Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

Quote from: Anastasia on September 04, 2018, 09:17:49 PMPlantable mushrooms/fungus
This should be a pretty easy one, since there's already two types (three?) of mushrooms that grow in world tiles that have the special 'caves' zones. Just make them plantable by players? :)

Kangoshi

Quote from: Doktorwh0 on September 03, 2018, 03:22:28 PM
Vehicles...
Rimworld isn't familiar with the concept of a wheel. ;D
And +1 for at least a nickname under the colonist's name. Sparty has a system for naming colonists, but it's not that great - sometimes she needs to cut the names. :(

bier00t

Wind.
Wind moving smoke.
Smoke granades.
Smoke from fire.
Sandstorms?
Snowstorms.
Hurricanes?

Namsan

I think the game could use more advanced electric stove.
This advanced electric stove can cook multiple meals at once, and generally cook more faster compared to regular electric stove.
Player can unlock it by researching. prerequisite research is Multi-analyzer and Nutrient paste.

In late-game, I often feel cooking is too slow and tedious because there are so many colonists.
So I think this is a good addition to solve this problem.
Hello

Arkay_The_Arcane

Paintings! They'd be like statues, but made out cloth, and must be attached to walls. Sounds pretty simple.

bier00t

Animal hostility dependent on map climate.
For example smaller Emu on desert would run from you but bigger somewhere else would attack.

TiberianSun371AlexW

Make more difficulty levels? You reduced them down to 5, only 4 of which have all events.

AileTheAlien

Watermill generator: make it buildable with either wood, steel, or stone, like simple research benches.

i.e. Change this

<costList>
      <WoodLog>280</WoodLog>
      <Steel>80</Steel>
      <ComponentIndustrial>3</ComponentIndustrial>
    </costList>

to this

<stuffCategories>
      <li>Metallic</li>
      <li>Woody</li>
      <li>Stony</li>
    </stuffCategories>
    <costStuffCount>280</costStuffCount>
    <costList>
      <Steel>80</Steel>
      <ComponentIndustrial>3</ComponentIndustrial>
    </costList>

seubtobi

Some Ideas for a smoother gameplay:

Different Zones for fire fighting, cleaning and repair
For example I don't care if my fields are dirty... but well I care if they are on fire.
At best with prioritys (I don't know about you, but a clean kitchen is much more important to me than a clean hallway)

Loadouts for work priorities
Or at least one self defined default setting you can return to.
It needs more than a bit of micromanagement to react to unusual situations (And Rimworld is quite a game of unusual situations)
And it would be nice to switch easily back to your perfectly balanced work priorities after you repaired the damage of the latest disaster.

last and also least:
Different sprite for used cryptosleep casket
Would be nice for the looks to have "active" caskets. And more convenient to find the occupied ones (when you have some more).
(Some more information about the person laying inside would be also nice)

Emulsion

Quote from: seubtobi on September 10, 2018, 03:31:54 PM

Different Zones for fire fighting, cleaning and repair
For example I don't care if my fields are dirty... but well I care if they are on fire.
At best with prioritys (I don't know about you, but a clean kitchen is much more important to me than a clean hallway)

So much this :)

Kraehe

Crazy Killer Panda. Sometimes arrives a manhunter Panda and because he is soooooo cute only psychopaths can attack him!

Jackalvin

Getting covered in firefoam pisses colonists off.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Swarx

grow berries -> make wine

also, strawberries should be red

XplosiveAsh

I would suggest a temporary mood bonus for getting over an addiction, everyone loves getting over a habit or addiction in real life so it would make sense for it to be in the game.

Kangoshi

A spot for the cooked meals on the stove.