[1.0] Clutter ("Was i a squieerl ?" December 20, 2018)

Started by mrofa, February 16, 2016, 02:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Cool stuff, thanks!)) As for the walls - I guess I agree about utility ones, since they are kind of hard to get with a lot of steel in its recipe. Reinforced walls however still a bit too good. They do cost some steel too now though, as I've noticed.

One more thing could you maybe add a feature to apparel recoloring station to have presets? Would be a nice little thing)

mrofa

It is possible, i just dont know if its possible for my cooding skill lvl :P
All i do is clutter all around.

Madman666

Ah, well, if thats hard - don't bother, its just a bit of a quality of life little change.

Kagea

thank you for the update and the option for the doors thats perfect :)

Harry_Dicks

Did the most recent was update change the utility walls again? I thought they used to have cool little red/green lights/gizmos (non interactive, just decoration) when I zoomed in, but I don't see them anymore. Also not getting a lot of the"techy" texture, it seems pretty rare.

ajaviide

hello, i recently discovered clutter hands (so cute!), was wondering if anyone knows more compatible weapons mods , besides CE and rimfire.

:) Thx

mrofa

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 21, 2018, 07:23:14 PM
Did the most recent was update change the utility walls again? I thought they used to have cool little red/green lights/gizmos (non interactive, just decoration) when I zoomed in, but I don't see them anymore. Also not getting a lot of the"techy" texture, it seems pretty rare.

Tech parts have 20% chance to be choosen on wall build, thats said if you have them changed after load it is a bug and will need to look into it.

Quote from: ajaviide on January 22, 2018, 02:20:49 AM
hello, i recently discovered clutter hands (so cute!), was wondering if anyone knows more compatible weapons mods , besides CE and rimfire.

:) Thx

No idea

Madman666

Hey there, @mrofa! I am really enjoying your mods as always, though i do have couple of questions. First one is about doors - i noticed you added prisoners to your "door access system", but you always need to specify each exact prisoner in the access system, for them to be able to go through. And I always forget to do that once new prisoners get captured. Could you add a checkbox for allowing any type of pawn to go through? Like all colonists or all prisoners - the you can do with pets.

And the second - do you plan on adding some more interesting stuff? Or maybe "readding" things that are already there, like double beds and such? Thanks!)

mrofa

Madman666 by default when you build  doors or if you disable permits on the doors or modmenu everyone have access, that said vanilia prisoners dont use doors, option was only addes since someone requested it for some mod that add that ability to prisoners and mostly becouse it was just 2 lines of code to add :D

As for plans i got "BIG PLANZ!" just dont have much time :/
Anyways beda would be a good start thrugh

Madman666

Quote from: mrofa on February 08, 2018, 11:20:24 AM
Madman666 by default when you build  doors or if you disable permits on the doors or modmenu everyone have access, that said vanilia prisoners dont use doors, option was only addes since someone requested it for some mod that add that ability to prisoners and mostly becouse it was just 2 lines of code to add :D

As for plans i got "BIG PLANZ!" just dont have much time :/
Anyways beda would be a good start thrugh

Yah, not enough time - story of our lives. I ll be looking forward to those plans of yours)

Harry_Dicks

Has anyone tried Clutter's locks with the Locks mod? Same guy who makes the Prison Labor mod. In the description for the Clutter mod it says to not use with any other mods that modify door defs, or something like that. Hmm, I'm curious to try them both out together. I plan on using the Simple Slavery mod, which is more like an indentured servant mod, and they will try to escape every now and then. So I will need to keep certain doors in my base locked for certain pawns.

Anyone have any experience with one mod over the other, and/or have any comments on the two?

EDIT: It seems like the two mods work together, as far as I could tell. I'm sure there's probably one weird test I didn't complete though that breaks the entire game.

Anyway, I was wondering with Clutter doors and locks, could we get a graphic for the 2.5D doors from RF - Concrete, please? That's the only other doors that I have added from mods, and it looks really weird if all of my vertical doors have the new graphic but then the ones from RF - Concrete don't :-/ Hmm, I wonder if load order matters at all. How is a new graphic generated for doors, does it happen automatically or do you create a texture? I'm sure I could just look in the texture files myself ::)

darkwar1213

Hey harry, since you are trying out simple slavery and prison labor, are those mods working fine together for you? I was curious since I am really interested in combing Prison Labor, Prinsoner Ramson, Simple Slavery, Imprisonment on the Go, Prisoner Outfit, King's Slaves and Locks to try an slavers run. If you say that this one works fine with Locks i'll give it a try.

Harry_Dicks

Yes as far as I can tell both of the mods work fine together, as I had both of them running at some point as well. Prison Labor is more of it allows you to have your prisoners work, chain-gang style. Where you have a new work type, jailor, which is essentially just a warden that watches prisoners working and "motivates" them. Simple Slavery is more of an "indentured servant" mod, where you put a slave collar around a prisoner, and it makes them a controllable pawn. However, these "slaves" will still try to secretly escape your base and the map every so often, I really hope the chance to have to happen is affected by their mood. Finally, I'm not sure if Prison Labor makes the prisoners appear as "new colonists" up on your colonists bar, but I think Simple Slavery will when you put a slave collar on a prisoner. One last thing - I want to use Simple Slavery because with the mod Cults, I'm pretty sure you can only do blood sacrifices of your own colonists, and with a slave collar you will be able to trick the game into letting you sacrifice a prisoner. Honestly I don't know if you can normally kill a prisoner like this, but I wanted to keep my options open.

PS - Clutter's Door mod seems like it is leaps and bounds better than the Locks mod. Not to crap all over the Locks mod, because it seems like it does what it sets out to do. But with Clutter's mod, you can individually set which prisoners/colonists/pets can and cannot go through each individual door. And that is exactly what I wanted, it's got a great little interface and everything, where as Locks only has the "assign owner" user interface, with no nuance for prisoners and/or animals as far as I could tell. End of the day, I completely recommend Clutter's Doors over Locks for what you are trying to achieve.

I don't have any experience with Imprisonment on the Go or King's Slaves, so I can't tell you anything about either of those.

Saint Lucifer

Small question, why is the double beds and some of the other furniture, commented out in the code?

mrofa

Quote from: Saint Lucifer on February 14, 2018, 12:37:31 AM
Small question, why is the double beds and some of the other furniture, commented out in the code?

Since they need some stuff to be updated which i didint make yet