[A13] LED Lights - V 1.4 (14/4/2016)

Started by Loki88, June 28, 2015, 02:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Real Poll for Now

isistoy

<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Loki88

Added a poll to try and figure out how I did with balancing this mod. Let me know!

Cheers!

LustrousWolf

Are they under the walls? Or on the side of the walls? O.o

Also seems like a great mod, cant wait to use :D

Loki88

Quote from: LustrousWolf on July 02, 2015, 09:06:41 AM

They were originally under the walls because the textures made them look weird at first. They are now above everything so they look like they're on the ceiling. Thanks for the reminder to update that line in the OP though ;)

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Loki88 on July 02, 2015, 09:42:59 AM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on July 02, 2015, 09:06:41 AM

They were originally under the walls because the textures made them look weird at first. They are now above everything so they look like they're on the ceiling. Thanks for the reminder to update that line in the OP though ;)

Hahaha, sure np man ;)

cuproPanda

I really like the new texture! The height is a bit weird looking in the pic (intersecting with console), but aside from making a floor LED and a roof LED there isn't much to do. 1 silver and 1W is totally balanced, LEDs are very small and efficient.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Loki88

Quote from: cuproPanda on July 03, 2015, 01:52:45 AM
I really like the new texture! The height is a bit weird looking in the pic (intersecting with console), but aside from making a floor LED and a roof LED there isn't much to do. 1 silver and 1W is totally balanced, LEDs are very small and efficient.

Unfortunately if a building is set to buildingTall these will clip through them :( we need a ceiling layer. Thank you for your balance feedback, I wanted them to be a bit costly to build but have almost non existent power usage ( I have an LED at home that uses 0.03 watts at 110 volts )

skyarkhangel

Good work Lokki. Like your old style led ropes :D I'll take them in modpack for 1.8 version with credits.

Loki88

Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 03, 2015, 12:47:02 PM
Good work Lokki. Like your old style led ropes :D I'll take them in modpack for 1.8 version with credits.

First modpack  8)

mipen

These look so good!! Just wondering, what does the CCL version do differently? Let you change the colours once they are built? Anyways, amazing work, they look so amazing! And a great alternative to having an ugly lightbulb just randomly sitting on the floor

Loki88

Quote from: mipen on July 04, 2015, 02:28:33 AM
These look so good!! Just wondering, what does the CCL version do differently? Let you change the colours once they are built? Anyways, amazing work, they look so amazing! And a great alternative to having an ugly lightbulb just randomly sitting on the floor

Yep.  :) It also cleans up the menu a bit and makes it so you don't have to demolish them if you decide you want to change it to another colour.

Loki88

I'm not 100% sure if the CCL version is A11b compatible or not because of how .dll heavy CCL itself is.

Loki88

It seems from the poll that everyone thinks this is more or less balanced so for now I will leave the balance as is. The idea being they're expensive to get and cheap to maintain, sort of like IRL LED lights.

Loki88

A12 update (finally)

Added an LED lamp as well as an LED grow lamp.

Will add pictures of the lamps tonight after work if I can remember my imgur login  :-\

I'm currently on A12c so I can't verify if this is bug free on A12d. If someone who has the updated version can give it a shot and let me know it would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Cheers!

Topper

I see 3 files to download..which file does what? Also I am getting a shadow error at loadup with the roplights but not the LED file.