Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingtyris

Colonists use closest available resource instead of only using resources from stockpiles. I deconstruct a wood wall and set a blueprint for wood conduit wall, the pawn takes the wood back to the stockpile and brings back a different pile of wood to work on the wall with -_-

Dieform

Quote from: kingtyris on October 13, 2014, 07:41:26 PM
Colonists use closest available resource instead of only using resources from stockpiles. I deconstruct a wood wall and set a blueprint for wood conduit wall, the pawn takes the wood back to the stockpile and brings back a different pile of wood to work on the wall with -_-

I believe this is already the case with crafting stations.

Xubrim

A button (or other method) that toggles seeing the radius of buildings. When building storage zones around drop beacons or really anything around turrets, it's important for me to know how big the range is. I end up having to select the object, compare what I've already done, build more, and repeat until things are finished.

bechtoldn

I was thinking the other day about how i hate when there are repeated days of rain or extreme heat so maybe a cool feature would be to add the weather affecting mood. Like one trait could be that a person is sad during rain and this drops their mood, or someone loves rain. Too hot or too cold in certain climates. People reacting to their environment is something we all do and i feel this would make the game characters more human.
Speaking of humans are we ever going to see alien races? Because there is a screen that says the person is an average human. Aliens could be stronger or weaker at certain ting depending on race. And there could be variations on just humans, people could be androids or cyborgs.

Noobshock

+1 on the weather affecting mood, seems like it would be easy enough to add, and having the occasional colonist who gets happy or depressed over certain types of weather would add some variety and further complexify things (doesn't have to be a very common trait either, but even having it be somewhat rare for extra flavor couldn't hurt). For instance if I'm embarking in high precipitation jungle terrain, that otherwise really good looking colonist might actually become a liability on a regular basis.

Noobshock

Cheap idea: let us assign prisoner beds to a specific prisoner same as for colonists(wardens would be in charge of making sure they're all in the right room). There's definitely prisoners you don't give much of a crap about, and then there's VIP prisoners you absolutely want to keep in good shape, please and recruit. It makes sense to let the colony choose where it wants which prisoner.

Nasikabatrachus

1. A tool to mass-forbid items in a selected area would be nice.

2. A better way to strip corpses: have a selectable option that can be toggled when individual or multiple corpses are selected, instead of requiring the player to manually order each corpse to be stripped.

TheSilencedScream

Remove or reduce the negative moods for harvesting/selling prisoners that were obtained when they attacked you first.

Realistically, if someone shot at you in attempts to kill you just to take your stuff or to harvest/sell you, I'd imagine you wouldn't show much - if any - remorse in returning the favor.

I'd also imagine that several professions, such as military, would not feel a mood drop from this, having experienced the realities of war.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Noobshock

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on October 16, 2014, 12:28:18 PM
Remove or reduce the negative moods for harvesting/selling prisoners that were obtained when they attacked you first.

Agreed. One of the things that bothered me the most in Salem (back when Seatribe was still in charge), is how you turn into a flagged criminal for defending yourself.

A guy who charged in wanting to kill you shouldn't cause morale penalties if you dispose of him.

richeygator

a way to apply medicine while still on the battlefield
ive had quite a few situations where a colonist will bleed out whilst dragging them back
a way to (maybe 50-70%)stop bleeding by applying medicine before dragging
^it should be reallyshort term-about the time to drag a colonist half-way across a map
i won't have a god complex,everyone else has a mortal complex.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7248.0
play the first rimworld RTD

Dieform

Quote from: richeygator on October 16, 2014, 07:50:36 PM
a way to apply medicine while still on the battlefield
ive had quite a few situations where a colonist will bleed out whilst dragging them back
a way to (maybe 50-70%)stop bleeding by applying medicine before dragging
^it should be reallyshort term-about the time to drag a colonist half-way across a map

^ Essentially "First Aid" 

Captain Meow

It'd be nice to have height and width displayed for you while placing walls, zones etc.

Electroman195

add the game as a cd for Christmas so people can buy it and put it under the Christmas tree. :)

richeygator

Quote from: Electroman195 on October 18, 2014, 10:08:39 AM
add the game as a cd for Christmas so people can buy it and put it under the Christmas tree. :)
if you want to do this you could just burn the files to a CD
i could throw together a disk cover if you want

i won't have a god complex,everyone else has a mortal complex.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7248.0
play the first rimworld RTD

Dappernaut

Fire Extinguishers and Flamethrowers.

Also I would really like an easier way to chase down enemies kidnapping my colonists. Maybe if you made them slower when they are carrying people or added some kind of shoes/pants that make my colonists faster. Another idea would be an expensive tile that makes my colonists faster, but not enemies. That could also go a long with the boots idea. They could only travel faster if they are wearing certain boots?