[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

orcinator

Mixed feelings about the inclusion of bad hygiene, one one hand everyone loves poop, but on the other it adds another reasons for pawns to go "haha time to pause my job and trek back to base then trek back, oh wait time to sleep", in addition to all cleaning structures but the bathtub being worthless since they don't completely refill the hygiene bar.

Oh and moving a shower a few tiles to the left caused an overflow when saving the game, see http://pastebin.com/EBXusnEi for the full log.

http://pastebin.com/EBXusnEi

tornado02

is there a way to replace ground textures? like original ones? I dont like the darkish grounds with HSK, thanks!

bob112

for some reason (possibly due to the mods I've added I haven't tested them yet) but when i load a map (for the temperate and boreal forests at least I've not tried the other biomes yet) some of the bushes and raspberry bushes appear as purple boxes with pink outlines and pink crosses in the middle and some of the bushes and raspberry bushes are fine and can be seen as bushes and raspberry bushes I'm guessing that it's some sort of missing texture thing I was wondering if anyone had this problem as well and knew how to fix it I'm going to go through the mods I've added one by one to try and see if it's one of them causing the problem but i thought I'd post my problem here first in the hopes of avoiding having to go through all of the mods i added in (there's a fair few)

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: bob112 on March 23, 2017, 12:23:53 AM
some of the bushes and raspberry bushes appear as purple boxes with pink outlines and pink crosses in the middle and some of the bushes and raspberry bushes are fine and can be seen as bushes and raspberry bushes I'm guessing that it's some sort of missing texture thing

That is indeed a texture glitch. You shouldn't need to add anymore mods anyway, as all mods in HardcoreSK are bespoke and it's very feature-rich as it stands

Canute

QuoteI'm going to go through the mods I've added one by one to try and see if it's one of them causing the problem

There is maybe the problem, you sure you follow the installation instruction and didn't handle this modpack like regular mods ?

bob112

i did follow the instructions but forgot/didn't think about the mods that i'd downloaded and installed via steam workshop the removing all mods in the Rimworld mods folder apart from core only applied to two mods which i followed the instructions for and transferred to another place i realised this last night so this along with the fact that today when i opened Rimworld and had the debug log open automatically when Rimworld loaded up i scanned through it quickly as i usually do to see if there was anything that stood out as possibly being wrong that i could tell (which isn't much i have no experience with making mods) and i spotted a line that said "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." and remembered someone else had posted here saying that it meant that the modpack hadn't been installed correctly made me think that was possibly what the problem was so i'm going to try reinstalling the pack after making sure to un-tick the mods from steam workshop although i don't know if i should just un-tick them or unsubscribe from them as thats the only way as far as i can tell to remove them from the mod menu in game as they don't appear in the rimworld mod folder.

i un-ticked a load of them and then had to exit out of the mod menu and as i did i got another debug log open and as i checked through it i saw to lines that seemed to relate to my problem i took a screen shot as i was unable to get the share logs option to work i don't know if anyone here would be willing to have a look at it and maybe be able to tell me if there's a way to fix it.
As far as i can tell it would seem that the problem was/is one of the mods i un-ticked disagreeing with one of the mods in the pack here's a link to the screenshot i took of the debug log: https://imgur.com/a/5Tt9U

XeoNovaDan

What I do is put all HardcoreSK mods in a 'Modsb' folder in the main game directory, all config in a 'Configb' folder in the config/saves area directory, and then I can pretty much switch between the two by renaming the existing to 'Modsa' and 'Configa', and then the other 2 to 'Mods' and 'Config'.

Causes no issues, quick, convenient, keeps load order.

Canute

bob112,
i saw "more planning" i think that means you still use other mods together with this modpack. But this modpack is very unique and not all mod's work together with this modpack.

Try to start this modpack at first without any other mods, and in engl. or rus. lang.
Yes these "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." is an unavoidable error.

Once, the modpack is running, you can try to add other mods.

bob112

I understand enough about mods to know that not all mods work together i had admittedly not planned to use the pack but then i saw a guy on youtube playing the pack and saw a couple of mods that caught my interest i had a look through the mod list for the sk pack untill i found the mods and saw that they were not for A16 and guessed that they were possibly abandoned and that hardcore sk had a bit of code in it that made them work in A16 so i downloaded the pack thinking that i could un-tick all the mods i didnt want and then keep the ones i wanted but the ones i wanted are as far as i can tell in the core_sk file so i could only un-tick a few of the unwanted mods so i decided to hell with it i'll use them all with the mods i'd already installed and then i ran into my problem with the textures

AngleWyrm

I did something similar.
I took their version of EdB Prepare Carefully instead of the one that comes with Romance Diversified and Rumors & Deception.
Works great.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Canute

I am not from the Dev team, just a long term user of this modpack.
But like i said this modpack is unique, it isn't just a collection of mod. They are modified to work together (in most cases).
It isn't a good idea to add other mods to this, and same bad idea is to take parts to use with other mods.

Like the case with Prepare carefully show, it can works, but at the other case your try didn't worked.

For more details and answers i suggest to visit the Dev team on the discord server, this forum isn't their favoured workplace.

Epson

Keep up the great work sky. Every time I come here after an update I'm happily surprised. And it always adds new life once I'm a little bored of vanilla Rimworld.

