[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Goranchero on September 14, 2018, 06:49:57 AM
Any chance to add order to chop all trees in same manner as harvest all plants or haul everything?

Maybe. In the meanwhile, you can always use Select Similar + Chop to get the same effect.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Canute

Currently the function for veil mining, blight cutting, full grown tree's arn't very intuitiv to use.
Vein miner at last work's very good, even when i allways looked at the wrong icon for that feature. I allways looked at the select similar icon (since this icon came from this mod), it took ages for myself to check the Mine icon for a right click funktion.

Cut blight, similar to Vein miner, i allways looked at the select similar before.

But the function for cut full grown tree only give you a selector and don't select anything self.

bigheadzach

Have you tried More Harvest Designators? It adds specific "harvest mature plants/chop mature trees only" buttons. So first select all trees with Allow Tool, then use this button on the selected trees and it will only designate the mature trees for chop.

Canute

Nope,
but thats a good suggestion to bad hugs didn't made this last step.

Edit: i just tryed it, and it didn't work. The new designator don't show up when you select tree's.
They work at the same way like Allow tool and you can select mature tree's with a selector.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Canute on September 14, 2018, 09:24:46 AM
Currently the function for veil mining, blight cutting, full grown tree's arn't very intuitiv to use.
Vein miner at last work's very good, even when i allways looked at the wrong icon for that feature. I allways looked at the select similar icon (since this icon came from this mod), it took ages for myself to check the Mine icon for a right click funktion.
Cut blight, similar to Vein miner, i allways looked at the select similar before.
But the function for cut full grown tree only give you a selector and don't select anything self.

True, ideally you would have separate buttons for these 3 functions- but we also want to avoid cluttering the interface. I feel pretty good about how things are laid out right now, even though there is always room for improvement.
Also, there is something to be said about progressively discovering advanced tools- not everything needs to be in plain sight.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

rawrfisher

Am I the only one having issues getting the haul urgently designation to stick when trying to move items from one stockpile to another?
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Orange_Mushroom

Can you tell what's going on please?
mod not working

[HugsLib][ERR] AllowTool caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.Translator.Translate'.
  at AllowTool.AllowToolController.DefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

load.
hugslib
Miscellaneous 'CORE'
Misc. MapGenerator
Allow Tool

crusader2010

@UnlimitedHugs

I would like to make two suggestions about things that are currently annoying for me:

1. When selecting a colonist corps, the "Haul urgently" keyboard shortcut is the same as the one to "Strip" the corpse. Not sure why, but this makes the corpses unable to be hauled urgently, unless stripped first (and even after stripping, the corpse appears haulable but nothing happens unless I cancel every job from it, then use the menu to haul it urgently). Not sure if the key shortcut is the reason for the conflict but it's a start.

Also, would love an option to actually change this key to something else (or simply change it from "O") :)

2. I'm unable to always "mine connected ores" from the menu. I have to click a resource tile on the map, then right click the mine button and choose the option. Is there any way to make it the default choice?

In my current game it also happened that one tile of uranium didn't get selected by the "mine connected ores" tool. The pattern in which the cluster was mined by a pawn was like this ( 1 -> 5), with number 5 not being selected by the tool:

[5] [3] [1]
[  ] [4] [2]

Thank you for a great mod!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

shentino

xion1088

Can you make "haul urgently" ignore things like food on prisons?

SYDWAD

Quote from: xion1088 on October 06, 2018, 09:55:22 PM
Why not just not select the food in the prison? or make a stockpile for the food in there?

xion1088

Quote from: SYDWAD on October 08, 2018, 05:04:00 PM
Why not just not select the food in the prison? or make a stockpile for the food in there?

I want to haul the food out, not put them in a stockpile inside the prison.

5thHorseman

Quote from: xion1088 on October 08, 2018, 11:00:47 PM
You said you wanted it to ignore food in prisons. Did you mean "not ignore"?
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

xion1088

Quote from: 5thHorseman on October 08, 2018, 11:58:17 PM
Quote from: xion1088 on October 08, 2018, 11:00:47 PM
You said you wanted it to ignore food in prisons. Did you mean "not ignore"?
Yeah maybe I worded it wrong, my bad but anyways It would be nice to have "Haul urgently" to work on prisons.

crusader2010

I think I may have found another strange-ish thing (apart from the one with the mining designation), but not sure whether it's intended or not.

After using "haul urgently" on a piece of rock that is far away from the main part of my colony, there is no right click menu on that object. Nothing shows up when right clicking the designated object. So, for example, I cannot order another pawn to pick it up and haul it. I do suspect that the object is already assigned to a pawn before I right click it (i.e. the pawn is going towards the object to haul it).

I'm using many other mods, including "pick up and haul". Could it be some bad interaction between these two ?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack