Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

ok, maybe these are personal preferences:

- give better quality equipment to hi-difficulty human raiders, i'd really appreciate to fight against a pirate equipping legendary assault rifle and power armor instead 2 of them barely dressed up. I'm unable to mod myself in the xmls.

-double (or even more) the amounts carried by orbital traders. I modded this myself (straight multiplied the standard <MAX>value<\MAX> by 10) and i'm really appreciating them visiting and me being unable to buy all i wish because they have so much to sell. You can call this making the game easier, i call it having a chance to buy huge amounts on a still rare base.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

maculator

Next to "new game" should be "review old game".
Shows you the stats of your past games:
-storyteller
-difficulty
-who made it
-how long did you take
-wealth accumulated
-The "records" tabs of your colonists
-the stories of art and coffins
-etc.
-dev mode activations....^^

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING!

Wanderer_joins

nerf open door cover: the best security cover is a sandbag 60%, an open door is 75%

door dancing is already OP without the additional cover

GrimTrigger

As suggested above.. windows / skylights
and to supplement those.. smart lights that turn on / off at specific times of the day.
Ceiling / Wall lights.  I have these things in mods but official implementation would be nice. (no power cable extending from them would be nice as well)

Chicken Plucker

Longer times before auto-reforming after raids please, it makes no sense why we are forced to relocate after 1-2 days.

Yes you can colonize the tile to stay there longer, but at Rimworld's current state where there are limited colonies because of performance issues, a little extra time would be nice. Cluck cluck

Definitely not Sceaudufax

Mental break: cleaning spree. Colonist will go on a cleaning spree to the point of neglecting their basic needs. Not applicable to pawns that are incapable of cleaning.

Mental break: one with the animals. Colonist will strip off their clothing and begin to behave like an animal. They will wander, eat raw food or kibble, and sleep on the floor. Negative moodlets abound! Unhappy nudity, slept on floor, cold/hot, ate raw food etc.

GrimTrigger

Quote from: Definitely not Sceaudufax on September 27, 2017, 01:11:45 PM
Mental break: cleaning spree. Colonist will go on a cleaning spree to the point of neglecting their basic needs. Not applicable to pawns that are incapable of cleaning.

Mental break: one with the animals. Colonist will strip off their clothing and begin to behave like an animal. They will wander, eat raw food or kibble, and sleep on the floor. Negative moodlets abound! Unhappy nudity, slept on floor, cold/hot, ate raw food etc.

I could be wrong but I think the first mental break suggestion is already in the game.. or it could be one of my mods.  I have so many so its hard to tell.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: GrimTrigger on September 27, 2017, 01:26:23 PM
Quote from: Definitely not Sceaudufax on September 27, 2017, 01:11:45 PM

I could be wrong but I think the first mental break suggestion is already in the game.. or it could be one of my mods.  I have so many so its hard to tell.

It's a mod .. but I can't tell exactly which .. either Psychology or the other one I can't remember right now.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Call me Arty

I'd appreciate some grow-zone option to restrict the click-and-drag to a specific level of fertility, so I don't have to cut all the grass around an area and turn up my contrast to figure out which shade of brown tile is 40% more fertile than the rest.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

maculator

Quote from: Call me Arty on September 27, 2017, 04:08:10 PM
I'd appreciate some grow-zone option to restrict the click-and-drag to a specific level of fertility, so I don't have to cut all the grass around an area and turn up my contrast to figure out which shade of brown tile is 40% more fertile than the rest.
You could just hover your mouse over a tile, determine its fertility, place a square of grow zone, deselect the tool to see the mousover again, hover over te next tile, etc...

Call me Arty

Quote from: maculator on September 27, 2017, 04:15:48 PM
Quote from: Call me Arty on September 27, 2017, 04:08:10 PM
You could just hover your mouse over a tile, determine its fertility, place a square of grow zone, deselect the tool to see the mousover again, hover over te next tile, etc...

Yeah, you could also set your stove to make "Simple Meal 1 Times", wait for it to be made, and tick it back up again.
It's a simple quality of life change, to cut click . . . click. . .click. . .click . . . click to click-click-click. Plus always lose my place when I have to move my mouse down to the architecture tab.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

maculator

I wasn't 100% serious^^ It's annoying as F to determine fertile ground in a field of grass.

jdemiers17

Have mute check box in bottom right corner with the other check boxes. when you have the game run in  background it would be easier to have check box then to have to go to setting to mute the game.

Spielesocke

my cheapest idea so far: create something like a roomba. a little robot which cleans rooms. So far most of the game works (at least for me) but the cleaning doesn't and it has a strong negative mood influence and  you know (food poisoning)

if i right click on dirt to clean it the pawns always leave a spot or even more than one spot dirt. They are not good at cleaning (they clean as i would do it in real life)

soo yes please... make it happen: a litte robot for cleaning rooms... ! 

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Spielesocke on October 01, 2017, 12:52:19 PM
soo yes please... make it happen: a litte robot for cleaning rooms... !

There might be a mod for this .. or five or even more.

Quote from: maculator on September 29, 2017, 05:37:07 PM
I wasn't 100% serious^^ It's annoying as F to determine fertile ground in a field of grass.

Simple Solution : Show ground stats anywhere else than in the lower left corner. Or make an overview option for it, like beauty.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.