[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote from: Lupin III on April 09, 2017, 07:44:53 AM
That's a bad idea. As soon as you increase the priority they will start carrying stuff from other stockpiles all over the map with now lower priority to this one. That's not something you want (if you wanted it, you would have set the priority higher in the first place).

Nah that shouldnt happen. Ok it can happen, when your setup stockpiles got important priority.
But empty storages should have a prefered priority, and filled one important. So you still have critical for your focused stockpiles.

Quantum storage works different then skullys storages.
QT only works with standard stacksize, and hover stack over another stack, like when you kill raider on a narrow way and then you got a 1x1 with tons of corpse and objects.
Skully storages delete the items from the input and output and create a new stack with the combine amout at the output.

Dr_Zhivago

Not sure if you look at steam so I'll post this here too.

Could you consider amending your xml defs and adding something like this?

<defaultStorageSettings>
<priority>Important</priority>
</defaultStorageSettings>

Underneath the "fixed storage settings" in the defs. So that way once the storage rack is built, haulers won't immediately fill it with assorted items?

Ruisuki

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 11, 2017, 02:10:29 PM
^wouldnt hauling hysterics help with that?

I'll give it a look. Haven't tried it. I just edited the files myself to include those lines though.

Edit: Looked at it. My problem is not about refilling so much as that I don't want the storage containers to be filled with random junk, directly after it is built. So basically I want it to be built with everything being "red x" and then check mark the items I want in it, after it is built.

pahvi67

Is there any kind of fix for multi-colony-limitless-storage bug yet?

skullywag

Quote from: pahvi67 on April 11, 2017, 03:34:26 PM
Is there any kind of fix for multi-colony-limitless-storage bug yet?

Youre going to have to elaborate on this, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ruisuki

I believe he means this
Quote from: FrozenSnowFox on March 12, 2017, 04:57:54 AM
It seems Extended Storage is a bit broken if you have more than 1 colony.  The colony you aren't viewing will have multiple items stack on a single storage spot into the thousands with no limit.

pahvi67

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 12, 2017, 06:30:52 AM
I believe he means this
Quote from: FrozenSnowFox on March 12, 2017, 04:57:54 AM
It seems Extended Storage is a bit broken if you have more than 1 colony.  The colony you aren't viewing will have multiple items stack on a single storage spot into the thousands with no limit.

Yes that's what I mean. Feels a bit cheaty to say the least.

skullywag

arghhhhh I found it, will fix for A17.

List<Thing> list = (
                        from t in Find.VisibleMap.thingGrid.ThingsAt(this.inputSlot)

Find.VisibleMap is wrong should be map the reference.

shadowstitch

Your port of Latta's vents doesn't appear to include Redistheat's functionality to open/close the vents manually. Is this intentional, or just something that didn't make the transition? Would you consider adding that functionality back in, if possible?

Also, I found it was easy enough to replace the <costlist> in your BetterVents with a <coststuffcount> to make stuffed vents an option. I don't think this has any consequences that I've seen thus far. Thanks!

faltonico

Hello!
I got this error when placing a "Tac-Team Peaked Cap" (i can't remember if that is from aparello or fashionrimsta) in a Clothing Rack.
shouldnt be here
Verse.Log:Error(String)
ExtendedStorage.Building_ExtendedStorage:TryMoveItem()
ExtendedStorage.Building_ExtendedStorage:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Image attached.

EDIT:
actually it is happening with anything i put in all the other kinds of racks.
I'm using stack XXL if that helps.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Canute

Like skully mention a few postings before, this error is just a debug msg. from his mod, ignore it it will be removed in a further release.

skullywag

Yep its debug.

And vents and coolers are simply a aesthetic change, I dont like vanillas blocky versions and preferred Lattas versions, so I asked him if i could simply use his textures, I did some stuff for "on wall" placement etc but its mainly just for the looks. I wont be doing anything further than that.

SpaceDorf

Hi Skully,

I think your wooden pallets should not drop scrap metal when destroyed.

This could be, if one was inclined to such misbehavior, exploited as wood to metal conversion.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skullywag

heh, will address, thanks. Hangup from making em stuffed i guess.