[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Updated dermal regenerator to remove a redundant recipe file, also fixed the heal counter only going to 50% in the info panel.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Zapp Brannigan

I don't understand why everyone is having issues with the scarfix, I have multiple mods installed, simply select my scar covered colonist, right click the machine, and pick use. The bills tab does nothing, this is known, and if you have console enabled it will also through up an error, saying missing file, however it works WITHOUT the bills tab. Only thing that I think is that it actually takes too long. I've had 2 colonists have mental breaks and 1 starve to death after putting them in the machine, straight after waking up and feeding them. I think the main issue is that the "scanning" process takes too long, currently it takes just as long to scan as it does to treat. Scanning should be about half the time it is taking. Other than that, it seems very balanced. It doesn't fix other issues such has bad back or cataracts (I wish it did >_<) or even current injuries, so for a scar fixer it is balanced apart from the time taken.

skullywag

haha you currently have to prepare your colonist quite well for it to work, but i may reduce the times down a little so its not so brutal, other machines for other injuries are coming.

darkrage000

is there any system/code in the Dermal Regenerator that does partial healing, or tracks how much healing has been done?
for instance, i send a colonist into the generator, he spends some time in there and starts to get stressed and gets to t point of breaking.. can i stop the process, send him off to get better (mentally/food/sleep), then come back to finish it later?

skullywag

at the moment no, ill lower the time for now, or try to almost crypto freeze pawns in it, leave it with me.

Malaras

The13thRonin

What's the point of the storage stuff? It doesn't seem to store any extra stuff per tile and most of it is beauty -1?

skullywag

it was nothing more than a variety thing before, the next update incoming has MD2 DSU like storage...:)

Ouan

I have a question about the Dermal Regen machine. Will it be possible to fix your pets skin with it in the future? On my first totally vanilla colony, my poor monkey pet that I started off with had about five scars (he was OLD). I do not know if there is currently a way to perform surgeries to remove cataracts etc, or if there will be the need to a separate vet mod for A12
Damn Pirates!

skullywag

ha i spotted the same thing in my game, ill look into it, cant promise anything but ill see whats possible, the issue i forsee is you can make your animals go somewhere apart from using the area system.....actually that might even just work you know...

Do an experiment for me, put a dermal reg down and make an allowed animal area on the centre cell, see what the machine does (dont do this in a save game...it might break).

Ouan

Will do Skullywag. Just a question, do your mods work for the current version? They still say A11b at the top of the thread.

Edit: I DLed the mod and put it on my old colony. Then could not place the Dermal Regenerator. Same deal for a new world. I do not know if there was a change between A11b and A12 for placing objects, but it will not let me place it even for testing purposes.
Damn Pirates!

harpo99999

I have tried the dermal regenerator in an a12 game, and while no errors show, when the regenerator is built it disappears at the completion of the building

mcduff

AHare

Quote from: mcduff on August 29, 2015, 08:02:16 AM
Has anyone tried the storage buildings on A12?
They work, but there are constant errors in the log about not being able to get the VolumePerUnit, but it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue.

skullywag

i have not updated the releases yet, im still play testing some stuff, i have A12 compatible versions of all my mods but im making some little changes here and there and dont want to effect anyones save games until im done. A12s gonna be here for a while so now is the time im choosing to spend the time getting them right, it shouldnt be long now.