[Mod Request] Atheism mod

Started by MAD GOD, September 17, 2015, 09:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD GOD

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 23, 2015, 08:26:03 PM
Quote from: MAD GOD on September 23, 2015, 08:01:36 PM
Quote from: A Friend on September 22, 2015, 08:36:09 PM
2. Also the lavish meal needing meat is a sort of balancing thing. Removing that would pretty much make meat useless and you could just live off forever on corn with 10+ mood buffs. But that's just my opinion. Dunno how to remove ingredients though.
about balance - vegetarian lavish meal still need 20 ingredients. balanced.

Eh, it still isn't balanced just because the 10 extra ingredients isn't much of a cost for the mood buff. I'll make the mod tho, give me like 10-30 minutes depending on how distracted I get.

Edit: Okay, did it. Meet 'Eat Your Greens' the veggie mod. There's 'fine' and 'lavish' meals made entirely out of raw plant ingredients. I tried to balance it by changing work time to make, joy received, skill required to make them, nutrition value, all slight changes to balance it.

2nd Edit: Much more balanced version, check it out if you want. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15162.msg160281#msg160281

thanx u much
looks like i have all i need

Brigadon

I like how athiests are intolerant of anyone that isn't an Atheist.

I have lots of colonists that never pray. If you don't like it, kill them or give them more joy objects.

Colonists also never seem to pray in barracks.

johiah

Quote from: Brigadon on October 05, 2015, 05:53:38 AM

I have lots of colonists that never pray. If you don't like it, kill them or give them more joy objects.

Colonists also never seem to pray in barracks.
interesting,interesting,interesting. never noticed before. those are all pretty cool and the first one is slightly obvious. =P
"My best warden has no jaw"

Toggle

Quote from: Brigadon on October 05, 2015, 05:53:38 AM

Don't be starting a flamewar here, no no, the mods got enough on their plate.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Ramsis

Hi, I'm a mod and junk; anyways for those wigging out about the whole praying thing I'm just going to smack ya gently and remind you that at this point in history (seeing as RimWorld takes place like a crap ton farther into history) most religions as you know it are dead. Buddhism, Satanism, Christianity, Judaism, etc, all of those are long gone by the time your colonists crash land so any hate you've got for a particular religion nowadays can be kept in your edgy little shorts. We aren't talking about your Grandma's religion here sonny, we're talking religions based around the cults of the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa, my 81 year old colonist with a background in Joywire and who dabbles with being a cold-lover isn't bowing down and praying to Kel' Valiz-do, the great Rim Dragon god who brings candy farts and free technology to those who bow to her. Maybe Chris is sitting there praying to the Farming god Bob, praying that his his 2 skill in growing doesn't cause starvation again this year because he's an idiot.

Just saying, the point of this push is stupid. If you have a beef with religion keep it out of here as your petty Earth religions don't mean squat this far in the future. I mean hell it's a future with telepaths, giant robotic constructions, and entire worlds that literally consume the populace and put them in a giant computer. Nobody cares about deity's like we currently do, it's all flavor and joy based at this time. Tynan has mentioned an interest in looking at different religious ideas for RimWorld though so who knows, maybe you'll make your own by this time next year.

Oh and before I forget, if you idiots keep arguing over religion or keep drowning each other out with your opinions I'm going to start throwing the ban hammer around <3 Just Saiyan
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

ItchyFlea

If you want to discuss religion and such, like what was happening a couple of pages back, take it to the Off-Topic subforum. That's what it's there for.

However, from this point forward, please stay on topic. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

johiah

Quote from: Ramsis on October 05, 2015, 09:44:29 AM
Hi, I'm a mod and junk; anyways for those wigging out about the whole praying thing I'm just going to smack ya gently and remind you that at this point in history (seeing as RimWorld takes place like a crap ton farther into history) most religions as you know it are dead. Buddhism, Satanism, Christianity, Judaism, etc, all of those are long gone by the time your colonists crash land so any hate you've got for a particular religion nowadays can be kept in your edgy little shorts. We aren't talking about your Grandma's religion here sonny, we're talking religions based around the cults of the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa, my 81 year old colonist with a background in Joywire and who dabbles with being a cold-lover isn't bowing down and praying to Kel' Valiz-do, the great Rim Dragon god who brings candy farts and free technology to those who bow to her. Maybe Chris is sitting there praying to the Farming god Bob, praying that his his 2 skill in growing doesn't cause starvation again this year because he's an idiot.

