Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenbear

With the (hopefully soon) addition of the often-suggested tasers, getting new recruits will become a lot easier (which might be why it's not implemented yet). To balance things out, here are some event ideas for prisoners. They will more likely be triggered if something bad happens to other inmates (organs harvested, sold into slavery, death...):

• prisoner goes on a hunger strike. Won't eat until release, starvation or a random amount of time has passed
  • prisoner bargains for their release by offering information where on the world map you'll find a map with some valuable loot. If they're released there's a 50% chance for this event to happen: "The former prisoner mocks you from afar and will return with a large group of sappers now that they know the layout of your base"
  • prisoner commits suicide
  • colonist (most likely the warden) gets emotionally attached to a prisoner and receives severe mood debuffs the longer said prisoner is incarcerated or if something bad happens to them
  • prisoner attacks warden. If warden is knocked out or killed, prisoner can open doors and attempt to flee
  • prisoner awakens after battle with a certain chance of brain damage or weakened movement. Tasers are dangerous!

enduron

re: Blueprints AI Caravans and all i want for next xmas (long)

Each faction town begins with a caravan and a blueprint. the caravan may be visible on the world map busy trading,visiting and raiding other towns searching for resources it needs. The blueprint is  a  player-submitted single 'screen-shot' to keep data size small,built in order of sequenced prioritised areas. As the town grows to match the final blueprint it sends out bigger or perhaps more caravans with more options available to the npc trader pawn and thus the player in the form of new scenarios which build on the simple storyteller. Meet Prudence Cause, she's Randy Random's opposite evil twin. Every new and existing scenario in Rimworld has  a cause and effect structure.

stop me if any of these are already implemented:

...Disease is contagious.

Factions are terratorial. Towns don't like it when you build in their backyard. Some tribes are nomadic,caravans without towns become refugees or re-settle. Pirates may choose to send a blue visitor while the red horde waits nearby. The vistor may be appeased via the trade interface - if you meet his demands the raiders live to fight another day. Orbital Insertions only on trade beacons, Mechanoids are drawn by comms consoles and ships.

Manhunter packs are drawn by food left un-hauled for too long,blood  or drought in neighbouring hexes or simply by tracking starvation among the local herd, single mad animals are old and demented or occour during or soon after psychic waves. Mad animal packs just want to get from one corner of the map to the other and off as quickly , loudly and as madly as possible.

Eclipses and solar flares are cyclical, Blight affects neighbouring hexes. Toxic fallout is a late game event generated by certain blueprints and structures. Cargo pods are sent by towns capable of orbital insertion, Ship parts Crash big contains some of the cargo of whichever ship in orbit happened to crash. Zzzt only on exposed wires...

The player-built hover skimmer is always visible on-screen , floating seemlessly from one desert town to another trading outpost. The smooth transistion is accomplished by a small (20x20?) view-port in which the caravan travels through the proceedurally generated landscape. If i click on the guy piloting the craft i effortlessly witness the transistion into first person shooter mode..as my ai buddy thinks about whats for lunch .and could someone get all this done by next tuesday please thankyou.

meanwhile...

My ai buddy has had a long day. Load up skimmer. check. eat breakfast. check. pre-flight check. Glitterworld Ai Core drones on, simultaneously wondering how his soul's save file is only 64kb , which map to buy from the next trader, what rumour to act on next. check, sleep...not yet.

Lumi's long lost love-child's great great great-grandchild dreams of finding her descendant's inscription on tomb on Planet X, in System X , Seed X

edit : sanity cheque

Nieve

Some cheap logic idea:

- Tools: People(specially prisoner) can't destroy wall/door/tree/rock/steel with bear hands, need a pickaxe, hammer,...etc for work or at least improving.

- Prisoner can't just go rampage and destroyed all the door/wall (even made by steel/stone) and mostly can kill or make a serious injury, sometime kill a full heath person before go down with only use hands.

- Prisoner zone: A zone that prisoner that can go out freely to maintain mood. And more security if prison break happen.

- Guess interacting: May be dev already have this in mind, but they should have some basic to interact with just not simple go and leave.

- Logic relationship: RNG grave me a son with old as twice as his mother. (Son age 56, mother age 21)

- Give up: People need to know how to give up. In rimworld they like someone and keep ask for romance and fails until success.... or become rival and kill each other. Need better logic or at least reduce the penalty.

- Priority zone: "Just stick here till your job is finished first, no slacker". Job priority just can't help with construction or mining require a lot of micro control, they just randomly do the nearest other and sometime forgot the job if something interrupted and leave it for a very long time if the player didn't noticed it, specially with the large colony and construction or far away mine.

