Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

JKTD1919

Giant crab/lobster creatures in coastal biomes!

Rainforests need a lot more biodiversity, as well. I'm thinking more swamp creatures!
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

A Friend

Quote from: JKTD1919 on January 10, 2016, 01:25:35 PM
Giant crab/lobster creatures in coastal biomes!

Rainforests need a lot more biodiversity, as well. I'm thinking more swamp creatures!

Resisting urge... to... add... ogre-like... creatures... LOSING CONTROL.

Anyways.
Megalouse/Megalice for either Tundra or Boreal Forests! Or maybe something else as I'm not really that into the name.

Edit: The back side feels a bit flat for me. hmm...
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

skullywag

In some places woodlouse are called "potato bugs", could make that a thing, make them beeline for potatoes.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

A Friend

My medieval lordlings are often shaped like potatoes and often have the same capabilities but are only more useless and can be considered parasitic. Having these guys be exterminators sounds fun!
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Shadss

The spider creatures are absolutely beautifully crafted, and it'd be amazing to see more variants of them, perhaps for different biomes? Giant insects and arachnids have always been an awesome enemy type in any futuristic setting.

And, I would suggest Wargs but uh, already in the game, so what about a legendary animal as a dire-warg, or something, about twice as bigger? Shouldn't be too difficult to make a sprite for.

Keep up the good work, all of these sprites are absolutely beautiful.

milon

Quick news update: I don't have the time anymore because of recent IRL events.  Skullywag is going to take over coding.  I may work on sound effects or other smaller tasks.  If there's anyone with experience creating sound effects, we could use your help too!

A Friend

Well, wish ya good luck on the RL stuff!.

Anyways,
Lockjaw Gator concept for jungle biomes.

It looks like it's making a :3 face somehow... It's probably the eyes.

Edit: Extra Grump version.

Toggle

Nice afriend! Kinda makes me think of a hippo with a massive, deadly jaw. Although hippos are already very deadly.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

skullywag

skullywag

All animals ingame, now to work on the details.

and yes thats a devilsheep riding a gallatross....so what!

KiotheCloud

I really would love to see this turn into a full grown ecosystem also would love to see more of the arachnid family how about a spider ,but instead of it making silk why not make it borrow by that i mean make cave dens ...

Cause i would love to mine randomly then accidentally open up a den filled with those things  ;D 
HALP ME @)@

KiotheCloud

Quote from: A Friend on January 13, 2016, 09:54:43 AM
Well, wish ya good luck on the RL stuff!.

Anyways,
Lockjaw Gator concept for jungle biomes.

It looks like it's making a :3 face somehow... It's probably the eyes.

Edit: Extra Grump version.

They also remind me of the Zerg Ultralisk from StarCraft 2 in a Youtube Animation  :o
HALP ME @)@

LeBug2002

Quote from: KiotheCloud on January 14, 2016, 12:48:25 AM
I really would love to see this turn into a full grown ecosystem also would love to see more of the arachnid family how about a spider ,but instead of it making silk why not make it borrow by that i mean make cave dens ...

Cause i would love to mine randomly then accidentally open up a den filled with those things  ;D
That could be possible since you can mine and randomly hit a (forgot the name, one of those things with the cryo casckets and the mecanoids). :D

A Friend

Quote from: LeBug2002 on January 14, 2016, 01:45:14 PM
Quote from: KiotheCloud on January 14, 2016, 12:48:25 AM

That could be possible since you can mine and randomly hit a (forgot the name, one of those things with the cryo casckets and the mecanoids). :D

Actually, those kinds of animals will be added by Tynan himself in the next update (Which is going to be sometime around March). I'll just make variants of it when he returns.
http://ludeon.com/blog/

A Friend

Lockjaw for Jungle biomes

Are you tired of getting those pesky infections?

Are you sick of always wasting your prized medicine on those pesky limbs?

Are you like this guy?

WELL, WORRY NO MORE.
We here at SHODDYGENES Labs™ introduce to you our NEW AND STATE OF THE ART INFECTION CURER!

BEHOLD, THE REVOLUTIONARY LIMB REMOVER MK III!

Infected leg? Fuck that.
Infected middle finger? Fuck that.
Infected head?

Well fuck that too.

Just put it in between there and poke the big fella in the eyes. SHAZAM, No more infections.

It's quick, It's compact, and it's easy to use.
For the LOW LOW LOW price of ONE AI CORE, YOU TOO CAN GET ONE NOW.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.
If you call now we will include a fully functional "Scyther" Limb Remover Mk. II for the entire family.
BUT THIS IS A LIMITED OFFER AVAILABLE ONLY TO THE 20 FIRST CALLERS. SO GET EM' WHILE YOU CAN!

*SHODDYGENES Lab™ is not responsible for any manhunter problems that you may recieve.*