Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

If I remember correctly there was a button to clear forced individual pieces of apparel. Anyway...

Expand animal bodyguards to cover not just hunting and taming, but also mining and hauling remote items (outside of home zone). My miners are often attacked.

Masochists should cut themselves slightly when having a mental break. They can also put hands into campfires etc.

luciferamadeus

I'm a newbie, just bought the game for less than a week, but has invested some odd tens of hours in the game. My suggestion is on the interface. Could you please put the animals' age as part of displayed info in "Animals" menu? My turkey is breeding like cockroach and I want to slaughter them according to age. I think it's a cheap interface idea. Please...

There's also user control capability. Is it possible to have us set such that all newly dead wild animal as not haul-forbidden? Every night I have to go through the entire map just to see if there's a freshly dead wild animal that can be hauled. I think it can be made as part of 'Control' option, or in game menu for particular colony. Either way works.

giannikampa

Surgery operations could needs a minimum medicine skill according with the difficulty of the job, like for growing in latest alphas. Some would need minimum 3, some 6 and 10 for the trikiest.

maybe a minimum crafting could be involved in bionics installing and repairing as well
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

b0rsuk

Cat Phobia
Whenever there's a cat, a panther or other feline nearby, the colonist drops carried item and starts running away (cowering in fear). It doesn't matter if it's sleeping, peaceful, a pet or whatever. (Changes which involve new behavior are harder, but they're more rewarding and more visible to the player. I think you can make use of the current "run away" mechanic)

Dog phobia
Just like above, but for canines instead. Labradors, huskies, wargs, foxes, yorkies are all terrifying. See Angela Merkel.

Imagine a character hiding in his room because a trade caravan arrived with huskies.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: b0rsuk on February 06, 2017, 11:30:25 AM
Cat Phobia
Whenever there's a cat, a panther or other feline nearby, the colonist drops carried item and starts running away (cowering in fear). It doesn't matter if it's sleeping, peaceful, a pet or whatever. (Changes which involve new behavior are harder, but they're more rewarding and more visible to the player. I think you can make use of the current "run away" mechanic)

Dog phobia
Just like above, but for canines instead. Labradors, huskies, wargs, foxes, yorkies are all terrifying. See Angela Merkel.

Imagine a character hiding in his room because a trade caravan arrived with huskies.

Don't forget about rat phobia for all female pawns :D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

b0rsuk

Trophy hunter
Whenever the colonist with this trait kills a new kind of wild/manhunter animal, he permanently gets +0.5 mood bonus (stacking). Like a long term green thumb, but doesn't go away with time. Thrumbo is worth 5x more.

So let's see. Ice sheet and sea ice biomes can have:
snowhare, arctic fox, arctic wolf, polar bear, mufallo, infestation (x3). That's 8/2 = +4 permanent mood. Add two manhunter animals like boomrat and you get +5.  Sounds fair. I even got megascarabs from cryosleep caskets. If it was +1 per animal type it would go through the roof in year round growing biomes. If you wanted to be funky you could count mechanoids too. And thrumbo event seems to happen every year.

It's funny because such a trait could give player a tiny incentive to migrate.

Goldenpotatoes

An option for 'only do x bill if y bill isn't possible'.

E.g: I want to be able to set up bills for both fine and simple meals, but I only want my cook doing the simple meal bill if he can't find the resources for a fine meal. Even if he has completed the fine meal bill, he should ignore the simple meal bill until fine meal cooking is impossible.

Sirappo

When you are choosing your colonists, it would be quite nice to have an overview of the skills they have. For example the normal skilltab showing you the best stats in each skill of the colony.
I think i'm not the only one changing up what i got randomly generated and i'm losing my overview quite fast. Suddenly you land on the planet and forgot to get someone with growing xD.
This function could also be used ingame just so you know who to capture or accept to have a balanced colony not consisting of artist only :).

b0rsuk

Quote from: Sirappo on February 07, 2017, 10:23:32 AM
When you are choosing your colonists, it would be quite nice to have an overview of the skills they have. For example the normal skilltab showing you the best stats in each skill of the colony.
I think i'm not the only one changing up what i got randomly generated and i'm losing my overview quite fast. Suddenly you land on the planet and forgot to get someone with growing xD.
This function could also be used ingame just so you know who to capture or accept to have a balanced colony not consisting of artist only :).
Yes, yes, this. For each skill I would like to see the average of my starting people and the highest skill. It gets more useful the more people you start with, for example tribal scenario.

SpaceDorf

Please Expand the Stockpile and Growing Zone UI with the Create Zone and Delete Zone Buttons.
It is more intuitive and saves 3-4 clicks if I want to resize a Zone.
Buildings allready have the deconstruct and un/install button build in ( not all of them in vanilla, I know )

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Barazen

Additional human areas please, there doesn't  seem to be a max for animals but i think 4-5 is the max for pawns.... for those of us building towns it gets difficult to fine tune behaviours without additional areas.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

Shooter04

Work priority presets. As like making an outfit and being able to name it, like to make a class. The same set up with work priorities.

amodchecker

heres an idea that can be done in about 1 to 2 minutes yet will fix a major (really Major) problem: power armor is power crap, legendary armor has 420 HP but can only lose 210 before it becomes tattered and not very good, the problem is that when the armor protects your colonists it takes the damage instead of the colonist, and with how high the chance is to block shots the armor starts getting rather..  Holy.  Im not running a Crusade here so Holy Armor isen't what i need, i need armor sans holes and power armor is to expensive to just keep replacing suits after every raid (and thats with mods that make it much easier to get plasteel and other metals). i know, i know, if im rich enough to be facing this problem then i should be able to build really strong defenses, but i should also be able to equip an exceptionally well armed and armored goon squad if a killbox doesn't strike my fancy at the time, the arms part is easy, the armor however, see above.

overpowered?  not really, if you can afford to make 6 suits+helmets then your likely just playing for fun by that point, or you already have a killbox from hell so the armor just lets you decide where to hold the "welcoming party" for any unwelcome guests
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

OFWG

Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

TrashMan

Quote from: amodchecker on February 08, 2017, 11:18:48 AM
heres an idea that can be done in about 1 to 2 minutes yet will fix a major (really Major) problem: power armor is power crap, legendary armor has 420 HP but can only lose 210 before it becomes tattered and not very good, the problem is that when the armor protects your colonists it takes the damage instead of the colonist, and with how high the chance is to block shots the armor starts getting rather..  Holy.  Im not running a Crusade here so Holy Armor isen't what i need, i need armor sans holes and power armor is to expensive to just keep replacing suits after every raid (and thats with mods that make it much easier to get plasteel and other metals). i know, i know, if im rich enough to be facing this problem then i should be able to build really strong defenses, but i should also be able to equip an exceptionally well armed and armored goon squad if a killbox doesn't strike my fancy at the time, the arms part is easy, the armor however, see above.

overpowered?  not really, if you can afford to make 6 suits+helmets then your likely just playing for fun by that point, or you already have a killbox from hell so the armor just lets you decide where to hold the "welcoming party" for any unwelcome guests

you might wanna try the mending mod