Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ComradeCrimson

Red Berets.

Communist esque officer caps.

Trench coats.

Constructable flags coming in a variety of colours for decoration purposes (red, blue, orange, etc.)

More colours of carpet. (Like Yellow.)
And for added measure, guns with bayonets! Especially stuff like Lee Enfields or AK's.
My Voice Acting library/samples:
https://soundcloud.com/comradecrimson
I am a voice actor for various mods like Rise of the Reds for Generals Zero Hour. Contact me via email if you need my services.

StatikMilk30

How about instead of raiders and other factions attacking your base you could go to the other factions bases and fuckum up.

FreedomFighters

Since you hinted Cybernetic Implants, why don't you add Cybernetic Implanted weapons, like Scyther lances and Centipede Inferno Cannons

mickel

Have ceiling lights been suggested yet? I want those things out of the way, they're using up floorspace I need.

boothby

End game addition;

Needing supplies
*fuel from crashed space craft
*survival kit invade ship crashes (same as food/materials as you get when your crashed at start of the game)
*weaponry - in case crash land on hostile planet
*tradable commodities

Wudchuck

1.Pants, they would have pockets and such. Would possibly require belts. Both could be useful later if it gets to where colonists can carry more stuff on them.
ex: a gear belt that carries a medkit, a field ration, a canteen(when/if water becomes needed for survival, ammo(if that becomes a feature), maybe a side arm.

2. More melee damage if the colonist is holding a weapon. Say using their gun as a club, hitting an enemy with the stock, pistol whipping, etc. Those should hurt the enemy more than just being punched.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

SubZeroBricks

OK, this is probably been suggested but I don't have the time to read through 73 pages! (sorry)

I would love to see more mechanoids in the game and to give them a major buff, as I think they are very weak. But buff stats (health, dps etc.) and not sheer number.

Also a mech I'd love to see added would be a 4 leg spider mech thing (double minigun weapon :D).
"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

king komodo

Quote from: SubZeroBricks on September 01, 2014, 04:04:45 PM
OK, this is probably been suggested but I don't have the time to read through 73 pages! (sorry)

I would love to see more mechanoids in the game and to give them a major buff, as I think they are very weak. But buff stats (health, dps etc.) and not sheer number.

Also a mech I'd love to see added would be a 4 leg spider mech thing (double minigun weapon :D).

You my friend are a little bit insane. At least when it comes to the caterpillar ones the small fast ones could use a slight boost to health but they would also need a slight debuff to shooting skill.

SubZeroBricks

Quote from: king komodo on September 01, 2014, 05:05:10 PM

You my friend are a little bit insane. At least when it comes to the caterpillar ones the small fast ones could use a slight boost to health but they would also need a slight debuff to shooting skill.

I find that only a 1 sniper  and a decent amount of distraction (sandbags, turrets etc.) will take down 2-4 caterpillars easy and the sythers are a joke they are as weak as bandits.

kidlonewolf

More consumable items : Like maybe items like cigarettes that stop colonist from having a break down, but can cause some negative effects such as slower walking speed or decreased social skills (due to smell). If used enough could cause permanent effects such addiction which will be double the normal negative effects when not using the item.

More items like that.

Also items or furniture that require two or more colonist to use, such as games.

king komodo

Quote from: SubZeroBricks on September 01, 2014, 06:34:32 PM
I find that only a 1 sniper  and a decent amount of distraction (sandbags, turrets etc.) will take down 2-4 caterpillars easy and the sythers are a joke they are as weak as bandits.

Yeah I don't like to sacrifice things like that but those scythers charge lances can really wreck your day if you don't have a sniper rifle to use maybe even then because of their range seeming incredibly off to me been awhile since I've actually played, having to leave someone behind because they lost 2 limbs kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth.

On a slightly different note could we be able to research a range increase on turrets only able to be done after you've researched the cooling of course and the range would only go up by 1 or 2.

SubZeroBricks

Quote from: king komodo on September 02, 2014, 12:52:33 PM
On a slightly different note could we be able to research a range increase on turrets only able to be done after you've researched the cooling of course and the range would only go up by 1 or 2.

I like this idea :)

ns9559

Crutches, walking sticks, wheel chairs, and the like. I just watched a LP where a colonist lost a leg and realized that there is no way of dealing with it. Its one of those problems humans have been solving for millions of years, and is really painful when it isn't an option. Maybe a generic prosthetic item that can be crafted, perhaps in different levels. A crafting bench can make wood prosthetics, a research table might be able to make metal prosthetics, which could partially restore limbs. A prosthetic leg combined with a walking stick or cane might restore 75-80% mobility. You could buy hi-tech prosthetics from traders, or fashion them from dead mechanoids that could restore a damaged body part to full function, such as a lost eye being replaced by a cybernetic one. The generic prosthetic could be used similarly to med-kit, which can only be applied to destroyed body parts.

Wudchuck

A weather station, would have to be used by a scientist or someone with high research ability, could predict weather/solar flares.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ns9559 on September 03, 2014, 03:23:12 PM
Crutches, walking sticks, wheel chairs, and the like. I just watched a LP where a colonist lost a leg and realized that there is no way of dealing with it. Its one of those problems humans have been solving for millions of years, and is really painful when it isn't an option. Maybe a generic prosthetic item that can be crafted, perhaps in different levels. A crafting bench can make wood prosthetics, a research table might be able to make metal prosthetics, which could partially restore limbs. A prosthetic leg combined with a walking stick or cane might restore 75-80% mobility. You could buy hi-tech prosthetics from traders, or fashion them from dead mechanoids that could restore a damaged body part to full function, such as a lost eye being replaced by a cybernetic one. The generic prosthetic could be used similarly to med-kit, which can only be applied to destroyed body parts.

Prosthetics are confirmed for A7.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here