[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Edgewise

I would like to see some re-balancing of the stats for metals.

Cast-Iron:  In the game, there is no reason to ever make this.  In reality, it is the base metal for most fabrication machinery today because it is very rigid, allowing machines to hold close tolerances repeatably and it's easily worked.  Work stations made from this metal should be as good as or better than other metals.

Copper alloy:  Very good natural anti-bacterial properties.  I'd say immunity gain should be extremely good with this material, much better than any of the other metals excepting those made from silver.  The 'work speed' of work stations made from this should be about on par with wood, maybe a tiny bit better.

Aluminum:  Stronger than steel pound for pound, but not even remotely close to as strong volume vs volume.  A thick aluminum bracket can hold a shelf better and weigh less than a thin steel bracket, but a pinky sized steel cutting tool can turn a 100 KG block of aluminum into tiny aluminum chips and not even get dull if your surface cutting speed is correct.  Aluminum work stations I'd say are mediocre.  It lacks mass to be good as a blunt weapon and is to soft to hold an edge as a blade.  It's extremely easy to work (cuts about 4-10x faster than plain carbon steel depending on the situation) so the 'work to make' I think should be about the same as copper, very very fast to build things from this metal.  Also, it's got very slow deterioration except in the presence of certain chemicals and elements like mercury.

Plain Carbon Steel:  Not as rigid as cast iron, but it won't crack or deform nearly as easily.  Much better in 'shock' impact situations such as being the barrel of a gun or the blade of a sword.  Rust deterioration is a problem.  Good overall rounded properties but high mass.  It's the most common metal in manufacturing that does not require some specific property that steel lacks in.

Alnico:  A very cool material with high resistance to heat, but it's not as strong as stainless steel or high carbon steel.  More importantly, it's a strong permanent magnet.  A magnetic weapon presents all kinds of problems...  Wearing a steel helmet when you go to work on your magnetic Alnico workbench?  I think you see where I'm going with this.  Maybe limit this to a specialized ingredient that can't be made into walls, weapons, work-stations or furniture.

If you're interested, I would like to help come up with some good info on all kinds of metals. I am a machinist who cuts this stuff into machinery parts every day. :)

SirDerpface

Can someone help? I can't research anything and there's an error that says Exception filling window for communitycorelibrary.maintabwindow_research: system.nullreferenceexception:object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Rhyssia

Quote from: SirDerpface on March 31, 2016, 06:29:31 AM
Can someone help? I can't research anything and there's an error that says Exception filling window for communitycorelibrary.maintabwindow_research: system.nullreferenceexception:object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Try redownloading the mod, and move everything over. remove your normal mods/core folder first.

On an unrelated note harvested a bunch of strawberries I had planted then realized I needed to uh research them before I could plant them? However that is supposed to work, it doesn't seem to.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Kadrush

Guys, please, i am going to insist.

Fix the faction warfare, when the game says one faction VS another, it doenst means all factions against the player. Makes no sense mechanoid attacks in support of tribal raid with an extra of a nova corp siege.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Kadrush on March 31, 2016, 11:58:28 PM

Fix the faction warfare, when the game says one faction VS another, it doenst means all factions against the player. Makes no sense mechanoid attacks in support of tribal raid with an extra of a nova corp siege.

Except they do not all work vs you, they are all fighting with your base as the centre, hell I have had raids of tribals preparing to attack and a second raid come sin behind them and they slaughter each other, had a massive Orion raid sapping me only to have half a dozen Skynet plow into them from behind.
If the Factions are hostile they will fight, all you need to do is play this off against each other.

Rhyssia

So tried loading in a colony where they had power armor with the shielding in at start and got an "object reference not set to an instance error" Starting at "Should Display" of Core_Sk.PowerShield.Apparel_PowerShield.

Kadrush

Quote from: Mrshilka on April 01, 2016, 01:31:16 AM
Quote from: Kadrush on March 31, 2016, 11:58:28 PM

Except they do not all work vs you, they are all fighting with your base as the centre, hell I have had raids of tribals preparing to attack and a second raid come sin behind them and they slaughter each other, had a massive Orion raid sapping me only to have half a dozen Skynet plow into them from behind.
If the Factions are hostile they will fight, all you need to do is play this off against each other.

