[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoala

am I the only one having some trouble using the colony manager on A18?
( I am getting this: Exception from asynchronous event: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for FluffyManager.Utilities ---> System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Int32].Add (System.String key, Int32 value) [0x00171] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:432
  at FluffyManager.Utilities..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at FluffyManager.ManagerTab_Livestock..ctor (FluffyManager.Manager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
)

masterzed

I have this version Rimworld 0.18.1700 rev762 (development build). I need the Manager.

faltonico

@Fluffy
Would you consider making a fork of WorkTab without the scheduler? For what I understand the scheduler is the reason force pawn do job doesn't work, and i really don't use the scheduler (at all).

why_it_is

Quote from: laoala on November 02, 2017, 11:38:25 AM
am I the only one having some trouble using the colony manager on A18?
( I am getting this: Exception from asynchronous event: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for FluffyManager.Utilities ---> System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Int32].Add (System.String key, Int32 value) [0x00171] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:432
  at FluffyManager.Utilities..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FluffyManager.ManagerTab_Livestock..ctor (FluffyManager.Manager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
)

Version 0.18.1.0 is missing: Languages/English/Keyed directory.

I downloaded previous version of manager from https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/ColonyManager/releases and copied Languages/English/Keyed from there and it started and did not crash.

Mistrornge

lude

Hey great mod!
I came here to report an exploit, if a colonist is a constructor and lost both his hands he will still attempt to maintain broken down buildings which seems to do nothing but give massive xp (i only noticed durability decreasing further but i guess i just watched at that tick)

PictoSyaff

Fluffy

Regarding the Worktab Mod (i love it by the way)

would it be possible to actually have a drop down menu on each line to restrict a colonist to a work bench.

Say i have 10 colonists, i would like to restrict 2 to cook, 2 to butcher, 1 to smelt, 1 to cut stone, 3 to tailor etc etc.

I know i can restrict to activity, however if i was able to restrict to an individual bench i feel it would have 2 benefits

Efficiency of work, i could restrict people to bench's near to there bedrooms
Help reduce lag,, rather then searching 6 benches for a cooking job, it checks 1.

I know there is a mod(which i use) that restricts bench to colonist, however i feel restricting colonist to bench would possibly ease late game lag a little.

thoughts?

Nightinggale

Why add new complex code when the same functionality can be gained from using Better Workbench Management?
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

PictoSyaff

Because that's a restriction on a bench, not a restriction on a colonist.

Its like your PC having a password, sure you're the only one who can get on it, but it doesn't stop you going on your phone/tablet.

Cutting down the number of options for a colonist could help relieve end game lag,, especially end game when you have enough man power to have Colonist 1 Butcher Exclusively, Colonist 2 Cook Exclusively.

Restricting them to cooking still gives them many options over many bench's
Restricting them to a designated bench,, could possibly help lag reduction.

I use the Mod you listed by the way, its great :)

Canute

QuoteRestricting them to a designated bench,, could possibly help lag reduction.
Not much, they only look for new work if they don't work, no lag from this side.

Idle hauler/cleaner will cause much more lag.

But the Workbench managment is what you are looking for. A similar allow/disallow selection for each pawn wouldn't realy fit into the Work tab and would need a new window.
And then is the question how do you identify the right workbench if you got mulitple ones.
Like 2 elec. tailoring benches. Sure you can have the same bill at both, or use another mod that allow to rename benches.
But the workbench managment is more elegant in that way.
You can even just need one bench for 2 tailors and just let the one sleep while the other work.

Layd

Could you remove the extra work to increase space. In the screenshot you will understand what I'm talking about. This would free up space for the saved settings as it was before.

p.s. I miss the good old color Work Tab ;)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Nightinggale

Quote from: Layd on November 16, 2017, 04:36:40 PM
Could you remove the extra work to increase space. In the screenshot you will understand what I'm talking about. This would free up space for the saved settings as it was before.
If you mean not showing the jobs if there is only one job in the category, then I disagree with that approach. The resulting issue would be that if you manually open a category and it won't open, then you don't know if it's because the click didn't register or because it only has one job. It's much better to reveal that there is just one job. Also people would complain saying it's a bug that not all categories can open.

What I think you should do instead is read the popup text from hovering over a category. It actually tells how to open and close each category individually and usually you only want to have one or two open. The ability to open all is not particularly useful and adding lots of mods only makes it worse. It's good to be able to close everything with one click though.

I really like the new system. There are mods, which moves jobs to new categories to allow individual priority settings, but this approach is a lot better. It's (often) easy to overview while at the same time it allows more specific control than any other mod.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Der Failer

The latest release of The Birds and the Bees on steam throws a lot of errors.
D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\751049133\Defs\RecipeDefs/Custom_Recipes.xml: root element named RecipeDefs; should be named Defs
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Exception in custom XML loader for Verse.SkillRequirement. Node is:
<li><skill>Crafting</skill><minLevel>7</minLevel></li>

Exception is:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing System.Int32 from "" ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ParseHelper.FromString (System.String str, System.Type itemType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ParseHelper.FromString (System.String str, System.Type itemType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SkillRequirement.LoadDataFromXmlCustom (System.Xml.XmlNode xmlRoot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DirectXmlToObject.ObjectFromXml[SkillRequirement] (System.Xml.XmlNode xmlRoot, Boolean doPostLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ListFromXml(XmlNode)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator2:MoveNext()

Exception while executing PostLoad on null: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.DirectXmlToObject.TryDoPostLoad (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:TryDoPostLoad(Object)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ListFromXml(XmlNode)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator2:MoveNext()

Some more in the full log

Edit: Also the URL in the about file points to the old thread.

DukeAl

Hi,
the mod medical tab keeps throwing errors when said tab is open in dev mode.
"Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at UI/Icons/Medical/Pill in any active mod or in base resources".
When i exit dev mod the console does not open.
No other mods were active at the time.