[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinguin42

Are these mods active? The link to the github only shows 2 downloads for the source code?

Canute

Yep, the author is a bit lazy to labeled archiv's corect, and mosttimes the mod don't got a special .dll then the mod itself is the source too.

Download the source code, thats all you need.

skullywag

Im a bit lazy with what? Canute, you really need to watch your wording.

Git did exactly what i told it to, its not like im dealing with 100s of Mbs of data here, to add another zipped archive is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Just hit "source code" to download the mod, simples.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Lethe

Better Coolers doesn't seem to play nice when added to existing game. The texture changes perfectly fine, but it's made to be placed on a pre-existing wall. My fridges suddenly had a lack of walls and I couldn't get my pawn to build it. I placed the structure (wall) then right click to force them to do it now and it simply wasn't an option.

I guess a solution for this could be to delete and re-add every cooler you have. Figured I'd give heads up to anyone reading. Perhaps you could include a warning by it, Skully?

skullywag

Yep unfortunately youd have to replace all coolers, nothing i can do about that, they are very different buildings after the edits.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Lethe on February 19, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
Better Coolers doesn't seem to play nice when added to existing game. The texture changes perfectly fine, but it's made to be placed on a pre-existing wall. My fridges suddenly had a lack of walls and I couldn't get my pawn to build it. I placed the structure (wall) then right click to force them to do it now and it simply wasn't an option.

I guess a solution for this could be to delete and re-add every cooler you have. Figured I'd give heads up to anyone reading. Perhaps you could include a warning by it, Skully?

Perhaps adding the miniaturisation mod would help? You could then uninstall the coolers, build the walls, then reinstall the coolers. Maybe??

skullywag

no its the issue of this mod replacing vanilla coolers. One doesnt sit on walls the other does, so when you remove the vanilla cooler and replace with these you end up with coolers in position but NOT on a wall (as vanilla coolers ARE walls). Its an easy dev mode fix and a slightly longer no dev mode fix, just deconstruct and replace.

pinguin42

I had an oddity with the lighting mod. About a 3 (real life) hours into my current playthrough I noticed I was unable to build more ceiling lights, even though I had steel available. Upon further investigation I found that it now took 4 sandstone blocks to build ceiling lights, which I didn't have. It only affected the ceiling lights, not wall or path lights. Reloading a previous autosave did not change anything, reloading a previous hard save did not change anything. Since I had no sandstone on my map I quit to OS and restarted the game. Now both the autosave and the hardsave load up fine and ceiling lights cost 15 steel again. I'm running 50+ mods, so I'm guessing there's a conflict somewhere, but I was playing with the dev mode on and there was no error log pop-up. I have not been able to reproduce the bug.

Another minor comment about the lights mod; while you are able to put ceiling lights over/above other furniture, you cannot first build a ceiling light and then put furniture underneath it. The furniture will show the red outline like it would if you wanted to place it on a wall or another piece of furniture.

SpaceDorf

Dear Mr. Skullywag,

since I enjoy your Enhanced Storage Mod so much, there is one thing about it, that antagonizes me tremendously.
As you know the Advanced Storage Furniture works best when set to a single Item Type but soon after their construction the Hauling Class feels compelled to put random Items in the Storage Units.
To prevent them from such misconduct that unwillingly doubles their workload,
please consider to disallow all storable items as a default or the hauling Priority below normal.

Sincerely, 

a concerned Citizen of the Mountainhomes.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skullywag

Theres an update incoming that will address this, it involves a "locking" mechanism where the storage will "lock" to the 1st item it receives and wont accept any others in the allowed list until its empty again. For example, you have a basket set to ALL meat allowed, usually your guys might fill slot A with chicken meat and slot B might get some Boar meat, this obviously gums up the system, in the new version once the chicken meat was added it will lock to chicken meat only and not accept the others (the UI will still show the allowed types), once that chicken meat was removed and it was empty it will then allow any meats again.

SpaceDorf

Awesome :) I am looking forward to this, thanks for replying ..

it still would be cool for pallets and fabric hampers to have them preconfigured to no input .. because it is still annoying if I built a pallet for granite bricks near my construction site just to find out some idiot filled it with hops or wood ..

Also it is less clicks to enable one or two items, then to disable 500 .. then do the same ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Erazil

hi, i post for share my french translation work of Dermal Regenerator
i have translated the DermalRegenerator.dll too for the french gamer can be use this nice mod without the localization hard-coded trouble.

@skullywag I made this modification for a personal use originally because I find it sad that this mod can only work on the English version of the game, if my works on the .dll file you displeased, do not hesitate deleted this post, and i present you my sincere apology for having modified your code without first asking you.
I'm not a developer and this is the first time I've compiled something in c #, I only edit the texts for the location.
I added a zip file with the sources of my modification.
You can use my work to integrate it to your mod (after all it's more your work than mine ;) ).

Dermal Regenerator French Fix

for french :
mon travaille fonctionne avec la version en cour le 23/02/17 toute mise a jour du .dll après cette date le rendra obsolète.
ATTENTION : ceci est un patch vous aurai toujours besoin d'installer le mod Dermal Regeneration et n'est utile que si vous jouer avec le jeu en français, si vous jouer avec le jeu en anglais ce patch va casser le fonctionnement du mod.

pour l installation

il vous suffis de copier les répertoire de mon zip dans les emplacements adéquate du mod, je vous conseil de renommé le fichier  DermalRegenerator.dll original (en DermalRegenerator.dll-org par exemple) avants de copier le mien dans le répertoire "Assemblies".

il faut aussi corriger une erreur de typo sur le mot cicatrice dans un fichier de localisation de rimworld

Erreur de Typo sur le mot cicatrice
Fichier : \Core\Languages\French\DefInjected\HediffDefs\Hediffs_Local_Injuries.xml
Ligne : 90

Original

<Bite.comps.2.oldLabel>cicactrice de morsure</Bite.comps.2.oldLabel>

Corrigé

<Bite.comps.2.oldLabel>cicatrice de morsure</Bite.comps.2.oldLabel>

Les Ténèbres Sont le Début et la Fin de Toutes Chose

skullywag

Languages are something i need to figure out for that mod, due to the way it works id have to keep adding the words as i am told them. There is no way in the code to ascertain what is a scar bar from the words themselves. I have no issue with this other version existing until I can figure out a better solution.

In other news:

https://github.com/Skullywag/ExtendedStorage/releases/tag/ExtendedStorage1.14
auto lock stacking is now in plus some new textures from Eldvarg, My thanks to you both!

Erazil

ok, I do not want to publish it anywhere else here, I will just post a post on the topic steam of your mod to warn the francophone that there is a temporary fix the time you find a better solution :)

thx for your work :)
Les Ténèbres Sont le Début et la Fin de Toutes Chose

Flipside

I'd like to echo the issue reported by pinguin42, but with an addendum: after restarting the game, the build cost of the ceiling light returns to 15 steel, but so does the cost of the sandstone floor tile (which is normally 4 sandstone blocks).  To test for conflicts, I started a new colony with Additional Lighting as the only mod activated.  The build cost of sandstone tile was 15 steel.  It seems the cost of each item is struggling for dominance.