[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

Quote from: rekasa on January 12, 2017, 03:54:29 PM
Does jerky need anything special except for meat?
doesnt need anything special for those 2 foods just 10 meat per each piece
on cooked food at start roasted meat gives a bit more hunger filled than jerky.

so what u do is make enough roasted to last 2 days 1 for each colonisst per day and rest to into jerky.
make sure u also scan map for nodes of cold stones. u need 15 for cooler and 10 to fill for fuel. once filled it lasts season and half and auto cuts off when its winter. but no temp control

Naxdar

I noticed an alert when a wild animal started hunting a colonist. Which mod does that? It is a very welcome feature.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 12, 2017, 11:48:27 AM
I've created a spreadsheet to help sort out what's what for HCSK's many weapons:

You can view it here

You might ask why there's no damage column. This is because there's no simple answer to this. It's based on a number of variables that aren't easy to extrapolate from the XMLs. However, usually the higher market value guns perform better. (Bows aren't well represented for this).

Damage aside, one of the main reasons I made this was to help sort out what guns you want to manufacture and outfit everyone with, especially with regards to picking out the ammo types you plan on using.

Also there's a melee tab down at the bottom.

EDIT: oh yeah and I still need to add the futuristic weapons. I've never actually progressed far enough into an HCSK game to get there, though, lol.

Using this, personally I decided to go with making Beretta CX4 (rifle for my hunters/snipers), Scorpion EVO 3 (SMG for fighters), and the Sphinx AT 2000 (pistol for non-fighters). That all uses the same 9x19 para ammo.

An excellent table. For me, it's the PC-9 for a pistol-calibre rifle, the M4 for a carbine and the SCAR for an assault rifle, for reasons of accuracy and firepower. If you want to include damage, add a column for what ammo is used and then a new tab for the ammo types and their damages/penetration.

Owlchemist

Since HCSK has more critters than vanilla, this would be a great mod for HCSK: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840904991

Let's you make stitched leather out of "leftovers" taking up storage space.

Goo Poni

The tailor's loom allows this already. You can tan leather. Any leather or combination of leather can be used and it has its own stats. The only annoying thing is that clothes made with tanned leather use completely random colours. The colour of tanned leather is a generic brown and it shows correctly when used for bedding.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Goo Poni on January 12, 2017, 08:14:21 PM
The tailor's loom allows this already. You can tan leather. Any leather or combination of leather can be used and it has its own stats. The only annoying thing is that clothes made with tanned leather use completely random colours. The colour of tanned leather is a generic brown and it shows correctly when used for bedding.

Oh really? Good to know, thanks! I'll have to give the loom a closer look.

sidfu

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 12, 2017, 08:26:58 PM
Quote from: Goo Poni on January 12, 2017, 08:14:21 PM

basicaly u use tanned hide to have more normalized armor/clothes and use specific leather for more specalized armor.
Oh really? Good to know, thanks! I'll have to give the loom a closer look.

Goo Poni

Off the top of my head, the only leather I would exempt from being tanned is that of Raptors. But the defensive bonuses on tanned leather are otherwise still pretty good and a decent holdover until kevlar takes over for all clothes.

Owlchemist

The HCSK Cheat Sheet has been expanded to now include information about all the textiles, of which there are at least 74 of.

Alloys will come next!

MugglesForHugs

I just want to say thank you to all the helpful people on this thread for giving advice on how to get this mod working properly and giving useful tips. It is much appreciated. I cannot envision myself going back to Vanilla anytime soon.

Goo Poni

I was gonna say, metals should be up next but you got that covered. After that, clothes and ammo and then just about everything is covered. Might I recommend that instead of weapons showing a tier (which is only useful in raid logic, isn't it?), they should show which benches they can be built at. Primitive/smithy, tier two, weapon bench, tier three, advanced weapon bench, tier four, futuristic weapon bench. And maybe the same with clothes if you get to doing those. Additional useful info for clothes would be what covers what and more importantly, what layer it occupies. Nothing more frustrating than looking at the ridiculous number of clothes and determining a full outfit simply by trial and error.
I can make a medieval padded jacket and a medieval padded vest. You'd think one goes under the other, but no. Neither should be confused with a gambeson, which is the same thing as a padded jacket. But that counts as a t-shirt, not as a jacket so it fits under either. Again with oversaturation of items in this pack, getting duplicate items in there now.

EDIT: Huh, I just had the terminator event. My last A14 playthrough was with probably the first iteration of the a14 pack, Skynet were just raiders by another name. This new raid is annoying. SCARs vs bows and a couple scavenged rifles. It's a good thing I like setting the bill for ammo to a few stacks of it because a few stacks of it is what each of those things takes. Just had my terminator standing there behind some rock walls while everyone else just shoots magazine after magazine at them. Went through over 2000 thousand rounds of 5.56, 6 with rifles that carry 360 rounds on them. That is a ridiculous ammo sink. And they revive like zombies. Kay. Hopefully next time that event comes by, I'll just have 6 guys on autocannons instead of 6 guys in the open with rifles.

orcinator

I'm getting an issue where the game instantly  fires off an earthquake event every time I load a game.

Might be tied to the Cassandra storyteller, since I restarted several times and I always get an earthquake event soon after the "random pawn joins" event that happens early on.

Sjdeany

Just wanted to report I'm also running into the corrupt save issue where saves become unloadable and game crashes to desktop for no obvious reason.

Happened on 2 of my games now, Anyone know a workaround? Cheers.

Azzarrel

Since i updated to the version with the smooth wall fix (think it was the first with seeds please re-enabled), I never get the event to name my colony.
My current colony is 3 years old and was still known as "the new arrivals" until i changed to name by manually fireing the event.

I only have crash landing and a few hair mods enabled (would be really weird if hair mods break this) besides this modpack.

sidfu

Quote from: Azzarrel on January 13, 2017, 06:37:42 AM
Since i updated to the version with the smooth wall fix (think it was the first with seeds please re-enabled), I never get the event to name my colony.
My current colony is 3 years old and was still known as "the new arrivals" until i changed to name by manually fireing the event.

I only have crash landing and a few hair mods enabled (would be really weird if hair mods break this) besides this modpack.

to the last 3 peolple go on get and get the current build all u sound like u around 3-4 builds behind current then come back if there still same issue.

also always remember dont copy past over existing files always do clean install olf modpack on  a update