Jmall

I installed the mods as directed, and it seems to load up fine. However, my colonists don't do anything even when there's plenty to do... they just walk around, idle, until they die from starvation.

bob112

ok i removed all mods from the mod folder and unsubscribed from all the mods i downloaded from steam workshop and basically made my rimworld installation as vanilla as i could  i've even uninstalled and reinstalled rimworld completly including having deleted the rimworld folder in steamapps/common and i'm still getting "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." the way i installed this mod pack the first time was
1.cut and pasted out all the mods in the rimworld mod folder apart from the core then copy and pasted the mods from the harcore sk mod pack download into the rimworld mods folder
2.put the mods i'd cut and pasted from the rimworld mod folder back into the rimworld mods folder
3.after having to use the search function on my PC to find the right folder as the method mentioned in the instructions didn't work for me for some reason i deleted the ModsConfig.xml file but non of the other files and then copy and pasted the one from the modpack archive
4.ticked the mods
5.tryed to play and got the texture bug

since then I've tried three times to reinstall following the instructions carefully but still gotten "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." i've uninstalled rimworld and then reinstalled it and gotten the hardcore sk modpack screen pop up so i uninstalled rimworld again and found the rimworld folder in the steamapps/common folder and deleted the rimworld folder there then reinstalled rimworld again and made back ups of the core and config folder so that hopefully i wouldn't have to do a complete nuke reinstall each time then i've tried reinstalling the modpack three different ways deleting everything in rimworld's mod and config folders after each failed attempt and then copy and pasting the vanilla back ups i made back into their respective folders each time

method 1:follow the instruction the about ModsConfig.xml file as the instructions say leave the core file in the rimworld mod folder were it is then copy and paste all hardcore sk mods in the archive into the rimword mod folder apart from the core file
method 2:follow the instruction the about ModsConfig.xml file as the instructions say delete the core file in the rimworld mod folder then copy and paste all hardcore sk mods including the core file in the archive into the rimword mod folder
method 3:follow the instruction the about ModsConfig.xml file as the instructions say leave the core file in the rimworld mod folder were it is then copy and paste all hardcore sk mods including the core file in the archive into the rimword mod folder and say yes to all questions asking if i want to merge folders and/or copy and replace files

and each time it's loaded up fine apart from the debug log popping up immediately with "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." i don't understand how i'm going wrong there's no mods apart from the modpack mods in the rimworld folder each try and i've unsubscribed from all the steam workshop mods that i had installed and i've not tried to reinstall any of the mods apart from the modpack is the "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." bug/error/glitch really bad? does it affect game play at all? can anyone help me? because as far as i can tell i'm following the instructions carefully and correctly but still somehow screwing up

flying tomato

Quote from: bob112 on March 25, 2017, 01:00:16 AM
ok i removed all mods from the mod folder and unsubscribed from all the mods i downloaded from steam workshop and basically made my rimworld installation as vanilla as i could  i've even uninstalled and reinstalled rimworld completly including having deleted the rimworld folder in steamapps/common and i'm still getting "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." the way i installed this mod pack the first time was
1.cut and pasted out all the mods in the rimworld mod folder apart from the core then copy and pasted the mods from the harcore sk mod pack download into the rimworld mods folder
2.put the mods i'd cut and pasted from the rimworld mod folder back into the rimworld mods folder
3.after having to use the search function on my PC to find the right folder as the method mentioned in the instructions didn't work for me for some reason i deleted the ModsConfig.xml file but non of the other files and then copy and pasted the one from the modpack archive
4.ticked the mods
5.tryed to play and got the texture bug

since then I've tried three times to reinstall following the instructions carefully but still gotten "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." i've uninstalled rimworld and then reinstalled it and gotten the hardcore sk modpack screen pop up so i uninstalled rimworld again and found the rimworld folder in the steamapps/common folder and deleted the rimworld folder there then reinstalled rimworld again and made back ups of the core and config folder so that hopefully i wouldn't have to do a complete nuke reinstall each time then i've tried reinstalling the modpack three different ways deleting everything in rimworld's mod and config folders after each failed attempt and then copy and pasting the vanilla back ups i made back into their respective folders each time

method 1:follow the instruction the about ModsConfig.xml file as the instructions say leave the core file in the rimworld mod folder were it is then copy and paste all hardcore sk mods in the archive into the rimword mod folder apart from the core file
method 2:follow the instruction the about ModsConfig.xml file as the instructions say delete the core file in the rimworld mod folder then copy and paste all hardcore sk mods including the core file in the archive into the rimword mod folder
method 3:follow the instruction the about ModsConfig.xml file as the instructions say leave the core file in the rimworld mod folder were it is then copy and paste all hardcore sk mods including the core file in the archive into the rimword mod folder and say yes to all questions asking if i want to merge folders and/or copy and replace files

and each time it's loaded up fine apart from the debug log popping up immediately with "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." i don't understand how i'm going wrong there's no mods apart from the modpack mods in the rimworld folder each try and i've unsubscribed from all the steam workshop mods that i had installed and i've not tried to reinstall any of the mods apart from the modpack is the "Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." bug/error/glitch really bad? does it affect game play at all? can anyone help me? because as far as i can tell i'm following the instructions carefully and correctly but still somehow screwing up

"Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes." That bug is not from modpack, but from A16 version. It has something with research tree because research tree from modpack is too big, but it does no harm.