[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

bob112

Oh so it doesnt mean that the modpack has been incorrectly installed after all? That would of been good to know I've spent about an hour uninstalling and then reinstalling this pack trying to get that message to not appear and getting more stressed out as each attempt failed.....

captainradish

I seem to remember their being a version of combat realism being developed that had an ammo disabler built in. Is this something that's real or did I hallucinate it? Also, if it IS real, will it be included in hardcore anytime soon?

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: captainradish on March 25, 2017, 08:48:20 AM
I seem to remember their being a version of combat realism being developed that had an ammo disabler built in.

This is the upcoming Combat Realism CE which is being done by NoImageAvailable, who was the original CR author.

captainradish

Can we PLEASE get it rolled into HK? Please?

These idiots waste SO MANY arrows. I'm watching one of my hunters try to kill a wild boar. She's lvl 16 shooting and has currently used FORTY arrows on the same stupid pig and hasn't hit it once.

XeoNovaDan

It's probably not going to see release until A17 comes out, if I was to guess. Do you have your hunter on 'Aimed Shot' mode? If she's on 'snapshot' mode, that's basically like being trigger-happy.

captainradish

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on March 25, 2017, 11:08:09 AM
It's probably not going to see release until A17 comes out, if I was to guess. Do you have your hunter on 'Aimed Shot' mode? If she's on 'snapshot' mode, that's basically like being trigger-happy.

Yep, their set to aimed, single shot. It probably doesn't help that the AI decides to try to snipe from 150 yards away. :(

I think I'll switch from hunting to fishing instead.

Jmall

My problem seems to have been lost in the abyss, so I'll repeat it.

I installed the mods as directed, and it seems to load up fine. However, my colonists don't do anything even when there's plenty to do... they just walk around, idle, until they die from starvation.

captainradish

Quote from: Jmall on March 25, 2017, 11:27:44 AM
My problem seems to have been lost in the abyss, so I'll repeat it.

I installed the mods as directed, and it seems to load up fine. However, my colonists don't do anything even when there's plenty to do... they just walk around, idle, until they die from starvation.

It begs the question: do you have work set up? I hate to ask, but that's the first troubleshooting question.

I seem to remember someone else having the same problem some time ago. I don't know if there was a solution.

orcinator

Quote from: captainradish on March 25, 2017, 11:11:52 AM

Yep, their set to aimed, single shot. It probably doesn't help that the AI decides to try to snipe from 150 yards away. :(

Hunting is one of those things that's horribly inefficient unless you do it manually by drafting the pawn. Hope there will eventually be a mod that makes it less shit.

Bringing back whatever mod let melee pawns hunt would be nice too.

captainradish

Quote from: orcinator on March 25, 2017, 11:54:19 AM
Quote from: captainradish on March 25, 2017, 11:11:52 AM

Hunting is one of those things that's horribly inefficient unless you do it manually by drafting the pawn. Hope there will eventually be a mod that makes it less shit.

Bringing back whatever mod let melee pawns hunt would be nice too.

Yea, and the recent changes to the fishing mod makes it so you cannot automatically limit how much fish you have. That's annoying. I'd love it to be able to set up a hunting queue that only allows fishing.

EDIT: I found a mod on Steam that allows Melee hunting again, so now I'm happy.

EDIT2: It doesn't work with combat realism, dammit.

EDIT3: I just edited the Remington shotgun so it doesn't use ammo. That seems to work fine.

Jmall

As you can see in this picture, he has plenty to do. Planting, hauling, mining... not to mention picking up his bow. I can't even select him and order him to do something.

He just wanders around, until he starves to death.

Edit: I was able to get him to pick up the bow, after drafting him.

What am I doing wrong?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

captainradish

Quote from: Jmall on March 25, 2017, 04:11:58 PM
As you can see in this picture, he has plenty to do. Planting, hauling, mining... not to mention picking up his bow. I can't even select him and order him to do something.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm inclined to think mod conflict. Do you have any Steam mods active?

Jmall

Quote from: captainradish on March 26, 2017, 12:48:00 AM
Quote from: Jmall on March 25, 2017, 04:11:58 PM

What am I doing wrong?

I'm inclined to think mod conflict. Do you have any Steam mods active?

