Started by MAD GOD, September 17, 2015, 09:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johiah

"Can we not argue religion and just accept tynan as our lord and savior?"
Lol
"My best warden has no jaw"

TheGentlmen

Quote from: johiah on September 22, 2015, 08:43:05 PM
Well, the gentleman, how long is that cup going to stay a cup? it won't stay a cup for eternity. That is my point. A higher power HAS to exist because it is physically impossible for matter to always exist. More matter CANNOT be created, phantom versions can, and particle colliders collide particales at high speed, not energy.

"Well, the gentleman, how long is that cup going to stay a cup? it won't stay a cup for eternity."
Yes

" higher power HAS to exist because it is physically impossible for matter to always exist."
False. The cup will decay into another form of mater OR energy.
All mater has Mass.
Energy can become mass.
If it has mass then it can become matter.

So it will become another form of Mater OR energy, but it can also be turned back. I could theoretically turn a computer into a few cups.
I could theoretically  turn a star into billions of cups.
Thier's simply no economically viable method to do this yet.

"More matter CANNOT be created, phantom versions can"
Yes and No. TECHNICALLY its still mater, it just disappears immediately by colliding with its opposite releasing a similar amount of energy of the energy that created it. (In theory it should be exactly, but will the particles were generating some got radiated away. But the sum of the energy is always 0)

"and particle colliders collide particales at high speed, not energy."
But speed is a type of energy, its KINITEC energy. Water falls convert kinetic energy into electric energy. Rubbing your leg on the floor converts kinetic energy into heat(which is a type of energy). So the speed literately IS energy.
Read:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy
Read:http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211_fall2002.web.dir/shawna_sastamoinen/Velocity&Kinetic.htm

johiah

Look, I am not gonna argue with you. look up all the miracles that have occured. read this page http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html . read about jesus' face in the veil. Do you know where they found part of the bibles words? in a cave. Dating back to 50 AD
*edit* also read this. http://www.everystudent.com/features/faith.html
also, if your cup will stay a cup for eternity, then why, in your next post, you say it will change. and if that is true, then everything is everything.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: dareddevil7 on September 22, 2015, 08:45:37 PM
Can we not argue religion and just accept tynan as our lord and savior?

YES! LET'S MOVE ON!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

TheGentlmen

Quote from: johiah on September 22, 2015, 09:17:47 PM
Look, I am not gonna argue with you. look up all the miracles that have occured. read this page http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html . read about jesus' face in the veil. Do you know where they found part of the bibles words? in a cave. Dating back to 50 AD
*edit* also read this. http://www.everystudent.com/features/faith.html
also, if your cup will stay a cup for eternity, then why, in your next post, you say it will change. and if that is true, then everything is everything.

This shall be the last post on this topic, but let me make myself clear:
"But point is they _CAN_ stay thier."
See the word 'can'? That doesn't meen it WILL, but instead it MAY. I never stated it will last for eternity. It COULD, but the chances of that are improbable. Its more likley for me to drop it on my foot, have the cup and foot shattered, have my foot aputated and getting a bionic foot ( plus becoming a famous guy), then having the cup burned on the stake for ruining my foot.

And no, everything is NOT everything. Everything you can see is Everything you can see becuase its all mater. But not everything is everythiong. Thier's dark matter and anti-matter. All dark matter is dark matter, just like all matter is matter and all dark energy in energy and all anti-matter is anti-matter.

And just like matter has energy, dark matter has dark energy and Anti-matter MAY have anti-energy(althought I'm not sure that anti-energy exists. To lazy to check.)

As for your first link:
1-The Earth: Millions trillions riduculas numerber of stars, if evety star had only 1 planet then thier would be tons of planet. It makes no sence thta not oneof them wold have life of some way shape or form.
The human brain: Evolution.
The eye: Evolution.
" Yet evolution alone does not fully explain the initial source of the eye or the brain -- the start of living organisms from nonliving matter."
K, What is living? Why is a rock not living? I don't feel like delving into philosoph, but the hort answer is, some things clumped togerther, they reacted togeerhter, and started pumping O into the air from CO2, even simpler than algea. then things kinda got cluttered and mutations happened. HUZZA, life. and pointlesly floating in water is pointless so things evolved to give them advantage other ofther 'things'. One of thos was a eye. It when from a simple never, to... well your eye. Other many steps.
Watch:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrKZBh8BL_U
Same thing for brain.
2. K, sceintests don't know... but thats not realy proof. Its like saying I frew a paper into the air. I couldn't find it. Thorever it must be around Jupiter. Now you must search every inch of Jupiter at the SAME time just to prove me wrong.
3. We donot know if gravity acts simulary in a blackhole, the earth is constantly slowing its spin, if that counter was on the sun it would heat, Speed is relative (Which is something I forgot to mention in the gravity bit which I just realized now, making it impossible for something to be unmoving. But still, if something WAS unmoving then what would happen?). If you where riding light, you'ld say that the light isn't moving but that everything around you was moving at the speed of light.
4. Evoloution. The first life had barley ANY DNA, things gotten more complex since then.
5. I'ld say that's human psychology.
6. I'd like to SEE one of these miracles. Not rread a book about them.

A Friend

:l

Well, might as well give my opinion about this religion thingy.

