Nominate a mod to be included in RimWorld!

Started by Tynan, May 19, 2015, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundercraft

Quote from: Hechtic on December 24, 2016, 10:31:13 PM
Zorba's Crafting Hysteresis would be a great mod to add to the base game.

AC-Enhanced Crafting includes the same functionality, plus much more. Just saying...  ;D

uly

Haven't looked through this thread, but I'm sure
EdB Prepare Carefully must has been mentioned hundreds of times. It's probably the most "should have been in core" mod ever.

I also think the custom BackstoriesCore mod should have been core long time ago. In fact it strikes me as quite strange that the backstories isn't easily moddable out of the box.

SF4iQue

Absolutely necessary (can't play without):

• Refugee Stats Can i ask that refugee is he a pyromaniac or not at least!? especially f >:( k those fat ugly abrasive gay people
  • AC-Enhanced Crafting Most loved feature allows your chef to take a god damn break for a sec and do other business instead of runing between kitchen and freezer like a boomalope on her estrous cycle.
  • I Can Fix It! "Destroyed buildings will now leave behind a construction ghost, meaning that your builders will automatically rebuild things once they get a chance" I mean... why it's not in the game yet, man?
  • QualityBuilder Anyone else tired of this minigame in which you need to rebuild a crappy peace of furniture over and over to get some acceptable quality? I am. This mod has simple, yet beautiful solution.
  • Defensive Positions I cried in russian when i saw this mod for the first time... "Allows your colonists to remember their position during base defense"
  • Allow Tool SUDDENLY Allows you to Allow shit things much more faster after a raid for example.
  • DeadMansClothing You've added "Wearing dead man's clothes" debuff in game, but you haven't added freaking policy to prohibit wearing it. Thats just brutal man. Okay it's obvioulsy a joke about adding this modification, but we (randy random extreme permadeath players) sincerely concerned about that particular thing.

Would be nice (can play without)

• Hand Me That Brick Haulers can haul resources to the construction site. LIKE THEY PROBABLY SHOULD FFS.
  • Medical Tab Well, it allows you to have much more visual contol of all health/medicine related stuff.
  • Look At Me, I'm The Worker Now "If another colonist is already doing the job, it'll now interrupt them and assign the job to the desired colonist. If the desired colonist doesn't have the right job assigned, that's OK, they'll go do the job anyway".

Thyme

I want to nominate Bring back Megatheriums!. It renames Megasloth to the much more awesome Megatherium.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

☢FLAY☢

Quote from: SF4iQue on December 27, 2016, 09:26:25 AM
Absolutely necessary (can't play without):

• Refugee Stats Can i ask that refugee is he a pyromaniac or not at least!? especially f >:( k those fat ugly abrasive gay people
  • AC-Enhanced Crafting Most loved feature allows your chef to take a god damn break for a sec and do other business instead of runing between kitchen and freezer like a boomalope on her estrous cycle.

someone doesn't hold back  :o
  • I Can Fix It! "Destroyed buildings will now leave behind a construction ghost, meaning that your builders will automatically rebuild things once they get a chance" I mean... why it's not in the game yet, man?
  • QualityBuilder Anyone else tired of this minigame in which you need to rebuild a crappy peace of furniture over and over to get some acceptable quality? I am. This mod has simple, yet beautiful solution.
  • Defensive Positions I cried in russian when i saw this mod for the first time... "Allows your colonists to remember their position during base defense"
  • Allow Tool SUDDENLY Allows you to Allow shit things much more faster after a raid for example.
  • DeadMansClothing You've added "Wearing dead man's clothes" debuff in game, but you haven't added freaking policy to prohibit wearing it. Thats just brutal man. Okay it's obvioulsy a joke about adding this modification, but we (randy random extreme permadeath players) sincerely concerned about that particular thing.

Would be nice (can play without)

• Hand Me That Brick Haulers can haul resources to the construction site. LIKE THEY PROBABLY SHOULD FFS.
  • Medical Tab Well, it allows you to have much more visual contol of all health/medicine related stuff.
  • Look At Me, I'm The Worker Now "If another colonist is already doing the job, it'll now interrupt them and assign the job to the desired colonist. If the desired colonist doesn't have the right job assigned, that's OK, they'll go do the job anyway".

Torres

I'd like to nominate RIMFRIDGE
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=780996548

Can't live without it, instead of huge freezer rooms this option is more practical and useful since you can plant one in the dinner room and let your pawns just eat without taking long walks :D

Hydromancerx

Tools for Haul
Having saddles for animals, animal drawn carts and gas vehicles are some of the most requested things. Why is this not in the main game yet?

Peterowsky

I would like to nominate Hospitality mod by Orion.

It really makes visitor visits much more important in shaping friendly relations, or in amassing a bigger colony at a cost of relationship. Including it in the game will enhance it for people who do not use mods, and you and Orion can join hands in making it even better :D!

Jstank

-New GenSteps for map generation.

Because you said underground and underground is one step closer to Z levels!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

udAL

I would like to nominee Camping Stuff and Set-Up Camp.

Camping Stuff
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29145.0

Now that we have caravans and the ability to wander the world without a proper base this mod is a must!
Adds:
- Three sizes of tents made of cloth/hide that can be deployed to provide a fast and lightweight living space.
- Sleeping bags (lightweight and reasonably comfy)
- A butchering spot (easy to set up, slower to butcher)
- Stove to heat/cook with chemfuel.

I love to start as a glitterworld expeditionary in the tundra with this camping equipment and see how far I can get by hunting and trading.

Set-Up Camp
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29054.0

Allows you to make a fast stop anywhere with a caravan. Sometimes while traveling you need to make a fast stop to treat wounded, equip warm clothes... This mod creates a encounter map so you can zoom in, do stuff, and keep going

RemingtonRyder

CaravanSpot is one that obviously is new from A16 onwards. It gives you control over where your own caravans muster, and as such it's a good thing to have in vanilla unless much smarter caravan formation AI is added.

Similarly, Trading Spot gives you control over where traders will muster. Yes, there is potential for abuse, but I find it improves my immersion when I plop this down near to an area with fancy tile patterns and an outdoor table and chairs. Also visiting caravans will not dash inside to use my dining room. :P

The next mod I would nominate is Clear The Stockpiles. Yes, it's one of my own. It allows haulers to remove items from stockpiles which do not accept them. Stuff which can't immediately be hauled to a nearby stockpile which does accept it, is dumped somewhere nearby clear of any doors. It uses a variation of the HaulAside function which is used to clear the worktop of worktables.

The only concern I have about Clear The Stockpiles is that, well, it's yet another thing that haulers have to do. However, when some stockpiles are blocked by items, it can lead to things like hunters not dragging their kills back home, which means that haulers drag them in when the stockpile is (eventually) cleared. So I think the benefits outweigh or are balanced by the drawbacks.

Another mod that I worked on recently and would like to nominate is Screw The Rules - Have Food. The particular feature that I like is changing the possible outcome of an existing event to something else by chance, especially if the storyteller is Randy. In this example, crop blight can be replaced randomly by a drop of resource pods containing food.

notfood

Azzarrel

Since there is a steam workshop for this game now, i would suggest just implementing one of the 'most subscribed' mods in there - as clearly the most people want to have this mod in their game.

(Sure not all mods are on the workshop and not all ´players use the workshop, but a popular mod on the workshop is most likely to be popular in the forums, too.)

rmconde98

redisheat! please! i love that mod, and is very handy! (It`s not mine)

milon

I don't really want to lock this thread, but this is the old (broken!) thread.

See the newer, shinier thread here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29505.0

(Authors only please!)