Just saying, the point of this push is stupid. If you have a beef with religion keep it out of here as your petty Earth religions don't mean squat this far in the future. I mean hell it's a future with telepaths, giant robotic constructions, and entire worlds that literally consume the populace and put them in a giant computer. Nobody cares about deity's like we currently do, it's all flavor and joy based at this time. Tynan has mentioned an interest in looking at different religious ideas for RimWorld though so who knows, maybe you'll make your own by this time next year.

Oh and before I forget, if you idiots keep arguing over religion or keep drowning each other out with your opinions I'm going to start throwing the ban hammer around <3 Just Saiyan
We stopped arguing like 6 days ago....

dareddevil7

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 05, 2015, 12:09:21 PM
If you want to discuss religion and such, like what was happening a couple of pages back, take it to the Off-Topic subforum. That's what it's there for.

However, from this point forward, please stay on topic. :)

please just close this thread/post

Foffy123

"Atheism mod"

Not even close to being surprised that it has 6 pages of replies.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: johiah on October 05, 2015, 02:13:34 PM
--SNIP--
We stopped arguing like 6 days ago....

Johiah is right... you've came too late... the only thing you've done is awaken this dead thread.

Toggle

Actually gentlemen, the thread was very active when he posted that, they just hadn't argued very recently. Still needed the warning as it could of happened again.

Loki88

Quote from: A Friend on September 22, 2015, 08:36:09 PM
2. Also the lavish meal needing meat is a sort of balancing thing. Removing that would pretty much make meat useless and you could just live off forever on corn with 10+ mood buffs. But that's just my opinion. Dunno how to remove ingredients though.

I know this is a bit old, but still felt I should point out that there's always tofu in the vegetable garden mod. If someone already pointed that out then I'm sorry for being a bit slow on the uptake  :-[  Also if you don't want to download all of vegetable garden just for tofu, you might be able to convince dismar to make a "Tofu Only" side packet, sort of like his Bio Generator. He's pretty open to suggestions as long as you're polite about it :P There's the Quorn mod to if you want hot pink bubble gum mushrooms as a meat replacement ( Not meant as disrespectful, they seriously look like hot pink bubble gum! ) Just saying we now have a few vegetabletarian mod options including ZOMBIE2's.

Edit: Sorry for being off topic, but it's not like I'm arguing about crap.

johiah

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on October 07, 2015, 08:24:12 PM
Actually gentlemen, the thread was very active when he posted that, they just hadn't argued very recently. Still needed the warning as it could of happened again.
Nobody had posted in six days, except something about lavish meals without meat.

Toggle

Okay no, now we're having an argument about dead threads, shut your yaps ya filthy animals.

Brigadon

Not arguing with whether religions are real or not or anything like that, but a crapton in the future doesn't really mean that the traditional religions won't be around. The last major change in Judaism occured about 1200 years ago, but it has existed in a very similar form for nearly 3000 years. Christianity is (obviously) about 2000 years old, islam is 1500, and Hinduism may have existed for as long as 5000 years.

Sure, in America religion is not as popular as it used to be, but I strongly suspect that with an unbroken chain of literacy (In other words, unless almost every adult human on earth is exterminated and all books are destroyed) the 'traditional' religions may still exist, although if it's far enough in the future that humans have evolved without arms and legs (snicker) the majority of the major religions will probably be changed quite a bit. There will always be throwbacks and fundamentalists that will use an earlier form, however.

No offense, but a lot of people seem to think that 'the future' won't have ties to the past, but historical evidence suggests that the current trend of anti-religion 'enlightenment' is going to be as short-lived as all of the previous ones. Religious fervor ebbs and flows, but in general the major religious upheavals follow the ethnic traditions, and are very hard to kill without being actively stamped out via genocide (as happens with most small naturist religions that get overwhelmed by a stronger culture with a more aggressive religion)

I suspect there will be MORE major religions that far in the future, but I don't think the versions we have now will get stamped out. Even the countries that once embraced anti-religion, primarily China and Russia, are experiencing a resurgence in their traditional religions (russian fundamentalism and chinese buddhism). It seems more likely that religious expansion will fuel colonization waves.