Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imacb

When workers dump items into the stockpile, they should automatically dump at the furthest point in said stockpile (maybe from the centre of your base? Or offer the option to choose which side of a stockpile to start filling from).

That way when they're dumping a lot of rubble it doesn't take twice as long with them having to walk over stuff dumped at the entrance of them stockpile. Unnecessarily inefficient.

Lazarus

Quote from: imacb on August 18, 2014, 06:10:25 PM
When workers dump items into the stockpile, they should automatically dump at the furthest point in said stockpile (maybe from the centre of your base? Or offer the option to choose which side of a stockpile to start filling from).

That way when they're dumping a lot of rubble it doesn't take twice as long with them having to walk over stuff dumped at the entrance of them stockpile. Unnecessarily inefficient.

To be fair this is a player management thing - you can simply zone the areas to better suit it than simply make a massive square. Forgive the crudness of the drawing...
|                      |
|____________|

Sort of like this and they should dump things in the right places without climbing over everything - you could also try making the wooden wall which is inexpensive to build around it to stop them walking in every which way
Poke poke, stab stab.

ehh713

Also, if this wasn't mentioned elsewhere:

- A toggle that restricts movement and activities to the HOME zone

- The ability to use fire and other commands (other than move orders) with multiple drafted units selected

- A way to assign fighting abilities so that when a toggle is activated all characters set to be fighters will automatically equip the highest-value armor nearby. This way you can easily equip/unequip your fighters for engagements, and dont have to spend 10 minutes micromanaging the gearing of each character before a battle.

Thanks!

MajorFordson

Starting pistol/weapons

The players should start only with emergency survival pistols. These weapons are low damage, and have infinite ammo (if the devs ever plan for normal weapons to have ammunition) and are only intended for use for hunting small to medium sized game in a survival scenario. Oh and the mechanism for infinite ammo is one from a Terry Pratchet novel, the gun condenses and freeezes atmospheric liquid into the bullets!

This would ensure the player has a fallback hunting method, without giving the player a big head start for weaponry at the start. Also it makes more sense than just having some weapons with you.

stefanstr

Recreational drugs - either in the form of marijuana growing around or synthetic drugs available for trade.

They would give a big short-term boost to the character’s mood (like + 50 maybe) but would give him a hangover after (a -10 to mood, e.g.) or lower the mood permanently (e.g., -1 for each consumed dose), ultimately leading to insanity.

They would be useful as a short-term remedy to characters in danger of going insane but would have to be used sparingly.

Viceroy

A zone where people close to mental breaks will go. This can be used for recreation rooms with beautiful surroundings, or as a hellhole where I prepare the beating-officers to take you the fuck down.

A zone where people prefer to eat and hang around in when idle. IE a canteen.
Dog goes moo!

Clayton

In the game "Space Colony", when a colonist would claim a bed, it would change the bed graphic.

I think something similar to that would be cool to see; when someone claims it, it simply changes to a different graphic.

For example, a colonist claims a bed, it changes to a pink blanket with stars on it. I imagine the code would be simple enough and there's almost an endless amount of different kind of visuals. Maybe just a bed with the blanket kind of pulled down; maybe a bed that hasn't been made. Maybe a bed with simply a different color pillow, ect. combine that with how many different blanket designs you could imagine, and bamn, instant, simple variety.

TL_ARMY

Parasites! As seen in Aliens movies and Aliens vs Predator! Parasite infects, dies, leaves an egg to the host, egg hatches, host dies and then after the content of egg has grown it becomes a predator

king komodo

Quick idea prosthetic/cybernetic limbs simply use metal (1 or 2 for prothetics) to create limbs for people who have had theirs shot off or cut off prothetics have limited usability while cybernetics have full capability possibly even higher (i.e. give a bonus to construction speed or hauling capacity) but you must research cybernetics and prosthetic's (prerequisite) and have someone to use it on for each so you can't arbitrarily work on it. Reason I came up with this is that I currently have one of my original 3 colonists lying in a medical bed missing both his right arm and right leg (having been cut off) and he can't do anything because of that.

Also on a similar topic please allow us to put incapacitated people into the cryosleep pods much like we can a bed.

grandad1982

I'm sure some of these have already been mentioned but:

• a smaller table (1x1) this would be great in prison cells!
  • make the trade beacon automatically place a stockpile
  • add tool tips to the different body parts etc in the health screen so it clearer what is being effected and by how much. This could be a right click menu like gear.
  • use the stone cutter bench to carve fancy blocks. Tech unlocked and more costly to produce.

Viceroy

Scrap metal piles that can be constructed, similar to sandbags but more for that rundown shitheap look. Inflammable.

Tazer Turrets for capturing foo's

Landmines sometimes spawn in the world when you land, for extra !FUN!

Paramedic Duty that auto resques colonists.

Medbay designation where paramedics hang around. (This will help with shock deaths as you have medics on standby.)

Make medkits stackable to 10, so that you can designate 1 square stores of them in front of each medical bed or in places where first aid kits are needed without all our meds getting stacked there.

Give the trade beacon a red light when no ship is in range and a green light when a ship is in range.

Make tribals attempt to steal weapons also instead of just colonists. Makes sense that a machinegun would be an awesome catch for them.

Add a 'saloon' designation where visitors go, and maybe a bar counter (dispenser) where they buy alcohol for 2 silver each.

Music speakers that give a little good thought.

Bridge tiles that can be built on water/mud.

Draw bridge.

Dog goes moo!

craft_abk

I think you should make a loading screen. When ever I play Rimworld I don't know if it is loading or crashing. So it would be really nice if there was a loading screen.  :)

zakywak123

The constant traders should be able to get some of your colonists to escape for a huge price E.G. 1k each colonist.
This would add a different way of escaping the planet.

Also, when some of your colonists have escaped, you should be able to manage two colonies on one saved game so they can even trade with each other.

Last of all, you should have some offence when it comes to raiding so you can actually raid other places but they should be extremely difficult but are filled with rewards.

Ykara

It would be nice if there was some enhanced weapon handling. I would love to see an experience-system. That means, that for example a colonist who is always fighting with the shotgun gets experienced in fighting with this weapon. The more experience points a colonist has on fighting with a certain weapon the more boosts (accuracy / damage) he gets.

Bruvvy