I do not, the only mods I have are the mods in this project.

ScarabParamit

I wanted to ask few questions about mods and compatibility (in regards to some post about lack of new mods to integrate) as well as some mistakes in OP presentation - part from which i start:
P.S. I'm sorry if I ask silly question, I'm not to familiar with this mod compilation yet...and for my not-native English =P

"- FFGerman Shepherd (Destroyed buildings will now leave behind a construction ghost, meaning that your builders will automatically rebuild things once they get a chance.) by forestfey"
It looks like "I Can Fix It!" description...not a mod about new Pet.

"- Metro Armory, Ushanka! (Adds some of nice apparel) by Dark_Inquisitor"
On the mod page all i can see are few new weapons. No metro suits of armour or gasmasks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, i wanted to ask are those mods compatible, or already implemented:

* Hauling Hysteresis - !!! I found remnants in Injection file in Core_SK folder. Safe, implemented?
* From "Zorba's Miscellanous Tweakery Mods"
- I Can Fix It! - Alredy mentioned, i know...i should just play mod first time (apparently) and let something get demolished to see if its implemented, but it would not answer what to do if its not. A good quality of life mod.
- Silly Builder, Surgery is for Doctors - I understand this was alredy taken care of?
- Step Away From The Medicine - Seems good.
* Better Pathfinding, OSHA Compliance, PathAvoid - As i understand those are safe? Is OSHA implemented?
* Clarification on Fluffy's Mods:
- Colony Manager, Animal Tab, Medical Tab, Relations Tab, Work Tab - Check
- Area Unlocker, Fluffy Breakdowns, Follow Me, Zoom to mouse, Cats - Check
- Stack Merger - ? ... redundant because of other mods?
- Stuffed Floors - ? ... also redundant because of better options?
- The Birds and the Bees - ?
* Defensive Positions - I have not seen it in mods OP, but similar function was present on "Rimworld Alpha 16 l Hardcore SK l Part 1 by Silver Dragon Gaming ...so i would like to know how it is...redundant most likley?
* Furnace 1.0 - From authot of Glitter tech(i know its a nono mod). Can we achive same effects more balanced way?
* QualityBuilder - I do know there are problems with "Skilled builder" ...but what about this one?
* Extended Storage - Redundant, Omni Storage with upgrade and Tweaks as i understand?
* Auto Seller - From ealier post i get, that its not safe and will not be added. Just to be clear.
* Better Stockpile Designator, Recolor Stockpile - Those two conflict with each other, most likley not safe...are any in modpack?
* Robots ++ (Robots Plus Plus) - Safe? Balance breaker?
* Extended Turrets Mod /AKA/ Turrets Pack /AKA/ Auto-Turrets Mod - Considering poll about removing autoturrets this is most unlikley. Safe?
* From "Dingo's Miscellaneous Mods"
- Autoclose Event Notifications - We have clocks, what about this?
- Grenade Fix Rearmed - Seems reasonable...but "Combat Realism Mod"...well...
* MiningCo. Mods - I know we got helmet, what about other parts? Some seem desirable. For now those are updated (Laser fence was updated on Github, mod page not updated):
- A16 MiningCo. AlertSpeaker.zip - Evil Genius...my own fav and focus of mod efforts, very good idea.
- A16 MiningCo. ForceField.zip - Maybe. Portable turrets would fit with it nicley.
- A16 MiningCo. LaserFence.zip - just balance tweaks.
- A16 MiningCo. MMS.zip (Mobile Mineral Sonar) - cool idea.
- A16 MiningCo. MiningHelmet.zip - This one we alredy have. I know.
- A16 MiningCo. PowerFist.zip - Melee is always in need.

Edit: I did used those for moment in order mentioned (under) without any bugs so far:
Better Pathfinding, OSHA Compliance, PathAvoid (orders appear), Autoclose Event Notifications, Grenade Fix Rearmed, I Can Fix It! (maybe redundant), QualityBuilder (orders appear), Furnace, Extended Turrets Mod

I wait for any tips.

Thanks for help, thank everyone for effort and regards!  ;)

captainradish

Can we get a version of that mod (that I am about 90% certain was in Hardcore at one point) that allows to adjust priorities on the work list left and right? I haven't seen it for quite some time.