[A13] LED Lights - V 1.4 (14/4/2016)

Started by Loki88, June 28, 2015, 02:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Real Poll for Now

Gfurst

This mod seems like pure awesomes, the solution to efficient and long hallways lighting.
Is it working with the new version? And hopefully we will see an update soon.

v1.5 CCL - Alpha 14 Update with CCL Color Selection

I haven't seen Loki88 in a while and I wanted to make it CCL compatible for A14.

Attached is v1.5 for CCL v0.14.0+ (A14).

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

kaptain_kavern

harpo99999

binary, thanks for the update, was not going to start a game in a14 till this among other mods were updated

Gfurst

Quote from: 1000101 on August 03, 2016, 04:32:15 PM
I haven't seen Loki88 in a while and I wanted to make it CCL compatible for A14.

Awesome, thanks a lot, lets hope he doesn't get mad.

wisco

daz84uk

Just an assumption but I guess 1000101 might update for A15 like he did with A14. But I don't think that will happen until CCL gets updated.

Deimos Rast

Shouldn't be too hard to get the base (i.e. non-CCL) version working with A15. That would mean you'd have to deconstruct the lights to change color though.

Edit:
I updated it to A15. All credit for the mod belongs to Loki88. All blame for errors belongs to Deimos Rast (and I'm not just saying that).
- I made a second version (mainly for myself), which simplifies the research requirements. It consolidates 3 techs into one and it no longer requires the High Tech research bench. If you want that version, the second link is for you (it'll say SIMPLE).
- Tested both versions in game, works fine, although they could be brighter (something else I'll probably change in my personal version).
- See included Changelog for details.

Issues:
- Placing two different colored lights next to each other causes overlapping colors to cancel. There can only be one!

License:
- See OP.

Download:
LED Lights v1.5.1
LED Lights Simple v1.5.1
#StopPluginAbuse

Topper

Thanks Deimos..any desire to update or assimilate the wall lights and sun lamps from Icabod's Advanced Lamps? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6813.0

Deimos Rast

Updated the mod slightly, reverting the power conduit behavior (rope lights now act as conduits again). I talked to Loki88, and he did this originally to prevent the lights from getting all the "power connection" lines which look ugly. I think it's a clever idea, and would never have thought of it.

Also, and this is important! I had to rename the mod folder and mod name (removing the version from the title) otherwise every time I do a version increase, the game would register it as a new mod. However, since I made this change now, that means with this update, if you are using the previous version, this version will be registered as a new mod by the game! Everything under the hood is the exact same, but you have to disable the old one and enable the new one. YOU WILL GET A MOD MISMATCH WARNING ON LOADING A SAVE. You can ignore it. I tested it and it loaded fine. This is a one time inconvenience.

If you're not convinced, backup your save first (should probably do that regularly anyway when installing mods) or stick with the old one, as the changes were minor.

You'll still see the version in the About.xml and Changelog.txt and in the Archive when you download it, but the folder will just be "LED Lights [A15]" and that's what it'll show ingame (as opposed to LED Lights 1.5, since we're now at v1.5.1).

Cheers.

LED Lights v1.5.1
LED Lights Simple v1.5.1
#StopPluginAbuse

daz84uk

Any chance anyone would consider updating this to A16?

cucumpear

Quote from: daz84uk on December 30, 2016, 07:07:13 PM
Any chance anyone would consider updating this to A16?

I'm working on it with Loki's blessing. Not sure how long it's going to take since I'm starting over from scratch and not everything is going to be exactly the same.
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

daz84uk

Ok, thanks. Looking forward to trying out your version.

cucumpear

The A16 version is now available here and will be up on Steam shortly.
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear