[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

str82azz

i am pretty sure u could make it at smithy table(or furnace)..because i know i was able to make it in my last game..think something changed in the last update (or a possible bug..)

BlueFreakQ

With just the core panda installed, I found fuse quartz on the electric smelter

str82azz

thx.. :)
havent researched it yet..this made ice sheet survival extra spicy..

earving1

hello i has this problem with core panda i tried to search it but dont work , versions are the same of the game please help
https://gyazo.com/f65a8d830a3590b7b37979d222fcb9fe

cuproPanda

Fused quartz is made at the electric smelter, and if Powerless! is installed, at the crucible.

Quote from: earving1 on July 29, 2016, 05:06:29 PM
hello i has this problem with core panda i tried to search it but dont work , versions are the same of the game please help
https://gyazo.com/f65a8d830a3590b7b37979d222fcb9fe

Try reinstalling? Now you may need to change the version to be 0.14.1249. A simple find and replace will do that for all your mods.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

123nick

hey i have a suggestion for unifier mod, Edge industries mod and the Glittertech mod both add titanium, so maybe a recipe too switch some glittertech titanium for edge industries titanium, and another recipe for vice-versa?

RalphFox

@cuproPanda here you go, as promissed, my save file
Someone: You have no idea what you're doing, do you?
Me: Yeah! isn't that exciting?

Maintaining Officially to v14:
Edge Technologies
Cupro's SOGA

cuproPanda

Quote from: RalphFox on July 31, 2016, 11:28:36 PM
@cuproPanda here you go, as promissed, my save file

Yep, I have the issue now, too. My log:

Save file didn't say any other mods were loaded, including quarry
Save file didn't have a reference to quarry
Loaded the game using: Core, Quarry
Errors found:
Play mode, error on acceptable placing
Dev mode, error on clicking quarry to build
Trying to spawn conglomerate (checks for QuarryManager, finds one if none available), Object reference error
Quit to Menu without saving

New World:
Able to select and build a quarry
Able to mine at quarry
Conglomerate spawns using quarry's hauling designations
Able to deconstruct and rebuild quarry
Quit to OS without saving

Reloaded Corneria with: Core, Quarry - issues persist

Conclusion:
Quarry needs a new save, possibly due to statics - current A14 bug with it

Solution:
New saves only
Possible fix by implementing [StaticConstructorOnStartup], to init classes on an existing assembly

For now, the best solution I can give you is to just not use the quarry in your current save. Starting a new world fixes the issue, but that's not a simple solution if you're attached to your current colony.

I don't want to update the mod again for A14, since it's caused nothing but problems for the other people using it, and since starting a new world fixes the issue. I'll make sure to have the mod fixed in A15, now that I know what I'm testing for. Hopefully [StaticConstructorOnStartup] is the solution, or maybe I just need to move away from statics - I don't think I need them.

Thank you for submitting the save, it helped a lot. I could've sworn I had already tried saving a world with no mods, but I guess I didn't.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Drusek

1. Start new world and build quarry, save.
2. Open that save and your current save in text editor. (Backup your current save first)
3. Search for "quarry" in both of them and compare the differences. Obviously ID of the quarry and placement will be different but there might be something else missing. Add that from new world save.

RalphFox

Quote from: cuproPanda on August 01, 2016, 02:30:12 AM
Yep, I have the issue now, too. My log:

Save file didn't say any other mods were loaded, including quarry
Save file didn't have a reference to quarry
Loaded the game using: Core, Quarry
Errors found:
Play mode, error on acceptable placing
Dev mode, error on clicking quarry to build
Trying to spawn conglomerate (checks for QuarryManager, finds one if none available), Object reference error
Quit to Menu without saving

New World:
Able to select and build a quarry
Able to mine at quarry
Conglomerate spawns using quarry's hauling designations
Able to deconstruct and rebuild quarry
Quit to OS without saving

Reloaded Corneria with: Core, Quarry - issues persist

Conclusion:
Quarry needs a new save, possibly due to statics - current A14 bug with it

Solution:
New saves only
Possible fix by implementing [StaticConstructorOnStartup], to init classes on an existing assembly

For now, the best solution I can give you is to just not use the quarry in your current save. Starting a new world fixes the issue, but that's not a simple solution if you're attached to your current colony.

I don't want to update the mod again for A14, since it's caused nothing but problems for the other people using it, and since starting a new world fixes the issue. I'll make sure to have the mod fixed in A15, now that I know what I'm testing for. Hopefully [StaticConstructorOnStartup] is the solution, or maybe I just need to move away from statics - I don't think I need them.

Thank you for submitting the save, it helped a lot. I could've sworn I had already tried saving a world with no mods, but I guess I didn't.

My pleasure, it is ok/understandable. If you ever decide to try to fix it in the current version, or if you release for a future A15 you can count me as a beta tester.

Also, i'm learning to mod rimworld, is not THAT hard, the only finicky i have seen so far is the xml tags changing often, and assets/names that exists changing their names/ceasing to exist;
The 'hacking'(c# dll coding) don't look too hard too, just a bit more tricky/long work to do it;
So if i get better i can offer my skills to you too =).(i have experience with programming language in general, working professionally for 10 years now, add 5 years to that if considering unprofessionally hehe) 

Edge Technologies
Cupro's SOGA

legendary

Hey cupro, when the "Soda Garden" would be comaptible with latest RW version? I love your mods!
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

cuproPanda

Quote from: legendary on August 01, 2016, 12:02:15 PM
Hey cupro, when the "Soda Garden" would be comaptible with latest RW version? I love your mods!

It won't be updated to A14; I don't have any more time to work on mods. I'm toying with the idea of automatically generating recipes based on whether or not Vegetable Garden is installed, but that'll have to wait for A15.

RalphFox

Quote from: legendary on August 01, 2016, 12:02:15 PM
I've got the greenlight from Cupro himself to update that mod to v14, i'll be doing that when i get more free =)

To anyone else, is there any mod from cupro that you'd like to be updated to v14? nvm that, i'm blind an the only mods that are on v13 are soda garden, brain mod, and Bamboo :P

Quote from: Drusek on August 01, 2016, 04:26:19 AM
1. Start new world and build quarry, save.
2. Open that save and your current save in text editor. (Backup your current save first)
3. Search for "quarry" in both of them and compare the differences. Obviously ID of the quarry and placement will be different but there might be something else missing. Add that from new world save.
I didn't saw your message before, thanks for that, i'll try that later;

Edge Technologies
Cupro's SOGA

cuproPanda

Important Update for DWC! Now you can actually sell the crafts!

14.01:
Crafts grouped under raw resources to allow trading

RalphFox

Soda Garden v14

Download
Updated Link

As usual, please report any bugs; I haven't done a thoroughly testing.

To info on how to install, please check Cupro's Drinks, Addons section, Soda Garden.

Changelog

v14.1:Updated items to be able to be stored in storages. Thanks to JesusKreist for pointing the problem/error!

v14:Updated to A14.

Edge Technologies
Cupro's SOGA