table they will ignore their needs and the time table. I can micromanage them but it's a bit tedious.

Zaraky

Anyone know a way to reset the interface of many mod so that my colonist who were in a "quest" appear again in all interface. Couple of them doesn't show on top , also some doesn't show in restriction and other tabs which render the micromanagement kinda hard.

zoranjoza

My colonist doesn't drink spectators tea. They just carry it around and then they left it on floor...  Can I fix somehow this?

Ankarius

I've started new colony on a smaller map because big map was too laggy and now I don't have any mineral or oil deposits, I have 5 mobile scanners doing scanning all the time. I scanned whole map already and there are no deposits at all, not even one. Am I missing something or it's a bug and I will have to restart? On my previous colony I had 7 mineral deposits, 3 rare mineral deposits and at least 2 oil deposits and now I have 0. Very strange. It was bigger map but still, there should be at least one of each, without it it's going to be very difficult to progress. I will have to trade for crude oil and minerals.