(My dumb point of view)
I don't know what my kind of belief is called. I'm not full-on Atheist nor am I religious. I'm sure there's a supernatural thing out there. We all came from something right? Well whether it's a god, Science™, or some kind of magical wizard event. I frankly don't care all that much. What I care about is that because of it, we can exist, and we can enjoy life. I am very grateful for it, but I don't feel like saying it everyday.

*There was originally an essay here but I don't feel like putting more wood for the fire*

Blah Bleh Bloh... These are things people have believed in for a majority of their lives. You cannot just instantly change it with a single article (Or any number of it). Religion gave most of these people hope, where they should have given up by then. Telling them "God doesn't exist you silly goose!" is equivalent to:
"Give up on getting a better life bro."
"Give up on your comatose brother waking up bro."
"Give up on your lost dog being still alive bro."
"Oh and everything you devoted most of your life to is a sham. lol.

I won't bombard them with facts and shit. I'll just respect their beliefs while holding my own. What I won't respect is people forcefully shoving their fucking opinions down everyone's throat. Atheists and Theists.

I believe in magic, it adds a bit of wonder and mystery to my life. And if it's just a trick... well whatever, it adds something to my life.

This is gonna get locked soon if this contiunes. I guarantee it.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Adamiks

Quote from: johiah on September 22, 2015, 08:51:57 PM
I have no proof you exist, but here you are writing messages and posts. You have no proof I exist, but here I am writing a message to you. I have no proof God exists, but here he is creating this perfect world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis You say god doesn't exist, but what are the chances of the earth forming just the right way for us? Astronomical! I will never be able to convince you, you can't convince me, but at least I don't approve of slaughtering innocent children.

"rare earth"? You know how many planets are out there? And if planet can exist in X distance from star then why it can't exist in habitable zone + have water and carbon + have magnetic field? Yeah, it's hard to have that all, but just look at number of planets = earth isn't rare.

Also, people discovered another earth already - Kepler (random freakin number..). So you can just throw your theory to the thrash can.

"6. I'd like to SEE one of these miracles. Not rread a book about them."

Exactly. I can say that i'm 5 meters long and i can see God - it's miracle! Also i can say that my cat said "Gp to the fridge and look for the ligth", i would saw face in that ligth and create a new religion based on that.

I will believe in Bible when i will be able to time travel and see it. Besides that creators of Bible were just mostly crazy or super inteligent to give stupid people simple laws or Jesus was simple alien. Yes, alien. Another race. There is higher chance for another race making human-alien hybryde than for a God!

Because? Starting of aliens would exist like me or you, they would live on another planet when God wouldn't be like me or you and wouldn't live on the planet - simple logic 101.

TheGentlmen

Actually, it wasn't a paper, it was a teacup:
EDIT:DIS PARTZ GONNA CUAZE MORE TROUBLZ THANZ ITZ WORTHZ

Toggle

No more religion stuff, this is exactly why I thought 'Oh great, I know what's going to happen here' seeing the thread name.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

StorymasterQ

Yes! Someone, close the thread, quick!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

johiah

Yeah this kidna got out of hand. I just hate it when people freak out about a thing like praying being in the game. With that logic they need to mod earth and remove theists.

Adamiks

I can say same thing about your reaction - you freaked out because some guy wanted to *mod* (again, **MOD** the game, this isn't suggestion to change the game or something) the game and delete praying.

Well... I can say same thing about me too. Paradox! ;d

johiah

Quote from: Adamiks on September 23, 2015, 10:47:46 AM
I can say same thing about your reaction - you freaked out because some guy wanted to *mod* (again, **MOD** the game, this isn't suggestion to change the game or something) the game and delete praying.

Well... I can say same thing about me too. Paradox! ;d
Lol. Everyone freaked out about this way too much.

MAD GOD

Quote from: A Friend on September 22, 2015, 08:36:09 PM

1. Here's a mod with archery targets and melee dummies
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623.msg105052#msg105052

2. Also the lavish meal needing meat is a sort of balancing thing. Removing that would pretty much make meat useless and you could just live off forever on corn with 10+ mood buffs. But that's just my opinion. Dunno how to remove ingredients though.

thanx for a link, friend

about balance - vegetarian lavish meal still need 20 ingredients. balanced.

Toggle

Quote from: MAD GOD on September 23, 2015, 08:01:36 PM
Quote from: A Friend on September 22, 2015, 08:36:09 PM
2. Also the lavish meal needing meat is a sort of balancing thing. Removing that would pretty much make meat useless and you could just live off forever on corn with 10+ mood buffs. But that's just my opinion. Dunno how to remove ingredients though.
about balance - vegetarian lavish meal still need 20 ingredients. balanced.

Eh, it still isn't balanced just because the 10 extra ingredients isn't much of a cost for the mood buff. I'll make the mod tho, give me like 10-30 minutes depending on how distracted I get.

Edit: Okay, did it. Meet 'Eat Your Greens' the veggie mod. There's 'fine' and 'lavish' meals made entirely out of raw plant ingredients. I tried to balance it by changing work time to make, joy received, skill required to make them, nutrition value, all slight changes to balance it.

2nd Edit: Much more balanced version, check it out if you want. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15162.msg160281#msg160281

[attachment deleted due to age]
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.