[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

@rawrfisher; yeah, I could do that, and it would actually make some sense. I can't do that in the current release though, as it would best case cause weirdness in work priorities, and worst case corrupt savegames. (vanilla relies on the order of defs for saving).

rawrfisher

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 06, 2018, 02:46:38 PM
@rawrfisher; yeah, I could do that, and it would actually make some sense. I can't do that in the current release though, as it would best case cause weirdness in work priorities, and worst case corrupt savegames. (vanilla relies on the order of defs for saving).

Makes sense
How about for next big release?

Medical Tab :: Capacity CoolantPumping does not have any bodyPartTags associated with it.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
Fluffy.CapacityUtility:.cctor()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(IntPtr)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(RuntimeTypeHandle)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:<DoPlayLoad>m__2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Just a minor footnote reguarding medical tab and android teirs.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

BlackSmokeDMax

If you are considering changing some priorities around in the next big version, I have a suggestion.

In advanced mode, I'd love to see butchering ahead of cooking meals. More likely to have meat ready to go to cook. This is much more important pre-electricity when you don't have coolers and want to make sure meat gets used ASAP.

Right now I get by with setting butchering higher than cooking meals, which of course is the point of advanced mode, but it'd be nice to not need it for cooking. Plus once you start setting that ahead it causes a bit of a cascade of re-setting other priorities.

Now that we no longer need to "butcher forever" (the "do until you have..." now works correctly in vanilla), it makes more sense to have your butchering done before cooking.

Not super important of course, just something for you to consider!

rawrfisher

Well if waiting till 1.0 maybe get feedback from people on what jobs should be moved around.
Professional jerk

Canute

You still can use WorkTab mod, to give managing higher priority then researching.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

Fluffy (l2032)

@rarwfisher, re: CoolantPumping warning. That's more of a warning for the author of that mod. MedicalTab relies on naming standards to associate capacities with 'bodyPartTags'. For example, the capacity BloodPumping will have the associated tag "BloodPumpingSource". If medical tab can't find tags for a capacity, that means it can't give suggestions for implants of bodyparts related to that capacity, because it won't know which body parts are related in the first place.

I'd love to do this in a more intelligent way, but because these are all hard-coded, there's no way to figure out which parts affect which capacities other than naming conventions.

@everyone, re: (natural) work priorities. I understand your concerns, and I also often set butchering ahead of cooking. I am however not keen on changing vanilla priorities. Basically, it's feature creep. Work Tab is supposed to be a UI mod that has no direct effect on game play, and is not opinionated. Everyone can use it, regardless of what other mods you use.

I can see a place for a mod that changes some vanilla priorities (in fact, there are several), but that should be a separate mod.

As for managing, that's a different matter, as it is already a modded worktype. I will probably change it to be ahead of researching for the next patch (you may have to remind me :P).

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 06, 2018, 05:29:36 PM
@rarwfisher, re: CoolantPumping warning. That's more of a warning for the author of that mod. MedicalTab relies on naming standards to associate capacities with 'bodyPartTags'. For example, the capacity BloodPumping will have the associated tag "BloodPumpingSource". If medical tab can't find tags for a capacity, that means it can't give suggestions for implants of bodyparts related to that capacity, because it won't know which body parts are related in the first place.

I'd love to do this in a more intelligent way, but because these are all hard-coded, there's no way to figure out which parts affect which capacities other than naming conventions.

@everyone, re: (natural) work priorities. I understand your concerns, and I also often set butchering ahead of cooking. I am however not keen on changing vanilla priorities. Basically, it's feature creep. Work Tab is supposed to be a UI mod that has no direct effect on game play, and is not opinionated. Everyone can use it, regardless of what other mods you use.

I can see a place for a mod that changes some vanilla priorities (in fact, there are several), but that should be a separate mod.

As for managing, that's a different matter, as it is already a modded worktype. I will probably change it to be ahead of researching for the next patch (you may have to remind me :P).

Good point about vanilla. Perhaps I'll make a suggestion for the vanilla game for my butchering ahead of cooking request. I'll likely copy/paste much of my post :)

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on September 05, 2018, 11:13:06 AM
Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on September 05, 2018, 10:42:00 AM
eta on some of the mod updates to b19 ?

They've all been ready since June :)  (of course with many changes since then)

Seriously though, yep they are all ready. You can get them on Workshop or get them from the github links on the first post.

Which does bring up one question for Fluffy...

Are you going to put the "Pharmacist" mod in that table in the first post at some point? Right now you have to find the link within this thread or, and more easily, browse to it via github.

edit: May also want to change your first post title from 1.0 to B19.
Stack Merger says b 18
Stuffed Floors - b 18
Architect Sense - b 18

or are thease not needed any more ?

Canute

Stack Merger is vanilla thing now.

The other 2 arn't updated yet (on github).

Mistrornge

Fluffy,
I am running B19 2017 and have been seeing some weird behavior from some of your mods.  I spent a few hours narrowing the faults down to the following mods:
Medical Tab for v0.19.2009 (the current iteration I believe) will only show up with a single pawn and the pawn type selector cannot be changed.
Colony Manager for v0.19.2009 (again recent update) causes a save load to go directly to the world map and will not allow you to see or select anything on the map (including going to your own colony).  Only workable tabs on the bottom of the world map are History and Menu.  All others are blank.

I love your mods so I find it hard to play without them.  If you need any further info please ask.

rawrfisher

2017 is the unstable version ment for generateing translations of the game
That version currently is unsupported as we just got a new stable.  Please switch out of betas to get the mods to work again
Tynan said that the mods just need to be recompiled to work tho
Professional jerk

Mistrornge

Oh I didn't realize that.  Thanks for the heads up.

Fluffy (l2032)

Yeah, the 0.19.2017 versions moved some translation related functions around, which means any mods that show any localized text need to recompile. The problem is that we can't keep multiple versions around, and the two are mutually incompatible, so for now at least, you're stuck on 0.19.2009.

rawrfisher

https://git.io/fAKDq
Fluffy do you notice anything odd in this output log?

Main reason I'm posting it is I managed to break blueprints 8)
Professional jerk