Either way it is still a contradiction to the event itself, as it says one faction vs another and they only fight each other when the met, if they are hostile to each other. Thats a very remote posibility in very big maps (400x400, i would play bigger if the game had a bigger map)

Oh, on the bug report field, i have 2 other things to report.

1- Common prisioners (no space refuges from escape pods) after some time in captivity are getting the "something strange" event and turning into abominations. On the same topic, first drop on escape pod events always turn into abominations, 100% of the time, i dont even bother to rescue anymore. I say first drop, because if you save after the first pod lands and reload, a second one will drop, with no abomination turning.

2-Altough skynet and mechanoids seems to be from different factions (have seen they fighting each other once), poison and psychic ships are spamming mechanoids, terminators and terminatrix on the same side, not sure if intended, Had the same problem before with Rimsenal Federation mods, as the Federation mechs were spamming as mechanoids units, so i believe it is an issue with the event code.

Duncan

In case anyone is interested, I was looking for a good apparel guide for this mod, as it was far from clear what I should be giving my colonists to wear. I was unable to find such a guide so I made this table. You can just sort it by the column that contains the most important attribute for your needs. It starts sorted by sharp armor, then blunt armor, then cold insulation, heat insulation and lastly movement (penalty).

I made a parser that writes the table so if anyone desperately needs  a column that is not currently present please let me know and I can add it.

The short results for people that don't love spreadsheets is that it is complicated. The best armors all have brutal penalties.
The best armor on the modern loom is the armored vest, it might even be best overall because it does not seem to have any penalties and the protection is not bad. For a helmet the marine ballistic helmet.
The best overall armor (ignoring climate) seem to be the alloy vest and the marine ballistic helmet, as they don't slow you down too much and dont interfere too severely with working. If you have the hyperloom to go expensive look into the Phase Jet armor and helmet, these barely slow you down at all and have the added bonus of a power shield. These armors severly impede your medical skills so consider kitting out your doctors in something else and keeping them out of the fight.

If you have special climate needs I don't have any specific advice, you will need to examine the spreadsheet for yourself.

Also the best materials are titanium and pobedite for metal gear, and kevlar for cloth. Alpha/beta poly are also excellent but I have yet to get up to those and see what they can be used for. Rule of thumb for materials - the more it costs, the better it is.

Kadrush

Question, is a Volcanic Winter supposed to last more than 100 days? I have one so far for 117 days, quite a challenge, but i am starting to suspect of a bug.

Valor

Hello,

I need some suggestion how to kill abominations effectively. Is there a way to prevent them from ressurecting? Some weapon, or perhaps a damage type? Or its just % chance they will get up after death?

Thank you kindly.

Fafn1r

Quote from: Valor on April 01, 2016, 08:12:16 PM
Hello,

I need some suggestion how to kill abominations effectively. Is there a way to prevent them from ressurecting? Some weapon, or perhaps a damage type? Or its just % chance they will get up after death?

Thank you kindly.

Just get more colonists to shoot at it. They die easily shot by 3+ colonists with early shoddy SMGs and rifles.

Utherix

Quote from: Duncan on April 01, 2016, 09:53:48 AM
In case anyone is interested, I was looking for a good apparel guide for this mod, as it was far from clear what I should be giving my colonists to wear. I was unable to find such a guide so I made this table. You can just sort it by the column that contains the most important attribute for your needs. It starts sorted by sharp armor, then blunt armor, then cold insulation, heat insulation and lastly movement (penalty).

I made a parser that writes the table so if anyone desperately needs  a column that is not currently present please let me know and I can add it.

The short results for people that don't love spreadsheets is that it is complicated. The best armors all have brutal penalties.
The best armor on the modern loom is the armored vest, it might even be best overall because it does not seem to have any penalties and the protection is not bad. For a helmet the marine ballistic helmet.
The best overall armor (ignoring climate) seem to be the alloy vest and the marine ballistic helmet, as they don't slow you down too much and dont interfere too severely with working. If you have the hyperloom to go expensive look into the Phase Jet armor and helmet, these barely slow you down at all and have the added bonus of a power shield. These armors severly impede your medical skills so consider kitting out your doctors in something else and keeping them out of the fight.

