[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maculator

Thanks. Unfortunatly it doesn't seem to be a conflict, its the mod itself.
I went to the github right after posting and saw the issue too.
I gave it a shot and went back version per version until the expanded shedule wasn't even implemented and didn't find a working one, strange. That was my last hope.
They're all horizontaly and without color.
Guess I'll move a few meters closer to the screen and shedule some more time for setting up my worktab until fluffy is back from vacation.

Edit:
Since I'll have to wait a while anyways I'll just drop the next question right away:
It says in the description of Worktab that other mods altering the work behaviour might be incompatible. It didn't give a warning for the following mods so can I asume they're save to use?
-Hand Me that Brick
-Priority Treatment
-Quality Builder
-Quality Surgeon
-Redacted Work Priorities
(Obviously I tested the different versions of Work Tab in a fresh install WITHOUT those mods!)
They all alter the priority but I guess after rethinking the whole thing they're a possible source of trouble later :S

sirgzu

My memory could be lying but I think there used to be horizontal scrolling because I remember editing the values in the boxes instead of scrolling when trying to use the mouse middle button to scroll the work tab...

Boundir

Quote from: sirgzu on August 28, 2017, 03:53:50 PM
I'm getting an error on the Hunting Tab of the colony manager (see https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/ColonyManager/issues/90 )
Did you try with only this mod? It must be a conflict with another mod. Try to find it.

Quote from: maculator on August 29, 2017, 07:39:37 AM
Thanks. Unfortunatly it doesn't seem to be a conflict, its the mod itself.
I went to the github right after posting and saw the issue too.
I gave it a shot and went back version per version until the expanded shedule wasn't even implemented and didn't find a working one, strange. That was my last hope.
They're all horizontaly and without color.
Guess I'll move a few meters closer to the screen and shedule some more time for setting up my worktab until fluffy is back from vacation.

Edit:
Since I'll have to wait a while anyways I'll just drop the next question right away:
It says in the description of Worktab that other mods altering the work behaviour might be incompatible. It didn't give a warning for the following mods so can I asume they're save to use?
-Hand Me that Brick
-Priority Treatment
-Quality Builder
-Quality Surgeon
-Redacted Work Priorities
(Obviously I tested the different versions of Work Tab in a fresh install WITHOUT those mods!)
They all alter the priority but I guess after rethinking the whole thing they're a possible source of trouble later :S

Did you use CTRL + Click? There is no more vertical thing as far as I know. But you can expend only the category you want. Like Doctor by ctrl clicking.
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 07, 2017, 05:54:33 PM
Just so we're all clear on this, ctrl-click a work column header to expand/collapse the individual jobs.

maculator

^Thanks
But stil, it's complicated.
You start with this:

And then you hunt down all the headers to end up with this:

When the video has it like this (wich looks far more superior):

Boundir

In fact, you start with this then expend what you need to specify.

It's better this way imo, because of less infos on the screen. If you only need to specify Doctor or Grow you don't want to see the extensive Haul works. I never used that part of the mod in the previous version.
Too much information for me. And didn't want a torticolis either. But the colors were nice, I give you that :)

maculator

I played Dwarf Fortress and I just LOVE micromanaging. And The Worktab is a musthave mod for me. So after this little chat I now know that I can expand single categories from the main tab and to end this all and come to an conclusion I just want to say: The mod works as advertised and the only thing left thats bothering me is that the titles overlap and you have to read the tooltips. I don't need colors (they look nice), but I'd wish for the tiles to be vertically written.
I much rather had the window block 102% of my screen than desorting that clutter.

sirgzu

I didn't know you could filter columns in that version! Sounds awesome :) how does it work?

Canute

Try to read the tooltip when you move the mouse over the columne topic ! :-)

maculator

Quote from: Canute on August 30, 2017, 03:05:54 AM

Obviously that is what you have to do. But I don't get why the old system was changed.
I mean: Colored columns with readable labels > Tooltips after sniping a topc

sirgzu

Quote from: maculator on August 30, 2017, 05:04:21 AM
Quote from: Canute on August 30, 2017, 03:05:54 AM

Obviously that is what you have to do. But I don't get why the old system was changed.
I mean: Colored columns with readable labels > Tooltips after sniping a topc
Because I play on a laptop (small screen) with a great many mods the worktab is soo cramped I didn't even bother trying to hover over anything, I just assumed it was downright unusable. I'm just going to have to randomly hide about half the columns and then only keep the ones I need.
Can you re-enable columns that you've hidden before? I'll give this a shot later anyway.

At any rate that new filtering system should be advertised a bit more openly, perhaps in an in-game alert message like some other mods do?

maculator

"Follow Me" conflicts with "Help Tab" I think. Those are the only mods I use in my playthrough and follow me refuses to work :S

tchiseen

I'm curious to know when the spin-off 'Production' tab from Colony Manager might be available. In the video examples, it looks incredibly useful.

PreDiabetic

is BluePrint mod suppose to forget ALL after exiting game? Then why we name them?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: damngrl on September 13, 2017, 06:35:50 PM
is BluePrint mod suppose to forget ALL after exiting game? Then why we name them?

Is there possibly a way to copy and save them via your operating system, then paste them in for your next game?