- This world is very, very dark: this is just my opinion but it's also how i like the game, i just play around with character generate and i found a slave girl which being slave (if you know what i mean) for her whole life. Well, that seem like it's happen very often cause everyone in my colony alway show up naked, this is okay but need something related, a reason, a dialog may be, than just simple rng-ed and show up with no cloth or missing piece, some got raid, some not.

- Recruiting: need more way to recruiting people than just capture them for slavery, buy, or just wait until they got crashed... the rate of them join you on voluntary seen very low, or i just got bad rng all the time. (alway happen if i have fewer than 5 people and them never happen)

- Fences & window.

- Big door.

- Animal feed bowl, feed place.

- Barn bed: similar to pet bed but for barn animal.

- Pet bed assigning: pet should sleep with their owner, livestock can sleep where ever they want... in barn ofc.

- Watch tower: better security, safe from melle, more shot accurary, range (just got salted by got all colony(3) killed  by 2 bow man standing in middle of nowhere when they have armed with guns and hidden behind sandbag) in the exchange of immobility, can't dodge genade, fire.

OFWG

Quote from: Nieve on February 03, 2017, 05:21:32 PM
- Logic relationship: RNG grave me a son with old as twice as his mother. (Son age 56, mother age 21)

This happens all the time - it just means the mom spent a lot of time in a cryptosleep pod. Apparent age is listed first followed by chronological age, so the mom will be say 21 (100), meaning she seems 21 but is actually 100.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

gendalf

- An option to set priorities per farming field.
- An option to allow animals with haul ability to haul harvested crops even outside of their allowed area. (Currently you have to temporarily add harvested items to the animal's area with zoning tools and then remove the added area spots, when they're done hauling, before the animals start eating still growing crops. It's tedious to do it every time.)
- If 'no medical care X' is selected, prevent colonists from hauling to beds and feeding downed tamed animals.
- Add a separate optional option(so by default it should be tied just like before) for medicine preference for treating diseases with periodic treatment or immunity development requirement.
- Special separate zoning tool for cleaning priorities (first thing in the morning - clean your room!, only clean the "home area" if all the priority zones are clean)

Paulie

- If you release a pirate raider after patching him up, the next raid from his faction will be either be smaller or pushed back by a few days.

(There currently is no benefit from capturing/releasing pirates other than doing it because you're playing as the "good guys", so adding one would be nice)

Joel1

Whenever frozen meals are eaten (-1 degrees or less) colonist should have a mood debuff for eating them.

If the meal is refridgerated then there should be no mood debuff.

Ace_livion

Quote from: Joel1 on February 04, 2017, 01:09:07 AM
Whenever frozen meals are eaten (-1 degrees or less) colonist should have a mood debuff for eating them.

If the meal is refridgerated then there should be no mood debuff.

well sounds ok. but? the meal instandly changes from frozen if they carry it out the fridge right? so its more a ate in the cold debuff ?

arty_d

- wheelchair or exoskeleton for the colonists with broken spine

Nieve

Technically, he's straight, he just have a strange fetish like everyone else, he just fascinated with lesbians, not gay... Even he's a transexual. Bisexual, maybe.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

SpaceDorf

The List of Modchanges when loading a game.
Instead of having a simple print dump jumble ..

Mod1,Mod2,Mod3 .. Mod121

Mod1,Mod2,Mod5,Mod4,Mod3 ... Mod128

put the lists next to each other

Mod1 - Mod 1
Mod2 -  Mod 2
Mod3 -  Mod 5
         -  Mod 4
          -  Mod 3
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

b0rsuk

Colonists with Bloodlust should get an additional +1 mood bonus for each headshot they score, similar to green thumb.

Nieve

1/ Cooking priority higher than consuming meal.
2/ Also Butchering have higher priority than cooking.
3/ Higher tier meal have priority to cook first.

Sound silly but this is awkward sometime, you have to do all the thing manually when have enough food and skill to make fine/lavish meal but they keep eating raw meat even i set cooking on the highest priority.

And some time they just keep cooking simple meal when there are tons of animal corpses wait for butchering.

Edit: 4/ Check the inventory first when forced priority job: some case they already have the item holding, instead of using it they drop it and come long way to the stockpile for another, that cost time moving and 1 other worker to haul the item they drop. And sometime, it's cost a life.

b0rsuk

If you order a colonist to drop some of his gear but he's sleeping, instead he should remember that and drop the items once he wakes up. If that doesn't satisfy player and he wants to have items dropped immediately, he can always draft and then drop.

I miss the button to clear forced. My sleeping colonist is wearing a 14% tuque.

OFWG

Quote from: b0rsuk on February 05, 2017, 04:11:57 PM
I miss the button to clear forced.

You should go visit it on the Assign menu. It misses you too :(
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."