[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traper

Loving the mod pack Simon it's realy fun, but I have one question, do you plan to add Zombie Mod to your modpack or do you find it unbalanced and not fitting?

cst89

Quote from: simon-82 on December 15, 2015, 02:57:55 PM
Quote from: Martiniator on December 15, 2015, 02:27:55 PM
Thank you! It works now. I have no idea what caused the earlier errors, but now it works fine!
Really? Oh great! Now if @cst89 could also try this one? That would be great.
I will use this version then in the next release :)

I have tried the new script, it works well, except the same Windows security warning. By the way is it supposed to create a desktop shortcut? Because it does not create any.

Edeal

Hi again, I think I encounter a little problem because it takes ages to launch the game since I use the ModVarietyPack.
Like several black screen minutes before it finaly becomes possible to play.

Any ideas ?

simon-82

Quote from: cst89 on December 15, 2015, 06:02:18 PM
I have tried the new script, it works well, except the same Windows security warning. By the way is it supposed to create a desktop shortcut? Because it does not create any.
Good! It creates the shortcut in the rimworld folder. You can move that to whereever you want though :)

Quote from: Edeal on December 15, 2015, 06:24:05 PM
Hi again, I think I encounter a little problem because it takesages to launch the game since I use the ModVarietyPack.
Any ideas ?
It sure takes longer than vanilla. It has to load all the mods, so it depends on your computer.

Quote from: Traper on December 15, 2015, 04:07:51 PM
Loving the mod pack Simon it's realy fun, but I have one question, do you plan to add Zombie Mod to your modpack or do you find it unbalanced and not fitting?
Never tried the zombie mod. Does it have a storyteller or something so you can select if you want to play zombie mode or not?

Devilsgamer666

Quote from: TLHeart on December 15, 2015, 12:37:10 PM
Quote from: Devilsgamer666 on December 15, 2015, 03:42:08 AM
Quote from: NemesisN on December 15, 2015, 01:00:17 AM
Quote from: Devilsgamer666 on December 14, 2015, 11:33:24 PM
I do apologize if this has been asked before.
where can I find the research, the sleep/work/joy assignment tab, and the gear assignment tab be found?
Yes that was the problem, thanks for helping me.

look at the bottom of the screen when you play

all tabs are at bottom

as you can see in the attached screenshot there is no option for said tabs

I suspect that the options in EdB interface were changed, that allow the removal of tabs from the interface. Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about.

TLHeart

Quote from: simon-82 on December 15, 2015, 06:51:55 PM
Quote from: cst89 on December 15, 2015, 06:02:18 PM
Good! It creates the shortcut in the rimworld folder. You can move that to whereever you want though :)

Quote from: Edeal on December 15, 2015, 06:24:05 PM
Hi again, I think I encounter a little problem because it takesages to launch the game since I use the ModVarietyPack.
Any ideas ?
It sure takes longer than vanilla. It has to load all the mods, so it depends on your computer.

Quote from: Traper on December 15, 2015, 04:07:51 PM
Never tried the zombie mod. Does it have a storyteller or something so you can select if you want to play zombie mode or not?

sorry no, zombie mod just adds another faction called zombies, and a mechanic that brings the dead back to life. They wander around in groups, and attack, and never retreat. 

Please no zombies in the mod pack.

IAMEPSIL0N

If this is the zombie mod they are talking about: https://ludeon.com/forums/?topic=3635.0

then I am a little wary as from my experience it will only take a little effort to extend zombification to the other races (norbals) but I have never played long enough to reach the apocalypse stage where all corpses reanimate and I have no clue what the changes to combat would do on top of that.

WinterFlare

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I made a pier and it has no crafting options / bills, where would I go about making a fishing rod or harpoon?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in the weapon crafting station.

Kitsune

I somewhat dont like the idea for zombies in rimworld. :-\ But if more like it with them i dont want to stay in the way. :D

And if the zombie mod will revive all corpses would that not destroy the entire meat-produktion? o.o Or only human-like corpses?

IAMEPSIL0N

Quote from: Kitsune on December 16, 2015, 01:13:00 AM
And if the zombie mod will revive all corpses would that not destroy the entire meat-produktion? o.o Or only human-like corpses?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.
As far as I know only human race (and if you mod it in then also other humanoid races like the norbals) are effected. I don't think the zombie virus can spread to animals even in the airborne stage.

Initially the infection is transfered from zombies that show up in a raid and will attack your colonists, any other faction on the map and possibly also animals. When they bite a human the injured body part gets infected and you have to cut it off before they die.
This part I enjoyed.

Later on an event starts where any pawn of suitable race that is killed will rise again as a zombie and I believe also all buried pawns of those races will also rise up. This event never ends which I think is too intrusive for the modpack and I am not certain but I think it is meant to be the end of the colony.

I think there is some interesting ideas if we could tune things or find a similar mod to have the zombie/rabid colonist behaviour without having the zombie survival endgame 'gamemode' forced on people.

Syllca

Re: [A12d] [MODPACK] Hardcore SK global project 2.4b: Syndicate (05/12/15)
« Reply #1451 on: Today at 03:36:43 AM »

Hi

I have a problem running fashion. I am doing everything as it should, in accordance with the guides ... and nothing ... MOD does not work, I don't have any change, there is no reaction. Anyone can help?

Sry for my Eng...

My version is 12 d 0.12.914

TheNewTeddy

Is there any way I can edit the AI Storytellers?
sig

simon-82

v.1.22 is released (download from here as usual) :)

Included are fixes for the stuff you have reported, more balancing and 2 new mods.
Enjoy :)

Changelog:
- Revert: TerraformingPump can't be uninstalled (reduced cost to compensate)
- Revert: Flour recipe no longer based on nutrition values
- Changed: Most norbal weapons slightly nerfed, Norbal Hammer has longer cooldown + is less accurate
- Changed: Basic storage available earlier
- Changed: Research costs rebalance
- Changed: Weapon crafting rebalance (see added high accuracy weapons)
- Changed: MechanoidTerraformer Incident is less likely, occurs later
- Fixed: Prosthetics/Bionics can now also be installed on Norbals
- Fixed: Prosthetics/Bionics giving "made from stuff" error
- Fixed: Missing recipes for installing natural stomach/leg
- Fixed: DeepStorage: Modified allowed storage settings + made new texture and shadow
- Enhancement: Grass can be grown now
- Enhancement: Setup script compatibility improvement
- Added: StorageSearch
- Added: High accuracy assault rifles, rifles, sniper rifles
- Added: ColonyManager

silverskin

How do I change the wall texture for glass windows? Really not keen on the one in the pack. Also, any chance of putting in concrete walls?

Liking it so far.

JimmyAgnt007

I tried this a few weeks ago but kept getting crashes.  What I was able to play I really liked.  Going to try the new version.