If you have special climate needs I don't have any specific advice, you will need to examine the spreadsheet for yourself.

Also the best materials are titanium and pobedite for metal gear, and kevlar for cloth. Alpha/beta poly are also excellent but I have yet to get up to those and see what they can be used for. Rule of thumb for materials - the more it costs, the better it is.

Dude... sweet. Thanks. Now we just need one for weapons and we're set.

Rhyssia

Stupid question. Does haygrass need seeds? I'm trying to get my colonists to grow some for Muffalo but they just look up at me like I'm completely insane. Could not find seeds for it, even with Prepare Carefully.

-edit-
Apparently...They need seeds but pack does not come with them. User: Dismar has patched files you can find...
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12674.90

-edit- eeww won't actually work but provides an example how to add them. I'll mock up some code after I make sure it works.

-edit-
So there's already file textures for the seed which is awesome, but fixes need to be added in two places.

file is \Mods\SeedsPlease_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Items_Seeds.XML add at end, right above:: " </GameData> "

<!-- Haygrass Seeds Fix -->
<ThingDef Class="SeedsPlease.ThingDef_PlantSeedItem" ParentName="SeedItemBase">
<defName>HaySeeds</defName>
<label>Haygrass Seeds</label>
<description>Heygrass Seeds can be sown in soil to grow Heygrass, which can be used to produce Silage.</description>
<statBases>
<MarketValue>3.5</MarketValue>
</statBases>
<PlantProducedDef>PlantHaygrass</PlantProducedDef>
<graphicData>
<texPath>Seeds/HaySeeds</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_StackCount</graphicClass>
</graphicData>
</ThingDef>

Next file is in same folder, Plants_Cultivated_Seeds.XML at end, above:: </Plants>

<!-- Haygrass Plant Fix -->
<ThingDef Class="SeedsPlease.ThingDef_PlantWithSeeds" ParentName="PlantWithSeedsBase">
<defName>PlantHaygrass</defName>
<label>haygrass</label>
<description>A mixture of nutrient-rich grasses which yield large amounts of hay. Hay is edible for animals, but not humans.</description>
<statBases>
<MaxHitPoints>85</MaxHitPoints>
<Beauty>1</Beauty>
</statBases>
<graphicData>
<texPath>Things/Plant/Haygrass</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Random</graphicClass>
</graphicData>
<selectable>true</selectable>
<pathCost>5</pathCost>
<ingestible>
<preferability>Plant</preferability>
<nutrition>0.20</nutrition>
</ingestible>
<plant>
<dieIfLeafless>true</dieIfLeafless>
<shootsSeeds>false</shootsSeeds>
<maxMeshCount>4</maxMeshCount>
<harvestTag>Standard</harvestTag>
<harvestedThingDef>Hay</harvestedThingDef>
<harvestDestroys>true</harvestDestroys>
<harvestYield>18</harvestYield>
<sowTags>
<li>Ground</li>
</sowTags>
<topWindExposure>0.1</topWindExposure>
<growDays>10.0</growDays>
<fertilityMin>1.0</fertilityMin>
<fertilityFactorGrowthRate>1.0</fertilityFactorGrowthRate>
<visualSizeRange>
<min>0.3</min>
<max>0.8</max>
</visualSizeRange>
</plant>
<SeedDef>HaySeeds</SeedDef>
</ThingDef>

slight error in code...
<ThingDef ParentName="PlantBase">
should be...
<ThingDef Class="SeedsPlease.ThingDef_PlantWithSeeds" ParentName="PlantWithSeedsBase">
Have it fixed in code now.

Fafn1r

Rhyssia

Quote from: Nimander on April 02, 2016, 12:40:19 PM
But haygrass in Hardcore SK doesn't need seeds.

See that's what I thought but for some reason my colonists wouldn't plant it. I made a field of it, and my gardening colonists would go idle after finishing everything else up and just stare at that empty field.