Why so expensive?

Started by Oga88, September 27, 2015, 04:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oga88

Rimworld is too expensive, I bought it cause I can and willing to but 30$ that is too much. I'm from Russia and the game costs 30$ that's 1950 RUB, and when I see a game like Cities Skyline cost 499 RUB that is 7,68$ I have to ask myself why is that? Clearly there is way more man hours in Cities. And on different forums I see a lot of people that just get a pirate copy, so isn't better to just adjust the price a bit so more people would be able to the a good game. And if Cities is a bad example for you, then look at games like Elite: Dangerous 2249 RUB, H1Z1 899 RUB, Rainbow Six Siege 1999 RUB. I love Rimworld but those games that I mentioned are in a different league (not saying that RW is bad, it's just other games are way way more detailed.) And I would love to know why is it so expensive? I don't thank that Rimworld will ever be a AAA game, but it is a good game right now. Just my thoughts.

P.S. sorry for grammar mistakes english is not my native language.

blaze7736

I can honestly say i have spent $30 and never looked back i have sean the game grow to this state and the re-play value alone is better then many games i have played, then there is the mods now yes you may not like mods but for rimworld you gain access to heaps of possibility e.g zombie defense sim or farming sim. So too me for $30 i have got heaps out where i spend $10 on some games play and never return.

Oga88

Quote from: blaze7736 on September 27, 2015, 05:20:46 AM
I spend $10 on some games play and never return.

Agree. But what about Pirate King Pack ($200)  :o that is ridiculous you can buy a PS3 for that. And still if I could get my 30$ back and download a pirate version, I think I would.   

Oga88

And after I played the game with mods I never played it again with out them. And that is credit to the modding community and not Ludeon.

LouisTBR

It costs lots because of the fact that Tynan and a couple of other volunteers are working on the game, and they can't make 12+ alpha versions, all drastically different and better, without funding.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Wex

Also, having such an high price, would discourage CoD kids to buy it, play it, come to the comunity and wreck havoc.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Oga88

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on September 27, 2015, 05:43:05 AM
It costs lots because of the fact that Tynan and a couple of other volunteers are working on the game, and they can't make 12+ alpha versions, all drastically different and better, without funding.

Are you serious, I'm as a consumer don't care if he does it himself alone and works 25 hours a day, or a group of 100+ people do the game. All that you want to see is the final game work flawless and that drags you in. Or not? Maybe you want to pay 30 bucks and just wait and wait and wait. And then just say that he is working alone and all that stuff. Maybe you bought this game for that? Just tell me do you think that the difficulty of making Rimworld is in any comparison to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege?

Quote from: Wex on September 27, 2015, 05:57:21 AM
Also, having such an high price, would discourage CoD kids to buy it, play it, come to the comunity and wreck havoc.

Nonsense Call of Duty costs more than Rimworld. And those kids don't buy the game just because its not interesting for them. Also are you trying to say that there is no one >15 years old on forums that plays the game. If you don't want "havoc" in the community than you need moderators not a high price for the game. And all those kids bring money to the developer. If what and as I see it that is why this game is published, to bring money, and not because of the great community that it can gather.

Fernbhoy

could alway have waited a few years for it to go on a steam sale maybe?

Or should i apologise to the guy holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy it?

blaze7736

Quotejust tell me do you think that the difficulty of making Rimworld is in any comparison to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege?
um okay so your comparing an indie developer of mostly of a 1 man team to a company that has been running for 29 years has a revenue of 1 billion dollars and over 9000 employees and saying i see no difference in how hard it is to make the game.

Quotewhat about Pirate King Pack ($200)
The higher tiered packs are meant for sponsorship of the game to say hay i have cash and i will give it too see this game developed more and as a token give me something small ingame. It is not meant for every day buyers.

Oga88

Quote from: Fernbhoy on September 27, 2015, 06:45:24 AM
could alway have waited a few years for it to go on a steam sale maybe?

Or should i apologise to the guy holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy it?

I did, I bought this game when it was alpha 4. And you know what? Not that much changed for a year. Nothing special. I never said that I want my money back. I just said that that is too much for this game and asked why. It's not worth it. There is a lot of other games for less that play great and give you the same if not more gameplay experience.

And I'm not going to answer to the second part of your message, acting like a kid.

blaze7736

too be honest this post is rely just looking too start a fight

Oga88

No
Quote from: blaze7736 on September 27, 2015, 06:56:07 AM
um okay so your comparing an indie developer of mostly of a 1 man team to a company that has been running for 29 years has a revenue of 1 billion dollars and over 9000 employees and saying i see no difference in how hard it is to make the game.

I am comparing them for an example. The game cost more than half of the AAA games out there. And that is nonsense for me. But great deal for the developer. I'm sad so see that for me the game is dying. And there is not much of improvement from alpha to alpha. All I'm asking why so much?

The higher tiered packs are meant for sponsorship of the game to say hay i have cash and i will give it too see this game developed more and as a token give me something small ingame. It is not meant for every day buyers.

Ok I had no clue on this, thanks for the answer.  ;)

Oga88

Quote from: blaze7736 on September 27, 2015, 07:08:06 AM
too be honest this post is rely just looking too start a fight

and who wants that? just a simple question that no one will answer, polite at least.