[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuproPanda

Quote from: DepOpt on August 07, 2016, 11:25:43 AM
So, using a pile of your mods via the steam workshop now, but hit a early game snag. Resource pits can't be built on mud anymore...

Seeing as this was the main way to get sand, I can't get any sandbags. is the only way now to do it via stonecutting tables? if so, then the research needed is going to slow down setting up basic defenses for those first few raids.

*edit* also just realised that getting mud and clay are now also much more difficult, making using bricks/mudbricks as an early game structure impossible.

Yes, this is an issue I still need to address. In the next version I'll add a quern for grinding the resources, which doesn't require research.

EDIT: Actually, I've got the time, I can do it now. It might take a bit, it;s hard to say how long artwork will take when you can't feel your fingers
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

CorePanda now has a quern! No research needed to build it. I was hoping to make it with stone chunks, but I can't, so it can be made with metal. Anachronistic, but it works.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

lundwooder

when I launch the game I get a box that pops up saying this. Mod Additional Joy Objects 14.01.zip (unzipped file) has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version write: <targetVersion>0.14.1249</targetVersion>. How do I fix this?

cuproPanda

Quote from: lundwooder on August 07, 2016, 02:43:59 PM
when I launch the game I get a box that pops up saying this. Mod Additional Joy Objects 14.01.zip (unzipped file) has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version write: <targetVersion>0.14.1249</targetVersion>. How do I fix this?

Redownload the mod. I forgot to change the version number, and I just fixed a bug. It'll work now :)

Also, you should be unzipping the mods, but if the game does that for you now, I guess it's okay not to.

kaptain_kavern

@CuproPanda :

Did you know you can just use  "0.14.0" ? :-p

cuproPanda

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 07, 2016, 08:56:51 PM
@CuproPanda :

Did you know you can just use  "0.14.0" ? :-p

I didn't. It certainly helps not having to update every mod to just change a single number

DepOpt

Minor oddity with the quern fix, the quern's recipes now show up in the stonecutting table, so you have both 'grind' and 'crush' A into B in the recipe list. Not game breaking, just messy.
Ignore this notice

cuproPanda

Quote from: DepOpt on August 08, 2016, 12:20:09 PM
Minor oddity with the quern fix, the quern's recipes now show up in the stonecutting table, so you have both 'grind' and 'crush' A into B in the recipe list. Not game breaking, just messy.

I already know exactly why that is. I'll get on it  :)

EDIT: fixed!

legendary

Woohoo! Cupro's soda garden updated! You are the best cupro :)
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

H8ff0000

BrainMod sounds useful, looking forward to an A14 version :)

cuproPanda

Quote from: H8ff0000 on August 11, 2016, 08:08:46 PM
BrainMod sounds useful, looking forward to an A14 version :)

Sorry, but it won't be updated by me. I started working on updating it, but a lot has changed and I was getting constant errors. I don't have any more time to work on it, but if anyone wants to pick up where I left off, my github is up-to-date with where I left off.

Also, so everyone knows and is prepared for it, A15 will be the last alpha I do for a while. I definitely won't be updating to A16, after that is unknown. People are free to update, change, or build off of my mods, all I ask is that I'm credited as the original author/inspiration/whatever.

Etherdreamer

Sad.. you get roasted by the constant updating?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Etherdreamer on August 12, 2016, 12:33:02 AM

Too much on my plate at the moment. As much as I love modding RimWorld, I don't have the time to dedicate to updating and maintaining the mods. Any free time I get, though, I'm spending working on A15, so hopefully it's completely stable and balanced.

H8ff0000

Quote from: cuproPanda on August 12, 2016, 01:58:47 AM

Too much on my plate at the moment. As much as I love modding RimWorld, I don't have the time to dedicate to updating and maintaining the mods. Any free time I get, though, I'm spending working on A15, so hopefully it's completely stable and balanced.
Who could blame you. I haven't done it myself, but from the sounds of it, modding is a PITA due to a number of factors, which I just read, today actually, another modder list as his reasons for also leaving the RimWorld modding scene. Seems like a shame that could be avoided.

Thank you for all your hard work.

cuproPanda

Quote from: H8ff0000 on August 12, 2016, 02:43:08 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on August 12, 2016, 01:58:47 AM

Who could blame you. I haven't done it myself, but from the sounds of it, modding is a PITA due to a number of factors, which I just read, today actually, another modder list as his reasons for also leaving the RimWorld modding scene. Seems like a shame that could be avoided.

Thank you for all your hard work.

If you mean the Combat Realism dev, I disagree, but my mods aren't as complex as their mod, so I haven't experienced the same issues. There are snags here and there, but I'm modding a game, not working on it directly. I don't plan on staying gone, but I do need to take some time off to focus on all the stuff I've got going on, including making my own game. One of the reasons I like RimWorld as much as I do, and the main reason why I play it and mod it so much is because it's very similar to the one I've been working on. It's a double-edged sword, though; I spend too much time looking at the finished product, and not enough time focusing on the WIP one. I have learned a lot, though, and I have seen what works and what I'll do differently.