[1.3] Glass&Lights Last Update: [8/13/21]

Started by jacob814, August 06, 2015, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob814

Although I did take a look at his mod, I decided against integration. I do however have integration with a mod called expanded roofing. Highly suggest checking it out.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: jacob814 on February 23, 2018, 12:25:48 PM
Although I did take a look at his mod, I decided against integration. I do however have integration with a mod called expanded roofing. Highly suggest checking it out.

I second this. Nothing against dubs work, and holy crap is it fantastic, but his Skylights mod has really been outdone. With Expanded Roofing, you can now build skylights, solar panels into the roofs, and also THICK ROOFS! This means you are essentially as protected as you would be if you dug into a mountain. No more drop pods crashing through into the middle of your base. I want to say this should protect against tornadoes, too, but I have not had the chance yet to check.

Ruisuki

Hm that seems OP. With no threat of infestation, drop pods or, if it turns out, tornadoes the thick roof option seems a bit much for me. I do like the solar panel roofing idea though.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 23, 2018, 06:43:11 PM
Hm that seems OP. With no threat of infestation, drop pods or, if it turns out, tornadoes the thick roof option seems a bit much for me. I do like the solar panel roofing idea though.

You do realize you can achieve all of this by having your base in a mountain, besides the infestation? One method you are forced to mine into the mountain then you have all of these protections, versus the other method requires you to research these technologies, and then have to spend extra resources constructing these thick stone roofs. Also, with the "no threat of infestation" some people actually don't like them, and I turn mine off. I've got 200+ events/incidents anyway, so I won't miss just one ;)

One more thing: if anyone uses RF - Smooth Stone Walls, you can prevent infestations this way when you tunnel into a mountain if you don't want to have to put up new additional walls.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 23, 2018, 06:52:19 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 23, 2018, 06:43:11 PM

You do realize you can achieve all of this by having your base in a mountain, besides the infestation? One method you are forced to mine into the mountain then you have all of these protections, versus the other method requires you to research these technologies, and then have to spend extra resources constructing these thick stone roofs. Also, with the "no threat of infestation" some people actually don't like them, and I turn mine off. I've got 200+ events/incidents anyway, so I won't miss just one ;)

One more thing: if anyone uses RF - Smooth Stone Walls, you can prevent infestations this way when you tunnel into a mountain if you don't want to have to put up new additional walls.
Thats what im saying theres no threat there. Plus you get solar panels on roof so Im probably gonna pass on that one for now.

fieldarchy

hey everyone,

I downloaded the glass and lights mod today from github and installed it into the mods folder. Upon launch of the game, I got the error message that the mod version and my game version are incompatible but I have the most recent release of the game 18.1722 and the mod says it has been updated for 18.1.

I have uninstalled the mod and then reinstalled 3 times. I even played around with the mod order to no avail.

So I am at a loss.

Any help?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

It is because the modauthor didn't follow the filestructure for mod-archives.
Open the Glass&Lights folder, and inside you find another Glass&Lights folder, move this one at the mods.

Call me Arty

Hey, I've been using this mod since A17 and enjoy it a lot. I'm just leaving this comment here for the discussion and update (I've got the Steam version).
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

jacob814

@Canute Forguve me for my absence, althought I strive to keep this mod up to date, I am quite busy atm. As soon as I get back from my trip in August, ill have this mod updated to the most recent version of rimworld. I do believe the steam version is up to date though
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

ultra4

I absolutely adored this mod in B18 (but i fiddled with it, so it used Rainbeau's Fertile Fields "sand" instead of rocks, you can crush rocks into sand in that mod, but also extract it from several terraforming jobs), so i loved making huge glass greenhouses in the desert (yes glass walls and also "expanded roof" transparent roof (also edited to use "glass" in addition to steel)

What can i say, having no glass manufacturing has made my B19 base so dumb and ugly...

it's like... what's the point in having huge neutroamine flower plantation (VG) when the walls of made of rock ??!?! :-\ can't look at that ugly stuff !!!    :o

...plus trying to run the b18 version in b19 breaks the game in the funniest way, pawns can no longer have joy... at all... that's how i feel too   :'(

Treason5240

Umm...you know there's a 19 version on steam, right?

ultra4

it has a non-steam link.... which is great. It's for B18 which is not

Would be very grateful for a non-steam B19 working link

Canute

Treason5240,
we are at the forum here, we wan't non-steam download or that mod don't exist ! :-)

jacob814

Updated to B19. Power requirements for lights now are similar to vannila requirements. Japanese Translation also updated.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights