Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryc8

I think that we should be able to copy areas for example I would like to copy home zone and add to it zone with human meals for my cannibal colonists.

cultist

Quote from: Kryc8 on July 01, 2016, 09:06:01 AM
I think that we should be able to copy areas for example I would like to copy home zone and add to it zone with human meals for my cannibal colonists.

I think a better solution would be to give pawns more than one area they are allowed in. That way, you could simply make a "human meat zone" and add it the allowed areas of cannibals, but not other pawns.

Kryc8

I think a better solution would be to give pawns more than one area they are allowed in.
I think that your idea is way better.

paxinum

I find a huge lack of steel in the late-game. One way to solve this would be to have some sort of way to antagonize mechanoids - that is, force them to appear and attack. In the late game, one expects to be able to handle such raids, so some device that can send a signal that attracts mechanoids would be great.

VortecusMaximus

Quote from: paxinum on July 01, 2016, 03:00:14 PM
I find a huge lack of steel in the late-game. One way to solve this would be to have some sort of way to antagonize mechanoids - that is, force them to appear and attack. In the late game, one expects to be able to handle such raids, so some device that can send a signal that attracts mechanoids would be great.

Or you just sell something, like devilstrand or corn and buy your steel from bulk goods traders? They usually sell thousands at a time during the late game

paxinum

Make bugs from infestations sensitive to temperature.

b0rsuk

When you order shutting down of a mechanoid, it ends up dead and forbidden. It should be allowed by default because it's usually done to allow disassembling them.

re1wind

Quote from: sharpjd on June 19, 2016, 03:49:40 PM
Chocolate Milk:
Made on an electric stove with milk and chocolate. Gives 20%+ joy than regular chocolate.
Market value: $7.50

Bathing:
Colonists bathe in a body of water to gain comfort and a little bit of joy.

Chocolate milk...bathing...!
Colonists should be able to bathe in hot chocolate for that extra decadently posh and wasteful feel.

Kryc8

People with gender change should be affected by physic drone if it's focused on  their previous gender.

b0rsuk

Haul/bury humanlike corpses only if they're inside Home Zone or they're colonist corpses. I don't see why my colonists should run across the map to bury a raider from a siege, just because I stripped the corpse of his valuables.

AseaHeru

Howabout being able to select in the options things like automatically forbidding things in certain areas? I know that I want my colonists to deal with the corpses of raiders across the map after they are stripped.

Anyways, Autopsies! Let me get back that insanely expensive bit of goodness thats in that dead colonist, or that dead raider, or that dead visitor, etc.

hector212121

How about Insecticide Flooring? Say, 1 herbal med per tile to lock hives out of a area.

I mean, in a controlled area, I'd love to have a hive, but just anywhere? NOPE

DariusWolfe

Quote1 herbal med per

I'd bump that number up quite a bit, to maybe 5. Mid-late game, it's not hard to get a TON of herbal meds. I recently had a single harvest that yielded 120-some, and I only really needed that much because I'd just had 5 colonists make it through malaria.

b0rsuk

On the screen where you assign people to beds, mark relationships with colors. Two people in the same relationship would get the same color (different than white). With the typical cap of 10 colonists, you won't run out of colors that easily.

And if you do, you can mark people with symbols next to their name.

Supert

1) Colonists should check for temperature before going into room. For ex., my colonist just tried to have dinner at table when it was 1100C indoors.

2) Preferred zone for visitors/trade depot. I had traders from Aunt's Cliff. They had bring herd of bears and stopped in middle of my turrets' line. One of the bears decided to hunt down boomalope. Boomalope was standing next to my turret, too. Boomalope exploded, turret exploded, bear exploded and every single auntcliffer in the world become hostile to me. Because my turret harmed their bear.