Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blub01

Quote from: Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed on September 02, 2015, 11:00:41 PM
Probably been suggested, but I've always thought it would be nice to prioritise what things people focus on hauling, such as miners hauling the things they've been mining, and plant-growers/cutters focusing on harvested crops. I often end up with miners running off and mining a load of stuff that's been designated, and then it just sits there for ages and people tend to ignore it.

a bit like this?
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed

Quote from: blub01 on September 03, 2015, 01:41:21 AM
Quote from: Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed on September 02, 2015, 11:00:41 PM
Probably been suggested, but I've always thought it would be nice to prioritise what things people focus on hauling, such as miners hauling the things they've been mining, and plant-growers/cutters focusing on harvested crops. I often end up with miners running off and mining a load of stuff that's been designated, and then it just sits there for ages and people tend to ignore it.

a bit like this?

I can't see anything on that list that specifically matched what I suggested, but it seems like it's in the same direction.

blub01

well, the part about prioritizing jobs goes VERY much in the same direction, and I imagine hauling jobs to be either a specific type of item, a specific area or both, maybe with the possibility to set an amount per day or make it dependent on the amount of resources in the stores.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Quote from: blub01 on September 03, 2015, 07:53:31 AM
well, the part about prioritizing jobs goes VERY much in the same direction, and I imagine hauling jobs to be either a specific type of item, a specific area or both, maybe with the possibility to set an amount per day or make it dependent on the amount of resources in the stores.

Oh ok then yes, for sure :)

shamichvolga

Я тут подумал.люди ведь копаются на  ,работают на стройках в шахтах трудятся и режут мясо(не важно чье) .
Они ведь не становятся грязными!а надо бы!и что бы была нужда иногда принимать душ-вот вам и новый крафт душевой,или бани-вот вам и применение воды.чистый колонист +к настроению и наоборот. я понимаю,что на ранних этапах не получится купаться ведь мы ещё бичи что бы душевную строить,но из за "низких ожиданий" дебафа не будет,или он будет а мизерной степени.а вот если колонист будет только что искупанным у него будет баф"чистенький"и +настроение.

Чет резко мне это пришло в голову,как вам?

Zobaken

Quote from: shamichvolga on September 03, 2015, 08:09:10 AMЧет резко мне это пришло в голову,как вам?
Для начала на английском это напиши, иначе разработчики просто не станут разбираться в твоей писанине.

You should use English, for starters. Otherwise the developers won't bother to check your message.

Kian

I searched around a bit and saw a similar suggestion for a "circuit breaker" structure. Not quite what I had in mind, so I'll still post it.

What I suggest is a fuse. Because fuses are dead simple technology that the colonists could create without too much difficulty.

The way it works:
A fuse is like a normal power conduit except that when a short happens on one side of the fuse, batteries whose only power conduit paths to the short pass through fuses are not discharged, but the fuses are destroyed instead.

Balance considerations:
This does allow you to mitigate, depending on how many fuses you build, the negative impacts of shorts to a certain extent. Shorts can still happen on local segments, and after shorts, the fuses will be destroyed breaking your power infrastructure into multiple disjoint segments until a colonist gets to building another fuse, or at least some new conduit.

Example:
You have the following simple power setup
Two charged batteries B1 & B2, connected to turret T by power conduits '-'

B1--------------T--------------B2

In this scheme if B1 shorts, all of the energy from B2 will also be expended.

If however the mighty FUSE were used:

B1------F-----T--------------B2

When B1 shorts, B2 starts to short, but the sudden surge of current blows fuse F.

Leaving you with

B1------- ----T------------B2

The B1 to T connection is broken, but B2 can still power T because it did not lose its charge.

king komodo

Quote from: Kian on September 03, 2015, 08:20:54 AM
I searched around a bit and saw a similar suggestion for a "circuit breaker" structure. Not quite what I had in mind, so I'll still post it.

What I suggest is a fuse. Because fuses are dead simple technology that the colonists could create without too much difficulty.

The way it works:
A fuse is like a normal power conduit except that when a short happens on one side of the fuse, batteries whose only power conduit paths to the short pass through fuses are not discharged, but the fuses are destroyed instead.

Balance considerations:
This does allow you to mitigate, depending on how many fuses you build, the negative impacts of shorts to a certain extent. Shorts can still happen on local segments, and after shorts, the fuses will be destroyed breaking your power infrastructure into multiple disjoint segments until a colonist gets to building another fuse, or at least some new conduit.

Example:
You have the following simple power setup
Two charged batteries B1 & B2, connected to turret T by power conduits '-'

B1--------------T--------------B2

In this scheme if B1 shorts, all of the energy from B2 will also be expended.

If however the mighty FUSE were used:

B1------F-----T--------------B2

When B1 shorts, B2 starts to short, but the sudden surge of current blows fuse F.

Leaving you with

B1------- ----T------------B2

The B1 to T connection is broken, but B2 can still power T because it did not lose its charge.

You know I've seen similar suggestions, but I don't know why no one has suggest an actual fuse (myself included) perhaps it's "too simple" in our minds? Although yes we need this, just so long as none of my colonists stick a penny in the spot for the fuse. And nice job on the diagram although I'm pretty sure Tynan knows how a fuse works I'm not going to say everyone does.

SerBeardian

How about a starvation alert for animals?

Bought 4 Wargs. Twice miscarried because of starvation and now I've lost 2 of them god knows when (over 5 days ago) because they're locked away for safety and I infrequently get meat.

An alert that animals are starving would prevent that, and would also give you an indicator to move your herds if you have them in cycling grazing areas.

+1! Had this nearly happen a few times now, I have a rather large herd of things, and for a while had three poison ship parts somewhere on the map that have made grass and crops across most of the sector extremely sparse.

blub01

don't know if that counts as cheap,
but. make. the. AI. check. for. friendly. fire.
(and for running in front of shots)

IngoVals

Made a thread for this before I noticed this cheap idea thread where this belongs.

In many cases the areas I need to ensure are fire free aren't normally traveled by colonists, energy production for example, I don't want the colonists to spend time to clean those areas.

I would suggest a tiered home areas, with a dropdown kind of system similar to allowable areas to prioritize cleaning and/or fire fighting.

Mr. Picard

Cheap Idea

Able to more quickly select different pawns, similar to EnB's Interface. This mod is used by many, and many people would love to see it implemented into vanilla game.

Jamini

A toggle for a stockpile/crematorium/grave to ONLY accept rotten corpses.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Mr. Picard on September 04, 2015, 09:49:33 AM
Cheap Idea

Able to more quickly select different pawns, similar to EnB's Interface. This mod is used by many, and many people would love to see it implemented into vanilla game.
With a toggle for people who dont like it cause i know a few but yes +1
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.