[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

Research Tree seems to be working now after a quick test. Thanks a bunch for this Fluffy it really is one of my favorite mods.

Fluffy (l2032)

@rarwfisher; not really, none of my mods touch that code.
@proxyer; without looking at it more closely, I think that might be a vanilla translation key, so it should be in the core mod. You can still provide a translation to override it, although it should be provided by the core translation.
@Sixdd; glad to hear that! Would you mind letting me know if you do get any of the 'missing node' errors, and if possible what mod the related research project is from? I'd like to tune in a little bit more on what exactly is going wrong.

Sixdd

I'm not sure what you mean by 'missing node' but if anything crops up I'll be sure to let you know.

rawrfisher

The latest update to the game broke my saves lol
New colonies seem to only be affected by the backstory and the framework bugs.
Gonna have to remove quite a few posts after realizing that annoyance
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Sixdd on August 18, 2018, 12:43:20 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by 'missing node' but if anything crops up I'll be sure to let you know.
If I'm right in what caused the error, you should be seeing one or more "node for research x not found" errors the first time you open the research tab. If you do, please let me know :). Otherwise, I'm glad to hear it's working ok for you now!

@rawrfisher; unstable be unstable :P. Playing an unstable release with mods just adds a few more layers of unstability...

rawrfisher

I'm curious if you know anything about this.

The mod buildable terrain causes my colony wealth to shoot through the roof when its enabled.  Do you have any ideas why?  I got my own guess about it.
Professional jerk

Fluffy (l2032)

@rawrfisher; not really, never played with it.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the game is somehow now counting _all_ terrain as owned by the colony (either the game counts all buildables on the map, whether owned by the player or not, or the mod is incorrectly marking all terrain as owned by the player).

rawrfisher

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 19, 2018, 12:07:17 PM
@rawrfisher; not really, never played with it.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the game is somehow now counting _all_ terrain as owned by the colony (either the game counts all buildables on the map, whether owned by the player or not, or the mod is incorrectly marking all terrain as owned by the player).
Its counting all buildables on the map.  It also counts other factions pawns in the colony wealth too
Professional jerk

Sixdd

@Fluffy Nope haven't seen any of those, all I see when I open the research tab (as far as errors) is just people setting up their research projects disorderly and having redundant prerequisites. So as far as I can tell everything is working great.

Fluffy (l2032)

@rawrfisher; ok.
@sixdd; that's odd, but I'm not going to complain when it works :P

Fluffy (l2032)

I've just made an update for AreaUnlocker, overhauled the manage areas UI a bit, and added a colour picker to change area colours. See github for the release.

Fluffy (l2032)

And an update for Colony Manager; most jobs now have the option of inspecting the assigned designations. As usual, this update is for the pre-release only, so get it on GitHub.

The search icon next to the threshold count now opens a list of assigned designations for the foraging, forestry, hunting and mining jobs. The threshold details can be changed by clicking the threshold label, or the cog icon.

There are a few edge cases with re-building the list of managed designations after loading a game. Sadly, this is not something that is likely ever going to be perfect, as - using the technical term - designations are not LoadReferenceable. Basically, I have no good way to store which designations belong to which jobs (or were assigned manually, so to no job at all). At least now any quirks are visible, which may also make future debugging easier. The list of designations also shows the distance to the target and the expected yield, which may help clear up some confusion about why a particular target was designated.

Chisato

What happened to HelpTab? Will you ever update it for 0.19/1.0?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Chisato on August 23, 2018, 04:53:30 PM

Isn't "NotFood" the modder working on that these days? Haven't checked into the thread recently so I may be remembering incorrectly.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 23, 2018, 05:38:40 PM
Quote from: Chisato on August 23, 2018, 04:53:30 PM

Isn't "NotFood" the modder working on that these days? Haven't checked into the thread recently so I may be remembering incorrectly.

You're correct :). I had some intentions of creating a new one with a different approach (I did help create CCL's help tab that NotFood/Charlotte's HelpTab is built on), but that turned out to be something of a massive undertaking, so I've shelved it for now.