[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Quote from: Panzer on May 24, 2015, 08:17:43 AM
Another reason for the fish dying can be when theres not enough food in the hopper, e.g. theres 29 strawberries in the hopper, your warehouse is full to the brim with potatoes but not strawberries. The fish will starve then because they re lacking the required amount (the fish need 30 food a day), you need manually haul that stuff then to higher priority zone.

@Rikiki something for your todo list:
- Harpoon has no fishing animation, the guy just stands at the pier
Remember you can put several hoppers next to the basin so it can contain several kind of vegetables.
I don't know about the harpoon animation. Maybe just showing the weapon is enough.
I am still testing your balanced values before releasing an update with other fun stuff. :D

Timmiej93

Quote from: Rikiki on May 24, 2015, 04:49:45 PM
Remember you can put several hoppers next to the basin so it can contain several kind of vegetables.

Derp. I really haven't used the nutrient dispenser enough to harness the capabilities of hoppers. Thanks for reminding me :P

dismar

Panzer

Found another bug: If you have 2 hoppers and less than 30 food in each of them, the fish will still starve altough the food total is greater than 30. This kinda defeats the purpose of the 2nd hopper :/

Btw, I found the perfect balance (in my opinion) for fishing, try the formula with a 0.15 multiplier, fishing gets the desired support role and you still need aquaponics for a mid-sized colony  :)

nmid

Quote from: Panzer on May 27, 2015, 08:11:11 AM
Found another bug: If you have 2 hoppers and less than 30 food in each of them, the fish will still starve altough the food total is greater than 30. This kinda defeats the purpose of the 2nd hopper :/
My 2nd hopper is a 2nd variety of food :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Panzer

Yeah well I had that too, but it still would be nice if it was possible, leftovers are stuck in the hopper until you get a new harvest or you hauled them away.

LustrousWolf

Is it possible that there could be a fishing shed/rack or a storage linked to the fishing pier? so my hunters can go there and swap out there guns (because good hunters have the best shooting so i give them the best guns) for fishing equipment, because I do not want my hunters to have melee type weapons just for fishing all the time, it annoys me that i have to swap guns and fishing gear every time i want to go fishing. or you could make it that cooks go fishing? or a new skill on the overview work tab?

last of all, does fishing count as a joyful activity? not tried fishing yet but if this is not a feature, maybe you can think about it? :P

Panzer

Quote from: LustrousWolf on May 27, 2015, 03:23:00 PM
Is it possible that there could be a fishing shed/rack or a storage linked to the fishing pier? so my hunters can go there and swap out there guns (because good hunters have the best shooting so i give them the best guns) for fishing equipment, because I do not want my hunters to have melee type weapons just for fishing all the time, it annoys me that i have to swap guns and fishing gear every time i want to go fishing. [...]

You could use the fishing rod, that one counts as apparel and you can use it with a t-shirt, your guy gets to keep his gun. As for joyful activity, havent tested it yet but your guy should get some joy out of it if he has a passion for it.

Rikiki

V10.2 is released. This is a big update from my modder point of view.
Should be more balanced and life easier now! :D

Thanks all for the feedback and nice ideas to improve this mod! :)

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Rikiki on May 27, 2015, 06:19:45 PM
V10.2 is released. This is a big update from my modder point of view.
Should be more balanced and life easier now! :D

Thanks all for the feedback and nice ideas to improve this mod! :)

Really glad to see how this mods going a long, hope Tynan comes across it and considers adding it to the core game. would add variety in my personal opinion. Keep up the good work  ;D

Panzer

This is looking very good, love the addition of that little exclamation mark when they didnt catch anything ^^

Nice to see butcher efficency is working, the butcher yield could be scaled down a little bit for every fish, e.g. a 150 base value for tailteeth is too high because a level 10 cook with 100% manipulation has 100% efficency and gets the 150 meat, and the values get too big if you have a cook above lvl 10 with bionics (lvl 20 cook with 2 bionic arms gets more than 300 meat out of a tailteeth, muffalo thats 10 times the size of a tailteeth yields somewhere close to 300 ^^).

I reduced the yield by 33% for every fish in my version, needs some more testing, maybe even further :P

Same with catch chance, still pretty high in my opinion for a good fisher.
Lets assume best case, 50%. After 3 tries of fishing you already have 0,5 + 0,5 - (0,5)³ = 87,5% chance to catch anything once, after 5 tries you re above 96% :P
Lets try with something more realistic, say 25% chance to catch a fish. After 3 tries you would have 0,25 + 0,75 - (0,75)³ = 58% chance to never catch anything, that means 42% chance to catch at least once something, after 10 tries you re at 94%, pretty decent chance for a lvl 10 hunter with medium gear.

A dedicated fisher will try how many times a day? ~ 30 tries? That would mean 1 medium fisher is pretty sure to catch something at least 3 times a day, whereas a high level fisher catches double the amount, which in my opinion is quite a lot for no risk meat and minimal upkeep in form of a new fishing tool every now and then.

I know, this is balance whining at a high level which no one really cares about :P, endgame money is crazy and you can buy all the meat you want, but I have always been into the details ^^

Rikiki

Balancing is never finished! ;) I tried to adjust the values with your feedback and my feelings (and a lot of math too!).
To be honest, I barely had time to play real game so late game is certainly not well balanced.

I considered a hunter can get 2 medium animals per day so an average of 160 meat.
A dedicated fisher with minor passion after sleeping, eating and having some joy will try about 20 times so a maximum of 10 prizes ~= 100 meat.

About the tailteeth, I see it as a big fish (a kind of aggresive aquatic muffalo :o ). So given the small chance to catch it, the amount of meat is as expected from me. :)

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Panzer on May 28, 2015, 07:29:05 AM

Same with catch chance, still pretty high in my opinion for a good fisher.
Lets assume best case, 50%. After 3 tries of fishing you already have 0,5 + 0,5 - (0,5)³ = 87,5% chance to catch anything once, after 5 tries you re above 96% :P

Lets try with something more realistic, say 25% chance to catch a fish. After 3 tries you would have 0,25 + 0,75 - (0,75)³ = 58% chance to never catch anything, that means 42% chance to catch at least once something, after 10 tries you re at 94%, pretty decent chance for a lvl 10 hunter with medium gear.

It's Rimworld's math, right? Right?!?

Panzer

Probability calculation, can be quite useful :P can and will puzzle you, took me some time to figure that out, havent used it in years ;) Pretty sure it is correct, lets say 75%

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Panzer on May 29, 2015, 04:17:01 AM
Probability calculation, can be quite useful :P can and will puzzle you, took me some time to figure that out, havent used it in years ;) Pretty sure it is correct, lets say 75%

No, I mean the actual mathematical calculations, aside programming and stuff I know nothing about.

As far as I know, as long as the outcome is either "A" or "B", the probability or either outcome will always remain 50%, even if the previously there were more of one than the other, i.e. the outcome is "A" 5 times in a row (or 10, 51 or 85773285 times), the probability of getting "A" as the outcome again on the 6th time (or 11th, 52th or 85757253somthing) remains 50%.

...right?  ???