Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorLlama

Buried power conduits - take x longer to construct than regular power conduits but can only be damaged by impact/explosion (mortars, pods, grenades, etc.)

Cleanliness - Blood, dirt, etc. near healing colonists/prisoners greatly increases chance of infection. General uncleanliness increases chance of disease.

jaeden25

Manned pillboxes, to give colonists a chance to defend with all the different weapons in the game without dying instantly.

Evelyn

Quote from: ogto on October 06, 2014, 08:37:09 AM
i know that, but i want to prioritize not a TYPE of job, but A job. Construct THIS wall, haul THIS item, etc.

Select the colonist and right click what you want him to do.

Cimanyd

Make crashed AI ship parts drop plasteel when destroyed. (instead of metal, or some of each)
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Drahkon

Alright, here's another one. On the Overview page, add a check-box on the top of each job type. As long as that box is checked that job is disabled for all pawns. Toss a red line through it like is shown on incapped pawns. Would make temporarily shifting priorities a snap without forgetting how you had em set. Bonus points if you can still manually order colonists to do said job.

Also, on the trade screen it'd be nice to have the Silver row 'sticky' and always visible even when you scroll down.

Haplo

Make raiders Focus on Buildings_PowerPlant as they are focusing on doors.
So that they try to destroy the power sources if they can reach it easily.

Tumuel

Deconstruct mechanoids to make plasteel?

JimmyAgnt007

llunauk

Fences!  They would keep animals out of my vegetable patches and eating my crops! (Which I love!)  -  pawns could pass through them.  Don't get much cheaper then that! 

Geokinesis

There should be a couple of spawns of 'Handful of stones' weapons on the map, so if you ever are lacking a ranged weapon you can grab them. After all there should be stones about naturally.

skullywag

Quote from: llunauk on October 07, 2014, 02:02:44 PM
Fences!  They would keep animals out of my vegetable patches and eating my crops! (Which I love!)  -  pawns could pass through them.  Don't get much cheaper then that!

Just a skinned wall and door to look like fences and gates, its been done in mods for a while. Wood tweaks has it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

llunauk

Quote from: skullywag on October 07, 2014, 05:28:31 PM
Quote from: llunauk on October 07, 2014, 02:02:44 PM

Just a skinned wall and door to look like fences and gates, its been done in mods for a while. Wood tweaks has it.

I think I've played with it already but the problem was that that they were walls and my pawns couldn't pass though.  I'll go re-check though to make sure.  Thanks for the heads up :)

DeltaV

Ordering up one wall over another wall should make the colonists replace the first wall with the second, without having to deconstruct and then designate the re-construction in a new material.

Here's an example:
- You have a wall made of metal.
- After your first siege, you decide to replace the wall with stone.
- You designate the stone wall to be built over the metal wall; the colonists deconstruct the metal wall and build the stone wall without the risk of you forgetting to build in the new wall and being left defenseless.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Wex

Quote from: Tumuel on October 07, 2014, 11:49:30 AM
Deconstruct mechanoids to make plasteel?
Quote from: Cimanyd on October 06, 2014, 05:29:48 PM
Make crashed AI ship parts drop plasteel when destroyed. (instead of metal, or some of each)
Yes. Plasteel is rarer than gold.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Leemster

A lighted wall.  So the wall emits light but also acts as a wall.