[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

popster99

anyone know why the drilling rig require its self to be placed on an oil sprout but its the only thing that makes oil sprouts

axeladalidez

I know we have a help tab but , I think it would be a great idea to make a tutorial like , telling you to deconstruct ship chunks . It would be incredibly useful to some people

popster99

Zakhad

Quote from: noidea on August 22, 2016, 04:56:40 AM
Quote from: Zakhad on August 22, 2016, 04:02:49 AM
It's combat realism thats doing it
Yeah, I know it and dislike it very much. I think I played with a version of it or with another mod where at least energy weapons didn't need ammo. I can live with that by getting a cheap energy pistol at the start for hunting purposes while depending on turrets until I can properly arm my colonists. But heck, even turrets seem to need ammo in this mod.
Quote from: Zakhad on August 22, 2016, 04:02:49 AM
are you using loadouts btw? (Assign tab) that gets rid a lot of the tedium as they can automatically pick up the right amount of ammo
No, I'm not. I can't craft proper ammo yet, neither will be able to do for a long time and have absolutely no desire to bother with it. Even spawning ammo using the debug menu for the gazillion types of guns is bothersome, not to mentiong storing and keeping track of them.
Call me casual, but I absolutely despise mindless micro.  ;D

So what you're saying is that you really really REALLY love starcraft2? :P

Would you indulge my curiosity? What made you pickup hardcore SK modpack, as It's full of in depth micro management of many different systems; be it managing seed stockpiles, rotating animal pastures around the map, checking each building/item/weapon to see what material works best etc.

For me it's just down to how in depth a lot of the systems that normal Rimworld takes for granted I prefer hardcore sk's approach to making it more believable, not necessarily more realistic.

Shtuka

Guys, I have no button for the Edb Prepare Carefully. How can I turn it on?

zoranjoza

Quote from: Shtuka on August 22, 2016, 10:28:28 AM
Guys, I have no button for the Edb Prepare Carefully. How can I turn it on?
Me either.
Anyone know is this normal?
I used god mode and spawn 25 canned meals. all 3 types.
Colonist it them ,but they eat 7-10 canns. I had 25 and one colonist eat, then i left with 17 canned meals.
Shouldnt they eat only 1 can?

Zakhad

The default first released version for alpha 14 of hardcore sk doesn't have prepare carefully included. The daily/weekly build on github has it, and that's changed quite a lot at least in the beginning.

axeladalidez

The edb prepare carefully from steam works surprisingly fine without any problems.

Zakhad

Quote from: axeladalidez on August 22, 2016, 11:15:53 AM
The edb prepare carefully from steam works surprisingly fine without any problems.

Are you getting oil / mineral veins on the map? that's what I failed to notice when i first started with the original 4.0 alpha 14 hc sk release that and a few other things its a few posts back.

axeladalidez

Yeah I'm missing those didn't notice because I still don't need it.

popster99

caesius

any news or plans to update the a2b mod? it seems a2b mod is not updating to a14 = looks dead.

noidea

Quote from: Zakhad on August 22, 2016, 10:18:07 AM
So what you're saying is that you really really REALLY love starcraft2? :P
Never touched it. Those games are all about multiplayer anway.

Quote from: Zakhad on August 22, 2016, 10:18:07 AM
Would you indulge my curiosity? What made you pickup hardcore SK modpack, as It's full of in depth micro management of many different systems; be it managing seed stockpiles, rotating animal pastures around the map, checking each building/item/weapon to see what material works best etc.
The fact it combines a lot of mods and makes them work together. And I really do appreciate that, since the attitude toward modpacks is quite hostile around here. Thankfully our world is blessed with russians and chinese. :D
But to elaborate on the issue, there are 2 types of micro: where one makes meaningful decisions and where one doesn't. Therefore, I like resource, item, pawn, etc. management because it's the former and despise ammo and seed management because it's the latter. Yes, I always disable the seeds mod too.

On another note I "fixed" my initial issue by adding a few minor weapon mods which didn't seem to cause any conflict.

zoranjoza

I have started as tribe, and my research is very slow, got penalty coz of trybe.
Can i change that somehow? Like modifying save or smth? Its too slow...

popster99

still how to fix the fact that oil patches and stuff don't spawn