[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forumaccount

Quote from: Delekhan on March 14, 2016, 07:41:13 PM
Is this modpack going to be updated anymore? For example, with the latest version of Hospitality which is a big improvement.
I think a lotta folks are saving their energy for the seems-like-it'll-be-soon-probably alpha 13/
Steam Workshop destroys modding communities. Don't let your town become a megastore's parking lot!

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Shad on March 14, 2016, 04:58:43 PM
QuoteIf not it might be best to just get a bionic arm to counteract the efficiency debuff from injury.
Pessimist prostophobe

upd. having checked, exoskeleton also does not replace clavicle.

Tough call then, gonna end up with either a mood debuff or an efficiency debuff

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: forumaccount on March 14, 2016, 08:41:45 PM
Quote from: Delekhan on March 14, 2016, 07:41:13 PM
Is this modpack going to be updated anymore? For example, with the latest version of Hospitality which is a big improvement.
I think a lotta folks are saving their energy for the seems-like-it'll-be-soon-probably alpha 13/
Yep. Especially for modders without access to private tester builds, it's a bit demotivating not knowing wether or not (and which parts of) your code will still work in a month or so.

Shad

Quote from: deadlydullahan on March 14, 2016, 10:01:12 PM
Tough call then, gonna end up with either a mood debuff or an efficiency debuff
Yeah, went with mood debuff. I hope the option of growing bones does appear. It's silly that I can make bionic spines, but making a single bone is impossible.

Especially since  destroyed clavicle has the same effect as a destroyed arm: 50% defuff to manipulation.

Sukha

There is a weird disparity between Enemy raids with guns and the primitive tribes. I am more afraid of Masses of Norbals than other raiders. If I get a raid of Norbals with 50 enemies, then equivalent of that in raiders with guns will be like 10-15 enemies(which is laughable).
Mechanoid attacks seem ok, but Rimsenal enemies are so weak that again Norbals are more formidable.

Shad

What's wrong with norbal raiders for you? Couple of minigun turrets + colonists with long range weapons = no-one gets to melee. In case some people get close, keep one or two colonists with the deadliest short range weapon - the light pistol.

Sukha

Quote from: Shad on March 15, 2016, 03:28:55 PM
What's wrong with norbal raiders for you? Couple of minigun turrets + colonists with long range weapons = no-one gets to melee. In case some people get close, keep one or two colonists with the deadliest short range weapon - the light pistol.

Its not that I have problem with Norbals, I have problem with how weak the Armed raiders are compared to Norbals. Why do I get raids with 50+ Norbals and only like 10 men armed sieges???
I play on Hildegarde Extreme, I get raided non stop. Whenever I see guns, I immediately know this is gon be EZ mode.

Fluffy (l2032)

Norbals with their shields and magic hammers are quite powerful, but only 'cost' about as much point as the much squishier tribals for the storyteller to send at you. Probably something that needs some balancing.

Shad

When I see a 60-man norbal raid, I think with horror: "OMG, where am I supposed to bury all these guys". And "storage is going to overflow again with recycled hides".

Armed raiders re more compact and sometimes drop phat loot.

Sukha

This game needs some kind of elite pirates that only come in droppods inside your base and are in full set of armor with good cqc(smg/shotguns/melee) weapons. We might actually have casualties to these elite bastards.

Sukha

Quote from: Canute on March 16, 2016, 02:58:31 AM
Like the Elite-commands from Glittertech ? :-)
But they are only a thread at their first few drops, after that you pickup their weapons and use these against them.

Yeah maybe they should be Robots then, so they don't leave their weaponry.

Shad

We already have those, they are called mechanoids. Perhaps they could be more common on Hildegarde.

Shad

I thnk the minigun ware nerfed because before is just impossible, with sniping capability across half of the map. Maybe it was nerfed too much.

I do prefer minigun shooting at shorter ranges than sniper rifles - that's how it's supposed to be.

Syringe - I completely agree

WinterFlare

AFAIK Combat Realism aims to make all weapons realistic, and as for sniper rifles and such, being able to shoot across the entire map is nothing because trees and shit get in the way of the shot.

Miniguns however, didn't care when it came to that, because they fired so many shots. Before the nerf they could kill a person sniping at them in a single burst.

I honestly hate centipedes, they take way too many hits regardless of what weapon you use, and 9 times outta 10 I end up destroying their FUCKING WEAPON before I kill them. This is coming from a person who restricts themselves to as few turrets as possible, I don't try to cheese stuff, so when it takes 20 grenade throws or several single use rocket launchers to kill something my patience starts to wear thin. (Speaking of Rockets, tried to use an RPG against a centipede and it basically did nothing.) Maybe I'm just bad, but I actually PREFER Norbal attacks because I can use hit and run tactics, as well as the need to deal with a bloodied up corpse ridden colony where people are going nuts from pain and disgust.

I'd really like if there were more factions, but honestly I don't think there are that many made for the game. Someone suggested More Mechanoids https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9221.0 and that seems like it might be a novel idea, but you have to consider if things add weapons and armor, they need to be tweaked for Combat Realism.

As for the Syringe, unless a bugfix is made for it, why not just -not- use the damn thing? It's called impulse control, just don't use it on mechs.

Encrtia

Got Myself Two Bugs Here.

Will shove it on the Github when able, but wondering if there's either a fix, or a confirmation of these existing elsewhere.

Firstly, Research.
After a couple in-game years, I've researched a lot. When I hit the "Researched" tab in research (to see what I have done), the entire Research tab glitches out proving to be unusable (can't view anything, can't research anything new). The only fix, is restarting the game.

Second, Medicine.
I have colonists with missing noses, lungs, tibias, ARMS even! - you name it. But I have no option (after Medicine III & having built the respective organ + housing Medicine) to "Install Lung" or "Install Nose" or "Install Arm". I can go bionic, but I'm needing organic here.
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.