Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gendalf

Save/load window:
Individual, per world tabs with ability to name the tabs (default name should be the seed of the world).

PsychicDrone9000

It's possible to tell your colonists to not sow a field in order to get them to stop planting there, but would it be possible to have a setting to stop them from harvesting while still planting/sowing? The only thing this would be useful for really is a hay field that you just have all of your animals in.

Lurmey

Quote from: PsychicDrone9000 on February 10, 2017, 01:54:23 PM
It's possible to tell your colonists to not sow a field in order to get them to stop planting there, but would it be possible to have a setting to stop them from harvesting while still planting/sowing? The only thing this would be useful for really is a hay field that you just have all of your animals in.

This is a great idea!

makkenhoff

In my view, anesthetics can help control unruly pawns. It is medical based sedition. Now, currently you can 'sort of' do this now, by scheduling a heart removal or similar operation, and then waiting until the pawn uses the medicine to bring them to 10% conscious, and then canceling the operation & drafting the surgeon. This doesn't solve the unruly pawn's problem. It merely delays you having to deal with them, and they still require fed.

However, I really feel like it is missing an additional penalty for doing this. Medically, when you've got someone who is regularly in one position, unable to move, the condition known as pressure sores (also known as bed sores) develop. Left untreated it can cause open wounds or an ulcer, eventually leading into sepsis. Proper rotation can help prevent this, and to that end it should require some "doctor" to come in once in awhile and rotate them. It won't require addition graphics, just a few increasingly nasty debuffs the longer it is used, and of course, the ability to repeatedly sedate a colonist as a reoccurring operation.

QuantumNelly

Here's a quick idea that just occurred to me at three in the morning. That said, I'm not sure if it's been discussed before.

Administering drugs via medical operation. My reason for this: An injured colonist needs to use a specific drug to satisfy their urges, but is bed ridden. They're getting angry.
Another use: Administer a specific drug (likely luciferium for the sadists out there) to a prisoner before releasing them.

Starkiller501

I want to be able to give animals prosthetics, or at the very least a doggy peg leg

b0rsuk

Animals turning hostile when taming fails shouldn't become so bloodthirsty. It should be something closer to social fight - hit the colonist a few times, chase him away, but NOT assault his colony and fight turrets. Especially if colonist didn't harm the animal but was running away. The animal could stay jumpy for a few days and be aggressive, but in a territorial way.

Thyme

Quote from: QuantumNelly on February 11, 2017, 03:15:12 AM
[...] Administering drugs via medical operation. My reason for this: An injured colonist needs to use a specific drug to satisfy their urges, but is bed ridden. They're getting angry.
Another use: Administer a specific drug (likely luciferium for the sadists out there) to a prisoner before releasing them.
Already in the game!
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

TheSoloGamer

gendalf

has been suggested many times:
Separate options for cleaning zones and fire fighting zones, instead of generic home zone.

phinky

I love the a16 caravan features! Having said that I almost always forget to set from which direction I want the colony to depart. Perhaps you could make it a popup after establishing the caravan options, or give it a seperate window off to the side of the caravan options. Just something to help me remember oh yeah thats a thing would be nice.

gendalf

Powerswitch:
- make its on/off button work the same as for all other electric appliances - with a checkmark. (currently, if you press the button, you can't "unpress" it)
- integrate PowerSwitch mod into the base game, it makes powerswitches a lot more usable.

GabMSouza

You should be able to enslave a prisioner. Here's how it could work:
The slave would be still restrained, meaning he would move really slow, but he would be free to move anywhere within your "home" area. Besides that, his work efficiency would be reduced even further because it's forced labor.
He would go back to his cell after the day's work and would sometimes try to escape or fight, like any other prisioner.
Furthermore, he would only be able to do dumb labor, no cooking, doctoring, smithing, art or anything wich requires good skill or that could be used to poison your colonists  :P
He could take care of animals (not train them, just milk and feed), haul, clean and plant, for example.
This would be a nice alternative for dificult to "convert" prisioners.
Oh, and once enslaved, he/she would never like any colonist again and you wouldn't be able to try and recruit him, only release, kill or keep him/her enslaved.
I hope this comes to be.

Kenneth79

From the start of the game a text pops up, why not have cut-scenes before the texts? Like what Prison Architect does in the tutorial. I think more visuals of what is happening is more appealing rather than having texts and showing a few drop pods falling. The text can pop up after the scene to merely paraphrase/reiterate what happened in a flowery manner.

QuantumNelly

Another three in the morning idea. So, get this: Colonists have an inventory, right? But they only use it when taking stuff to new places in caravans!

So, consider this: Allow colonists to pick up different pieces of gear and hold it in their inventory. I think this would be a great idea because there's already a piece of UI that allows us to make a colonist use something in their inventory if they're carrying it. (A meal, for example.) So, let's say we give a colonist two weapons. One pistol, and a knife. The colonist will be able to engage in ranged combat and fight with something that isn't their bare hands. I'm not saying they should automatically switch weapons, but instead give us the choice between ranged and melee combat efficiency without needing two different pawns with two different weapons.
Okay, that's all from me.