Let's get those paint brushes moving folks!

Started by Ramsis, May 30, 2015, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

Quote from: postm00v on July 18, 2015, 06:30:20 PM
Don't you start with 'it's a bit crappy'! I couldn't draw like that even if I wanted to! Amazing work.
MODESTY BAIT, HOOK LINE SINKER. But honestly tho, I'm in a spot where almost everyone else I know in real life is much more talented than me. But I be improvin' at 2x speed!

Here's another something. I figured out how the layer things work and managed to make a sort of clean one. Still working on how to do shadows and cloth folds.

"TFW when killbox"
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

muffins

That is seriously awesome. All the people around you must be real artists if you think your art doesn't stand up. In my experience almost no-one draws and I only know one person myself that does (he does some cool pop-art). The spot that you're in is really rare and is probably a blessing in disguise. I would give important body-parts, and maybe an organ or two, to be surrounded by artists.

A Friend

Okay, I may have been a bit exaggerating there.

I don't know too many people outside of home and school.
I'm just mostly talking about my classmates I've been stuck with for years.
While not exactly all, there's quite a lot of them. They do some damn good realistic drawings and crayon shades and stuff. I doubt they have drawing tablets to make graphic arts but still damn, THOSE PENCIL SHADING. They also have other talents aside from arts but that's not important.

My stuff rarely flies into the radar and it feels a bit discouraging. Even weirder when it does and they seem awfully surprised each time as if I haven't been doing the same thing for years.

Then they get supported for contests and receive training and praise bluh blah bleh life story sob sob. Makes me sort of jealous and I'm not really social enough to ask them for advices. I pretty much just observe what they do and then apply it to my own works.

TL;DR
It sucks when your work hardly gets noticed.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

skullywag

Well its getting noticed here. Keep it up.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Getting better at art just takes the effort of practising
you don't do that, you're gon stay on the 3/5 skill level just like me
Cause I don't bother with ever picking up the pencil "Takes too much tiiiime, there's sooooo so much *other* things I could do! like play gaaam- I mean do something really meaningful and something useful - Like play games"

Oh! if you wannoo parctise shading, find your old oold things and give them some makeover! My old pencileerings were awfully undershaded (because too scared to ruin the pretty lines! Eee)
Also don't compare your things on others things, you dum dum
OH OH!! I got a stipend for making an official poster for a jazz event once
Are you jealous!?

Now ya'll need to praise my arting skills cause I want attention, too!

hello? h-hello?

A Friend

Quote from: Shinzy on July 19, 2015, 06:55:43 AM

Edit:

Looking at my previous posts, I feel like an attention whore fishing for praise. Eh... let me try again.

While I won't deny attention and praise feels gud, I draw because it's fun and I love making art. I wish to evoke the feeling of "Oh wow..." awe that I also feel when I look at things like these http://pre06.deviantart.net/765a/th/pre/f/2008/141/2/4/ami_and_sweet_by_ngjas.jpg
It's pretty hard to make my friends people I know feel the same with mine. They mostly just meh or "what's that".

Though, I'm very glad to hear that I'm able to do so here despite mine not nearing the quality of such works. I just have a case of frikkin' high standards.

Now that's done with... LES CONTINU MAKIN' EM' DRAWINS!1!

muffins

If there was a way I could "thumb-up", "rate" or "give reputation" to the last two posts, I'd be spamming that button right now.

EDIT - Any chance I could pinch that last pic as an avatar, A Friend?  :D

Levin

Hahaha! :D I loved the scared raider sitting outside the kill-box! I can really visualize him, all tough with his power-armour ready for the big raid, suddenly having a change of heart after hearing the screams from all the ones going before him around that corner, seeing the blood flowing along the ground ;)

A Friend

I request something, a gif.

Centipede - "Heavy combat mechanoids that glide on dozens of tiny legs."

Replace those legs with peglegs and have it move like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBSiOcUgO9w
All the while making TCK TCK TCK TCK onomatopoeia texts.

I don't know how to make gifs... someone please turn this imagination into a reality.

Shinzy

A Friend

Korvus Redmane

Quote from: caba111 on July 07, 2015, 01:41:53 AM

Centipede in the night.

"That is really amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it!"

Or use it as a desktop background... thats not really stealing right? :p
It's about the journey, not the destination!

Of course, some people go further than others and some people end up as hats...

xlockeed

Quote from: caba111 on July 07, 2015, 01:41:53 AM

Centipede in the night.
Very nicely done on capturing an in game event. Everything is in this piece, minus necks  :P .
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.